S4 i9500 softbrick

Search This thread

shivpiper95

May 16, 2014
hyderabad
Hi people i really need insight on this... i have a rooted S4 and i tried flashing CWM recovery using Odin 3.09.
Now the device wont boot, and gets stuck on the 'Samsung galaxy S4' screen. recovery mode is also not accessible!! what do i doo
thanks in advance...
:(

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
So you flashed CWM true Odin when in the download mode.

But now you can't enter download mode?

What CMW did you try to flash?

Remember Me?

Dec 28, 2013
Reactions: shivpiper95

shivpiper95

May 16, 2014
hyderabad
both the download mode and recovery mode button combinations are not working
3 days back i sent the device to a local repair store and he says there's something wrong with the boot files(a clue?)

read this
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/general/ref-usb-jig-faq-frequently-questions-t1402286

nd in the meantime until the jig arrives... What do i do??

nothing,wait usbjig

What're the chances of the jig working?

50-50 :D
and what if the USBjig doesn't work??:crying:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Telling us the excact steps you took. What options you selected in Odin. What version you tried to install of cwm. More details.

shivpiper95

May 16, 2014
hyderabad
Telling us the excact steps you took. What options you selected in Odin. What version you tried to install of cwm. More details.

i rooted the device first. PDA .tar file and booom the device is rooted and well.
then i see this guide which has a .tar file for CWM (i cant remember the version) its my friend's laptop and i do the same thing which i did for rooting, only thing that the device wont boot.

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
i rooted the device first. PDA .tar file and booom the device is rooted and well.
then i see this guide which has a .tar file for CWM (i cant remember the version) its my friend's laptop and i do the same thing which i did for rooting, only thing that the device wont boot.

These are no details. Where is that guide? In what section of Odin did you put it. What options did you select in Odin etc etc etc.

shivpiper95

May 16, 2014
hyderabad
So I used the jig and flashed 4.2.2 stock firmware :D
Jig worked like a charm. Thanks a million guys!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts