Stuck at Splash Screen

Search This thread

billypilgrim

Nov 4, 2012
Hi,

I have a Sprint 4G LTE rooted with VIPER rom installed. Last night my phone freaked out, so I did the 10 second "battery pull" and it started up again. I plugged it into the charger and I fell asleep without much worry.

I woke up to find my phone stuck at the LTE splash screen of the VIPER rom. I've done the 10 second "battery pull" several times, and it doesn't just shut the phone off, it forces a reboot. Each time it only makes it as far as the LTE splash screen.

My experience with phones and computers is telling me that the OS might have gotten corrupt some how since it is stuck at the splash screen.

I do have access to the bootloader, so I have some paths I can go down, factory reset/recovery, but both those I'd like to avoid so that I do not lost the contents of my storage.

I have had VIPER rom installed for a good half year, so this issue isn't due to a new rom being flashed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-billypilgrim

ch@k75

Feb 6, 2014
Fort Worth
Just a thought in trying to be helpful....
I used that ROM for a while myself and never really had any issues but have had a similar situation.
I pulled my sd card out and backed it all up. Replaced SD card.
Then went into recovery and reflashed the ROM.
Worked solid after that and no explanation as to why it was corrupt/hanging in a loop.
Hope this helps..

wolfclan68

Aug 5, 2010
Chula Vista, Ca
Hi,

I have a Sprint 4G LTE rooted with VIPER rom installed. Last night my phone freaked out, so I did the 10 second "battery pull" and it started up again. I plugged it into the charger and I fell asleep without much worry.

I woke up to find my phone stuck at the LTE splash screen of the VIPER rom. I've done the 10 second "battery pull" several times, and it doesn't just shut the phone off, it forces a reboot. Each time it only makes it as far as the LTE splash screen.

My experience with phones and computers is telling me that the OS might have gotten corrupt some how since it is stuck at the splash screen.

I do have access to the bootloader, so I have some paths I can go down, factory reset/recovery, but both those I'd like to avoid so that I do not lost the contents of my storage.

I have had VIPER rom installed for a good half year, so this issue isn't due to a new rom being flashed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-billypilgrim

I have that happen several times. Nothing obvious that causes it. Cap'n is right need to wipe and re-flash. Here's the small trick since it just keeps rebooting on you, after you hold power for ten seconds and the screen blacks out. Make sure the capacitive buttons go out as well, that split second they go dark let go of the power button and press vol down and power to get it back into bootloader. Then you can get back in recovery to flash.