Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Search This thread

animal_he

Jan 5, 2012
How can i improve my internal memory?
is that improve after i upgrade my ROM?
and how can i upgrade my ROM?
Sorry im still noob

Some custom roms have removed few softwares like Swype or like that hence they take less memory and you can get little more internal storage.

You can't extend your internal memory.

But you can make your sd card work like internal memory.

For that you have to root your phone and install Link2sd or App2sd software.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Hi

I have an Ace with 2.3.4 Android version and S5830DXKPD Baseband version. I'm planning on upgrading to 2.3.6. Anyone has feedback on Ace running on 2.3.6? My device has delays and lags on applications and I'm hoping that upgrading it will fix the issue so I would appreciate your responses to this post. Thanks!..

I have successfully rooted 2.3.6. xxkpp

And yes its better than previous versions.

sherif kandil

Mar 2, 2012
I have a problem

I have a samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830 and I want rom supports the Arabic language for ICS if any one can help me and give me the link to download the software I'll be grateful ... thx :)

exsquaddie

Jun 22, 2011
Bricked Ace???

Hi all,

My Galaxy Ace is stuck on the Samsung splash screen on start up.

My phone is rooted and I can access the cwm recovery screen, I can also access they firmware download screen (volume down, home and power button).

I have tried to flash firmware with Odin, but Odin stops at device connection.

Is there anyway to recover via cwm recovery mode?

Or do I have a bricked phone???

Any ideas??

Many thanks in advance.

UserU

Mar 25, 2012
Hey, did anyone here experience the dreaded "Insufficient space on the device" when it comes to updating/ downloading apps? My phone is running on Cyanogenmod 9 beta 5.

Ever since the Google Play replaced the Market, this problem was back. Even the MarketFix couldn't save it.

I've tried clearing Dalvik cache, wiping cache but they didn't work. Any suggestions to override this problem?

ammubarak

Dec 31, 2011
Safwa, Saudi Arabia
Hey, did anyone here experience the dreaded "Insufficient space on the device" when it comes to updating/ downloading apps? My phone is running on Cyanogenmod 9 beta 5.

Ever since the Google Play replaced the Market, this problem was back. Even the MarketFix couldn't save it.

I've tried clearing Dalvik cache, wiping cache but they didn't work. Any suggestions to override this problem?

There is no enough memory room to add many applications under this version ROM as the ability to move applications to sdcard is limited.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

ammubarak

Dec 31, 2011
Safwa, Saudi Arabia
Hi all,

My phone is rooted and I can access the cwm recovery screen, I can also access they firmware download screen (volume down, home and power button).

Any ideas??

Many thanks in advance.

If you can access the recovery cwm mode, your device is OK. Just flash your desired ROM and reboot.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

rajadiraja

Mar 26, 2012
Mumbai
Flash a new custom ROM or restore with cwm recovery!!

Hi all,

Any ideas??

Many thanks in advance.

If you are a using a stock firmware and want to stay with it, you better restore a previous backup using CWM....
And if you dont have any backups,you may get the backup files of ur frnd's phone, copy them onto ur SD card,n then restore...
Or the final choice,flash a new custom ROM(CM is btr;)

koolprabal

Mar 29, 2012
chandigarh
cm7 power button disconnects call

hi everyone, i switched over to cm7 on my galaxy ace a week ago. Its very frustrating that the power button ends the call, i always disabled the proximity sensor in stock firmware and kinda used to that.

everytime i try to turn the screen off in a call, it actually ends the call. There is no option in accessibility settings to prevent power button from ending the call.

