[Q] Is there any way to dump stock SGP511 17.1.A.2.36 ROM to FTF?

Search This thread

OtaruM

Sep 28, 2011
chillin in Moravia
Hi all,

I've studied all 8 pages of current Q&A forum and did not found a guide or instructions on how to dump stock ROM from not-yet rooted pre-.402 BL-locked device into FTF or other flashable format (complete out of the box stock).
Everything which I've read points to PC Companion and download route, however Support Zone downloads latest version .402 in both Update and Repair scenarios. I've even tried to fool the tool with "no update "XML responses (I can provide details), but it did not work: 402 only.

I can see people posting .36 FTFs for regions other than mine, so I'm interested in the process how to make such FTF myself.
On a side note I'm well aware of SIN files, FTF files, Flashtool and adb-based rooting tools like EasyRoot and Community_RootToolkit.
At this point I'm not planning to unlock bootloader and loose TA, least intrusive safest backup of ROM is what I want.

I'm not a complete noob and did a week of web digging for possible approaches, so please no bashing :)

Thanks in advance.

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011

OtaruM

Sep 28, 2011
chillin in Moravia
Please don't try to BS us here!!

"A week"... pfffff....

If you simply put "make ftf" in the Google search box, the FIRST result is this here:

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/development/noobs-guide-create-stock-firmware-ftf-t2188129

And you try to tell us something about "a week"... man...

OK, I was ready for some hostility here. I'm not sure what's your problem man, but if you have nothing useful or constructive to say, please say nothing. I've seen you posts on other threads with the same attitude but with zero useful info.

If you'd read my post with attention then you'd see that common approach with Update Service which is now a Support Zone gives LATEST .402 firmware only. I already have it sitting on my disk. I'm interested in dumping my own tablet's current firmware which is version .36.

PS: A "week" is a week only with Z2. That's my 4th Android device among 2 HTCs and 1 Samsung, so please cut the BS about not doing a decent research.

Reactions: RoberM

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Why do you want to dump the .36 firmware?

I don't see any use for that. There is nothing you could wish to do with the tablet that requires .36 instead of .402.

If you want to be able to restore to factory state (e.g. for warranty purposes), then .402 is perfectly fine. There simply is no need for the .36 anymore.

OtaruM

Sep 28, 2011
chillin in Moravia
I usually make a snapshots of the devices to have a possibility to restore them to the exact state they came from the shop.

Regarding this specific case, I want to preserve root exploits in .36 which were fixed in .402. Also, I'm quite happy with .36 firmware since there's no issues for me, so I do not see much sense in upgrading to .402.
BTW, are there any obvious reasons to go .402?

stagester

Oct 23, 2014
Yes, I know, TowelRoot should work on .402. As I've stated earlier I'm quite happy with .36 so it is a good idea to have both possibilities to flash: .36 and .402 in case I would not be happy with .402.

Personally I think that what you are trying to do is a very smart move as I have an experia m2 that came with 4.3 and everything worked great with it. I then made the mistake of falling for the "you have an update", updated to 4.4 and hate it. Its caused nothing but problems with most of my software that I have come to love. When I use pc companion to flash it just installs the latest software (4.4). If only I had made a ftf of my factory rom :(
Good luck!!!

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-m2/general/want-to-downgrade-m2-d2303-4-4-to-4-3-t2916943

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please don't try to BS us here!!

"A week"... pfffff....

If you simply put "make ftf" in the Google search box, the FIRST result is this here:

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/development/noobs-guide-create-stock-firmware-ftf-t2188129

And you try to tell us something about "a week"... man...

OK, I was ready for some hostility here. I'm not sure what's your problem man, but if you have nothing useful or constructive to say, please say nothing. I've seen you posts on other threads with the same attitude but with zero useful info.

If you'd read my post with attention then you'd see that common approach with Update Service which is now a Support Zone gives LATEST .402 firmware only. I already have it sitting on my disk. I'm interested in dumping my own tablet's current firmware which is version .36.

PS: A "week" is a week only with Z2. That's my 4th Android device among 2 HTCs and 1 Samsung, so please cut the BS about not doing a decent research.