[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread
S

stritfajt

ah.... speaking in secret code now are we?

or....

speaking in tongues? LoL :)

Nah, my girlfriend is Bosnian so I just felt like practising my skills in the south slavic languages. :)

It just says that this week is quite busy but that there'll be a new version some time next week probably.

vanti

Sep 9, 2009
Nice to see this. I recently got my new Galaxy Nexus but I will definately keep an eye on this. I can't help myself. I have to see how far that little Hero can go :)

Tried alpha 4 and it was slow but with optimizations and hardware accel it could get really usable :)

S

stritfajt

I've been doing some work today. Might release next version sooner than i previously thought. I've made dkelley's list of bugs a bit shorter now:

- data connection stability - Fixed
- wifi connection stability - Fixed
- market download capability - Not Fixed. I believe this is a kernel problem, I've contacted Riemer about it to see if he can make a fix in his kernel. Otherwise, I'll have to take a look at it myself at some time.
- location from data and wifi triangulation - Don't know. Maps say I should activate something in the settings wich I could not find. I never use gps anyways.
- location from gps - Same as above.
- settings that don't popup correctly like the timezone chooser - Fixed
- remaining sound issues (for example, wired headset doesn't appear to make sound if I remember correctly from a week ago when I tried it) - Not Fixed
- stock keyboard in portrait mode - Fixed
- ringtone/notifciation sound choices seem to mostly not work but I've read of some people having this work at least a bit - Not fixed. Some of them seem to work though.
- data connectivity indicator - Fixed.
- wifi connectivity indicator is always dark like there is no signal - Not Fixed.
- alarms are really really quiet (but do work if you can hear them!) and have similar alarm sound chooser issues (many don't work) - Not Fixed
- cool new gallery thumbnail display issues and possibly other issues - Not Fixed
- speed (in the ways that we probably can improve it - like filesystem read/write access and sd access etc). - Not Fixed.
- camera (low priority, just asking, camera apps likely aren't aware of hero's camera hardware and there is no stock camera app included in the rom) - Not Fixed

Most of the fixes are stuff that the CDMA guys fixed, that's why I've been making progress faster than i thought.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
I've been doing some work today. Might release next version sooner than i previously thought. I've made dkelley's list of bugs a bit shorter now:

- data connection stability - Fixed
- wifi connection stability - Fixed
- market download capability - Not Fixed. I believe this is a kernel problem, I've contacted Riemer about it to see if he can make a fix in his kernel. Otherwise, I'll have to take a look at it myself at some time.
- location from data and wifi triangulation - Don't know. Maps say I should activate something in the settings wich I could not find. I never use gps anyways.
- location from gps - Same as above.
- settings that don't popup correctly like the timezone chooser - Fixed
- remaining sound issues (for example, wired headset doesn't appear to make sound if I remember correctly from a week ago when I tried it) - Not Fixed
- stock keyboard in portrait mode - Fixed
- ringtone/notifciation sound choices seem to mostly not work but I've read of some people having this work at least a bit - Not fixed. Some of them seem to work though.
- data connectivity indicator - Fixed.
- wifi connectivity indicator is always dark like there is no signal - Not Fixed.
- alarms are really really quiet (but do work if you can hear them!) and have similar alarm sound chooser issues (many don't work) - Not Fixed
- cool new gallery thumbnail display issues and possibly other issues - Not Fixed
- speed (in the ways that we probably can improve it - like filesystem read/write access and sd access etc). - Not Fixed.
- camera (low priority, just asking, camera apps likely aren't aware of hero's camera hardware and there is no stock camera app included in the rom) - Not Fixed

Most of the fixes are stuff that the CDMA guys fixed, that's why I've been making progress faster than i thought.

very cool to see my list shortened! odd about gps/location not working since there is a fix for that in cdma forum. oh actually I understand why that doesn't help you - the fix is the standard "port this cdma rom to gsm" thing that is needed - finding and pushing the gsm hero gps hardware driver into the rom. That is what I tried but failed at - but I think it's very likely that I just pushed the file incorrectly.

one would think that if the cdma hero's gb gps driver works with their rom, that our gsm hero's gp gps driver would work with our rom. so maybe someone with more experience at that stuff than I have could try that and see if it does the job.

cheers

S

stritfajt

very cool to see my list shortened! odd about gps/location not working since there is a fix for that in cdma forum. oh actually I understand why that doesn't help you - the fix is the standard "port this cdma rom to gsm" thing that is needed - finding and pushing the gsm hero gps hardware driver into the rom. That is what I tried but failed at - but I think it's very likely that I just pushed the file incorrectly.

one would think that if the cdma hero's gb gps driver works with their rom, that our gsm hero's gp gps driver would work with our rom. so maybe someone with more experience at that stuff than I have could try that and see if it does the job.

cheers

Actually, I think that the GPS is fine. Maps just tell me that I should enable "My places in system settings blah blah" and I didn't have the time to find that setting/look in to it further. I never use maps anyways.

You could try it out if you want, I'm out for tonight: http://www.mediafire.com/?sl9b92fg9cs930s

Install maps via adb or something. :)

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
Actually, I think that the GPS is fine. Maps just tell me that I should enable "My places in system settings blah blah" and I didn't have the time to find that setting/look in to it further. I never use maps anyways.

You could try it out if you want, I'm out for tonight: http://www.mediafire.com/?sl9b92fg9cs930s

Install maps via adb or something. :)

that would be nice, but requires gps.hero.so to be in system/lib/hw. it wasn't there in A4, and since it's only a gsm hero file I doubt that the cdma folks would have added it themselves in their latest version either. But if one of us can push it in and see if it works, that would be cool.

I tried in a4 and it didn't work but as I mentioned I may have done it wrong :). I used the one from decked and maybe that's not the best one to use in this rom... or maybe there's more to it than just copying the file into the rom and setting the permissions the same as the other files in /lib/hw.

cheers
Don

S

stritfajt

that would be nice, but requires gps.hero.so to be in system/lib/hw. it wasn't there in A4, and since it's only a gsm hero file I doubt that the cdma folks would have added it themselves in their latest version either. But if one of us can push it in and see if it works, that would be cool.

I tried in a4 and it didn't work but as I mentioned I may have done it wrong :). I used the one from decked and maybe that's not the best one to use in this rom... or maybe there's more to it than just copying the file into the rom and setting the permissions the same as the other files in /lib/hw.

cheers
Don

I think I was being unclear. That link is the latest alpha I built on my computer, but now that you say it, it doesn't have gps.hero.so either. I will look into how to build that lib. :)

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010

cheers
Don

The way the libs work is different from GB and Froyo. GB and Froyo are alike. that was mostly copy paste work. And it worked. Sort off.... But we just need to do it like back when Froyo was just released and we needed to get that working :p

jaybob413

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2007
I think I was being unclear. That link is the latest alpha I built on my computer, but now that you say it, it doesn't have gps.hero.so either. I will look into how to build that lib. :)

You need to add the hardware/gpsshim project to your build if you haven't already. I found this on the HeroC build, but just realized in conversation with MongooseHelix that I had not added it to the manifest.

S

stritfajt

when you do, could you please post it with any new changes you've made on the front page of your thread here with a name other than alpha4? like alpha 4b or 4.1 or alpha 5 or something?

I'm confused since I think you've done new work but still see the old alpha 4 as your only top post download.

cheers
Don

I did post a test ROM in the thread, but I didn't have time to see if it even booted so I didn't want to post it on the front page. I'll make sure to post an update on the front page as soon as I get some time for more veleoping and testing! :)

dusturn

Dec 9, 2009
Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.

Reactions: Tenpin and kirilliz

kirilliz

Mar 26, 2010
Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

qft ;)

many thaks to the people trieng to get this working! would help but I´m don´t know anyting about it, but know that i greatly apreciate your efforts :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)