I also downloaded an app phone settings manager and that too has no effect.

please help! thanks in advance

Attachments

• screenshot-1333046856554.png
    screenshot-1333046856554.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 173
  • screenshot-1333046883503.png
    screenshot-1333046883503.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 192

simplifieden

Aug 25, 2011
katni,madhya pradesh
usb malfuntioned.."not recognized"

hello people..

i was using infinity 7.2 by nims and suddenly from few days am facing one hell of a problem..

when i connect my SGA using cable with pc it say tht the usb is malfunctioned"usb not recognized"..
i,ve tried on many pc,s but same problem exist..!!
it started showin chargin and even when i unplug the cable it still keeps on showin charging..
i tired goin in to download mode n flash stock but same message is appearing again n again..!!:eek:
when i plug in charger..about phone status says charging(usb)..
and a serious problem tht when i push the power button to switch on my device..screen gets on n it shows a battery sign,vibrates n screen goes off again..i cnt switch on my phone..!!:confused:

so i go into recovery n push reboot system now,only then my phone switched on..!!

am not really getting any clue as what is happening..!!
i,ve tried every thing..all wipes and even formatting everything too via recovery..!!

please help..
i,ll be gratefull..!!

Last edited:

maksharma231

Jan 3, 2012
hi guys. i am using jusada's ice cream Sunday final rom and have had no issues till date, super smooth and great ...waiting for cm9

simplifieden

Aug 25, 2011
katni,madhya pradesh
hey, im a newb at this but try using a different battery once or take it to the service centre?
yeah brother..

thanks but my battery seems to be absolutely fine..
only solution is service centre but my real problem is tht am runnin on cm7.2 n cnt flash stock before takin it to service centre as my phone is still in warranty period but serivice will reject its warranty seeing cynogenmod in it..!!

koolprabal

Mar 29, 2012
chandigarh
Then u can flash the stock rom and take it to service centre. By the way if u get to know how to flash stock rom back please post a link here or tell me how to do it :)

hope ur problem gets fixed soon

noob_1

Mar 29, 2012
CM9

Does anyone here know, why SGA is not officially supported in CM9? Except camera, Bluetooth and few remaining bugs, it works perfect.

simplifieden

Aug 25, 2011
katni,madhya pradesh
Then u can flash the stock rom and take it to service centre. By the way if u get to know how to flash stock rom back please post a link here or tell me how to do it :)

hope ur problem gets fixed soon
hey brother thanks for the concern..

but actually tht,s my biggest problem..i cnt my device to the pc..!!

n i,ve tried everything which i learned over here..!!
i mean all software related stuff but seems like am havin a hardware problem..which isn't getting solved and only solution is service centre but as you know am not on stock so they will reject my device..!!

anyways!
thanks again..!!

koolprabal

Mar 29, 2012
chandigarh
hey brother thanks for the concern..

but actually tht,s my biggest problem..i cnt my device to the pc..!!

n i,ve tried everything which i learned over here..!!
i mean all software related stuff but seems like am havin a hardware problem..which isn't getting solved and only solution is service centre but as you know am not on stock so they will reject my device..!!

anyways!
thanks again..!!

Oh yeah rooting voids your warranty but i think even if u take the rooted phone to service centre which has problems, they fix it for u. only thing is they dont fix it for free (they would fix for free in case u had warranty). u could give it a try, go to service centre once =]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

As of now we don't have any separate section for Galaxy Ace
    So I am starting this thread, so All queries/information related to device are consolidated at one place.

Root
    Rooting Ace is easy. SuperOneCLick v1.6.5 can be used to root device
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
    Tested by myself, confirmed by few others as well.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957653

IMP - As pointed by Many : Please reboot after rooting to complete the process

Recovery/Download Mode
    Recovery Mode : Home + Power Button
    Download Mode : Home + Vol Dn + Power Button

Firmwares
    As usual latest firmwares can be downloaded from SamFirmwares
    www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s5830.htm

UPDATE : SamFirmware has just posted a Leaked Gingerbread ROM (2.3.3) For the ACE

Please note that its a leaked ROM so may not be a daily driver for most of you and yes usual disclaimer applies here too

Get it here
    Password : samfirmware.com (All credits to them)
    Okay - I haven't got all that much done since my last update, due to some bad luck and a lack of time.

