Atrix 2 not stuck at RED M, hard reset not working

Search This thread

mkataria

May 10, 2014
Hi XDA,

My Atrix 2 doesn't boot completely, it get stuck at the RED M, i tried to hard reset it (vol up + vol down + power), it shows the options, but whatever option I select, it again stuck at the frustrating RED M.

Can I reset it using my computer?

Thanks

dmroeder

Oct 14, 2012
Portland, OR
Do you ever see the Motorola boot logo?
What did you do to get it in this condition?

Soft bricks can be fixed by flashing your phones stock firmware via rsdlite. This process is often called FXZ. Whether you can be successful depends on the answers to my questions above.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mkataria

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
Hi XDA,

My Atrix 2 doesn't boot completely, it get stuck at the RED M, i tried to hard reset it (vol up + vol down + power), it shows the options, but whatever option I select, it again stuck at the frustrating RED M.

Thanks

you think you can select an (option) and boot normally! you've to FXZ "it means to flash it with stock rom and restore everything to factory state"
please follow this instructions carefully to FXZ and solve your problem: ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51535999&postcount=8

mkataria

May 10, 2014

Soft bricks can be fixed by flashing your phones stock firmware via rsdlite. This process is often called FXZ. Whether you can be successful depends on the answers to my questions above.

Hi,

Do you ever see the Motorola boot logo? - Yes, always! It start with the RED M, then the RED M with waves appear, and it stuck here.
What did you do to get it in this condition? - I don't know. I guess I charged it with a non-motorola charger (Micro max). But the same charger was working for me for last 2-3 years.

I am trying to FXZ (following Marvel's post), hoping to go it good.

Cheers

mkataria

May 10, 2014
you think you can select an (option) and boot normally! you've to FXZ "it means to flash it with stock rom and restore everything to factory state"

I tried following steps provided in this URL. BUT while performing this step....
>>Enter Fast-boot mode by pressing (volume up+ volume down + power button) at the same time..the phone will turn on with a menu...press volume down to move the selector to (AB Fast boot) then press volume up to enter that mode.

>>you now should see "Battery OK"
But my problem is even the Fast boot menu option doesn't show the "Battery OK", it always shows up the RED M! And because of this , I can't proceed for the further steps.

Please help.

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
I tried following steps provided in this URL. BUT while performing this step....

But my problem is even the Fast boot menu option doesn't show the "Battery OK", it always shows up the RED M! And because of this , I can't proceed for the further steps.

Please help.

can you please explain when you set the selector to (AP fast boot) and press the "volume up" to enter it...what exactly happen? it restarts? or just came up with that M logo? or say battery fail

panchalgl

Jan 6, 2013
Stuck at RED M, FXZ not working

Even after FXZ showing "PASS" in booting phone stuck at vibrating M.
Please Help.
Any other procedure other than FXZ.

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
Please Help.

come on guys...read read read please :( FXZ is NOT a menu that you'll enter then bang! problem solved!!

Enter the "Flash menu" then connect your device to the computer and follow the steps provided below:

you're welcome to ask but please Search how to solve the problem first....I've spent a whole day only learning how to do that right from threads,comments, videos...etc
Trust me, it's worth to learn by yourself new things with android such as flashing,ROMs, Kernel, Root...etc :eek:

Reactions: noranora

panchalgl

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks,
I have already followed the same procedure for flashing by searching the forum but it doesn't resolve the problem and that is why I have requested for help, If by any other method this problem can be solved.

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
Thanks,
I have already followed the same procedure for flashing by searching the forum but it doesn't resolve the problem and that is why I have requested for help, If by any other method this problem can be solved.

unfortunately No, FXZ is the only method to solve hard brick problem...you've only to do it right to bring your phone back to live.

panchalgl

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks for support.
I have solved the problem by wiping the user data with the help of moto-fastboot.exe.
using command - moto-fastboot -w and rebooting - moto-fastboot reboot.

Reactions: رامز

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi XDA,

Thanks

Please help.

can you please explain when you set the selector to (AP fast boot) and press the "volume up" to enter it...what exactly happen? it restarts? or just came up with that M logo? or say battery fail
    XDA rocks! I was able to recover my fone.

Thanks All!

Cheers

Congrats ;) please share the way you solve it to help other members and mark your thread as [Solved].
    Please Help.

come on guys...read read read please :( FXZ is NOT a menu that you'll enter then bang! problem solved!!

Enter the "Flash menu" then connect your device to the computer and follow the steps provided below:

you're welcome to ask but please Search how to solve the problem first....I've spent a whole day only learning how to do that right from threads,comments, videos...etc
    Trust me, it's worth to learn by yourself new things with android such as flashing,ROMs, Kernel, Root...etc :eek: