Battery icon blinking

Search This thread

Aircondition

Dec 10, 2011
I'm using latest XWLPX firmware and it have been working fine and now suddenly the battery icon keeps flashing, I can't see any battery stats, the battery percentage dont go down and when I reboot my phone it drops from 80% to less than 20%. When the phone is turned off a battery is shown indicating how much battery percentage is left and some seconds later it disappears and it appears again, over and over. Is the battery damaged? I've tried to unplug battery, wipe cache and wiping battery stats. Yesterday I used my phone when it was raining just to see when the bus arrived but I dont think just using it in the rain for a short time will damage it. Shall I try to re-flash in Odin?

Omaxe

Jul 18, 2012
Patiala
I recommend you to reflash rom and then try better battery stats...

Cuz ur observation says its not Hardware problem

Peace
Hit Thanks & It will Disappear
Sent from S II Running Official ICS 4.0.4 with Siyah 4.1 [/size]

koooowweeee

Feb 7, 2011
ive got the same problem

ive reflashed and problem stays

i was on neatrom themed when it started and now im on neatrom not themed and its still doing it.

not tried a full wipe.

its been going on about 3 weeks and its not affected the phone at all

Omaxe

Jul 18, 2012
Patiala
Have you tried changing battery?

Edit: if yes then it seems to hardware problem.

Peace
Hit Thanks & It will Disappear
Sent from S II Running Official ICS 4.0.4 with Siyah 4.1 [/size]

Aircondition

Dec 10, 2011
Really strange, the flashing battery symbol has to mean something. I also noticed if I plugin USB charger and remove it, then try to disable "USB debugging" in settings I'll get a "USB is connected. Remove the cable." error message. I just restarted my phone too see if I could get rid of it but I still can't disable it and now my battery dropped to 12% it was almost fully charged?! And the icon keeps flashing. When I turn it off again by pressing the power button the battery screen appears and disappears over and over again like I said it first post. It's the screen you normally get when you connect the AC adapter to your phone indicating how much it's charged. It shouldn't appear if you dont have USB or AC adapter connected. It's impossible to turn on the phone, when I hold in the power button for some time the battery screen disappears. Then I try to power it on but instead the battery screen appears again without booting my phone. Only way to get in is to start recovery mode and select reboot phone. Gonna try to re-flash with Odin but seems to be more a hardware issue.

update: re-flashed and the problem persists...

Last edited:

Aircondition

Dec 10, 2011
I just flashed CM9 and almost all the time even when I'm not charging I get a battery with a charging icon on it. Here is a picture of the strange battery drain:

kb9myq.png

MomsDear

Jun 4, 2012
Gujrat
I'm using latest XWLPX firmware and it have been working fine and now suddenly the battery icon keeps flashing, I can't see any battery stats, the battery percentage dont go down and when I reboot my phone it drops from 80% to less than 20%. When the phone is turned off a battery is shown indicating how much battery percentage is left and some seconds later it disappears and it appears again, over and over. Is the battery damaged? I've tried to unplug battery, wipe cache and wiping battery stats. Yesterday I used my phone when it was raining just to see when the bus arrived but I dont think just using it in the rain for a short time will damage it. Shall I try to re-flash in Odin?

Hy I seems to be a known issue to me...I faced this issue some days ago...
U should clean ur phone's charging port.
I hope it will resolve the issue...:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

sebnap

Dec 23, 2012
Hy I seems to be a known issue to me...I faced this issue some days ago...
U should clean ur phone's charging port.
I hope it will resolve the issue...:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

I have exactly the same problem, and I also disassembled the back and searched for the issue. Cleaned the connector with some white gas and compressed air, but it didn't helped at all.

Did anybody fix this issue?

EDIT: found bigger thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1216163

Last edited: