[ROM][SPH-D710][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 Official Nightly Builds

Search This thread

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks very much. Take your time. You're basically the main reason I don't go out and buy an iPhone! hahaha but seriously stay awesome.

Appreciate the thanks!

I personally don't give ETA's because then people expect me to make that date and if I don't I'll get flack about it, or I'd rush the job to meet the ETA, which I hate cause then I'd be releasing sloppy work.

Linux guy

Oct 23, 2012
Tucson
Appreciate the thanks!

I personally don't give ETA's because then people expect me to make that date and if I don't I'll get flack about it, or I'd rush the job to meet the ETA, which I hate cause then I'd be releasing sloppy work.
I know what its like. Just the fact that this device is on your mind is actually pretty awesome. Take care and Happy Chinese new year everyone!

Reactions: kvevand63

theclarkster

Jul 23, 2009
Dastin, you are awesome! Good to know there are still a few of us still hanging around here. Your work is amazing, and I'm rooting for you on the CM12 adventures. Keep up the good work!

shar88

Jun 14, 2014
Yep. It starts around the beginning of December. I've had the same exact issues. The stock messaging app is broken or its something to do with apns. I've been using textra, suggested by another user, and setting the apns in the app. That works fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Free mobile app

So is the stock messaging app now unsupported? I just tried the 2/22 nightly and stock messaging app is still not working.

Also, is cm11 still on for a m13?

Reactions: dilinger1111

ttakacs

Mar 16, 2008
AFAIK, 4g works only with CM11. Is there a way to flash a 4g fix to a non-CM11 ROM?

SuperGoober

Oct 7, 2013
cm12

Anyone heard whether or not Dastin ever got cm12 to boot on the epic or anything related to status ? Not trying to rush , just curious how it's coming along . thanks

Mavrikmeercat

Mar 13, 2012
Reboot recovery from the power menu is working again in latest nightlies. Didn't see any commits added for our device tree so I guess it was a cm bug. If it was one of our devs though, thanks for fixing that!

The Internet

Sep 11, 2012
Sorry I've been MIA for so long guys. Life got the better of me. I've changed jobs recently where I'm being promoted to management and I'm in the process of enlistment.

Will try to work on CM12.1 once finals are done.

Dude, you are awesome! Interested in seeing how this runs on this old beast. 5.0 ran like garbage on my devices, but on 5.1.x my devices have run better than they ever have. Thanks again and good luck with your finals.

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
Sorry I've been MIA for so long guys. Life got the better of me. I've changed jobs recently where I'm being promoted to management and I'm in the process of enlistment.

Will try to work on CM12.1 once finals are done.

It's been a while since I've had an E4GT in my possession but I'd love to see CM12.1 bring some new life back to the community and the users that may remain. I'd probably have to pick another one up since they are so cheap just to try it for myself.

kozmo2k4

System partition

Is anyone else running out of space on the system partition? Currently on 20150330 nightly, ready to flash 20150510.
Right now I have 26.9MB free, out of 528MB in system partition. More and more apps are now complaining "Insufficient space on the device" during Play Store updates.
Yet I have 221MB out of 2.11GB free on the data (internal) partition for apps.
I did wipe cache and dalvik in recovery, but didn't help.
Any suggestions?

kvevand63

Nov 28, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
Is anyone else running out of space on the system partition? Currently on 20150330 nightly, ready to flash 20150510.
Right now I have 26.9MB free, out of 528MB in system partition. More and more apps are now complaining "Insufficient space on the device" during Play Store updates.
Yet I have 221MB out of 2.11GB free on the data (internal) partition for apps.
I did wipe cache and dalvik in recovery, but didn't help.
Any suggestions?
Hard to determine with the info you provided. Which Gapps are you using? Have you tried moving some of your system apps to data? Search Google for which pre-installed apks are safe to remove. Any audio mods installed? They can take up system space. Regarding Gapps, have you tried a smaller package? Lot of ways to free up space. But before you try all the above, sign out of Google from settings. Clear cache and data from Play store and Google Framework. Reboot. Sign back in to Google. This method has worked for me in the past. Good luck!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
200MB free in /data is way too low. u want 500MB free there. free up space or repartition your phone. this is not a repartitioning thread, so google.

Reactions: kvevand63

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/D710_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 11 to your Epic 4G Touch, or coming from another ROM:
    - Copy GApps and CM 11 zip's to your internal SD Card
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Make sure you're not running a JB modem
    - Boot into recovery
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Flash CM 11 zip from internal SD Card
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SD Card
    - Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11:
    - Copy CM 11 zip to your internal SD Card
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash CM11 zip from internal SD Card
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy 4.4.4 GApps and CM 11 zip's to your SD Card
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash CM 11 zip from internal SD Card
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SD Card
    - Reboot

CM 11 official nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d710

Google Apps:
    https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip/

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-11.0,n,z
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/d710/next

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work:

Thanks to all donators!
    An update for you guys. I've got CM12 compiling to completion now for the d710, so now I'm on to seeing if it will boot. If it does then I'll begin the process of fixing what I'm able to test for and once that's complete I'll be releasing a build for you guys to play around with and let me know how functionality works for stuff I can't test
    Thanks very much. Take your time. You're basically the main reason I don't go out and buy an iPhone! hahaha but seriously stay awesome.

Appreciate the thanks!

You are right, it does not boot past the SGS2 splash screen. Reboots back into recovery, however it is CM recovery and unable to nandroid restore or flash ROM, as signature verification fails. Had to one-click Odin to install Agats recovery, flash Lanchons kernel for recovery to restore nandroid. Do appreciate your continued support and efforts for the D710. If it was not for you, we would not have CM11 on our device. Will continue experimenting with CM12.1 zip. Thank you Dastin1015, you are the best!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The d710 community is what keeps me going. You guys rock and have been the most supportive and helpful community I've worked with next to the CDMA HTC Hero and I've worked with roughly 8 or so devices.
    Here is a test build for you guys with some updated WiMAX 4G changes. Credit goes to @bbelos and Matt Merhar for work on the epicmtd.

http://d-h.st/CAp