I have decided to release it this morning (I'm currently in the US, working), and over the course of the next 7 days, expect to see updates for some of the features I said I'd be working on, along with (hopefully) CWM and a custom kernel which will add all the features your phones are lacking!

So, in summary, a beta version, which doesn't differ HUGELY from stock, will be released today - definitely.
    guyz any1 working on galaxy ace rom...or kernel..???

I'm working on a 2.3.3 ROM - which will be released shortly. Once released, I'll be looking at adding 2.3.4 changes (namely Google Talk with video/audio chat).

I was hoping to release today, but then I encountered the Wifi/SDHC issue. Anyone heard of a fix for that, or at least the cause? Otherwise I will be starting from scratch in locating the issue.
    One thing at a time! :)

I'm just trying to develop a base I am comfortable with for now. Please don't expect the world from day one. That being said, I will be putting a significant amount of time into this rom over the next few weeks, so it will definitely improve over time.

I've just wasted the last couple of hours messing around with the ramdisk attempting to implement custom bootanimation functionality. Unfortunately I haven't yet got it working, so I think I'll take the rest of the evening off and pick this up again in the morning!

Some small ideas of what's been done so far:

- De-odexed build (improving system space)
    - 2 tweaks which increase free memory
    - Annoying 'OHAI THE BATTERY IS FULL ALERT' removed via smali - no more audio notification or screen on to say OHAI, meaning no more 3am wake ups.
    - Menu key will now unlock phone on lock screen
    - Removed some bloatware

Now.. I was going to use the STOCK gingerbread launcher, rather than the touchwiz launcher... but I'd like people's opinions on that. I could easily make a batch file which would swap them back to original.

Tomorrow my initial plans will be:

- Have another go at implementing custom bootanimation support (had a lot of bad luck with it today)
    - Add 'Reboot to Recovery', 'Reboot to Download Mode' and 'Reboot' to the power menu

AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE, I will then start looking into:

- Custom OC/UV kernel
    - Porting ClockworkMod or creating my own recovery image
    - More significant changes and rom work

Anyway - again... please don't expect the miracle ROM you've been waiting for since day one. Consider this a stable, solid base for changes to follow! :)

RE: People asking about TW4... I'm not going to be looking at that for a few days, so I'm not qualified to give you an answer!

Anyway.. I'll be in here again tomorrow keeping you updated. I expect to have something out by 5pm GMT. :)
    TUTORIAL

Who wants to change battery icon and status bar layout, there is a great solution...

Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ ....

My tutorial is just for GINGERBREAD 2.3.3, so KP8, KP9, KPB and KPE....

NO ROOT OR DEODEX NEEDED....

EDIT:
    Thanks to user xdajohn we know, that tutorial works for FROYO too... maybe rename of UOT.zip file to update.zip will be needed....

1) After you check what you want (don't forget press "Generate Preview") on the tab "FILE UPLOAD" you have to upload "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" which you can download here: http://goo.gl/l3NNW

2) On the tab "SUMMARY" press "SUBMIT WORK TO KITCHEN"

PS: "Boot animation" is not compatible with HVGA resolution..! Also Emoticons and Glowing...Maybe later...

3) After that you will get name for .zip file with your customization on the page http://uot.dakra.lt/pickup/
    Generating .zip file can take of 5min to 30min
    example of .zip file name: "UOT-05-13-04-27-1"

3) after you get .zip file you have to replace in this zip file "update-binary" (use only Winrar ..!) file location is "META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary" you have to download new file here and replace by this file: http://goo.gl/ptMaz

4) don't rename .zip file and copy it directly to the SD card (not at any folder)..

5) turn off phone and restart at RECOVERY MODE - middle button OK + turn ON - hold both buttons until you will see SAMSUNG on the display...

recovery mode:
    14251-DSC_008444.jpg

6) go to "apply sdcard: update.zip" and find your .zip file on the SD card
    (for navigation use volume buttons and OK button)

7) after update successes "reboot system now" and thats it...! :)

14251-SC20110513-061813.png

14251-device.png