GMYLE(R) PU Leather Magnetic Protective Flip Folio

Search This thread

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IM81HMW

I've been trying on the various cases I bought for the S5 so here's the quick take on the Gmyle Folio case. I wanted a wallet style case for traveling light that would hold a card or two. It had to be bright enough to stand out but not too gaudy. For those reasons I chose this Black and Wasabi Green one.
Other colors combos are available. Navy Blue and Brown, Silver Gray and Red, Mint Green & Pink. There are options for the S4 and S5 so don't mistakenly get the wrong one like I almost did.

Material is a textured plastic, flexible and soft to the touch but not sticky. Cutouts line up well and buttons are accessible. Finish is decent with no loose threads or exposed edges. Magnetic flap is strong and case closes easily. The case is slightly larger than the phone on the open edges so some drop protection is expected.
Without cards it is 1.5 cm (5/8") thick. It is blacker than the photos show, but reflective as well.

IMG_20140421_152851.jpg IMG_20140421_152904.jpg

The phone holder is TPU and it is easy to insert and remove the phone. Interior is a very bright green, pretty much neon; a little brighter than I expected but not over the top since it is largely out of sight.
It has 2 card slots, enough for my ID and a credit card; while still closing well with little added thickness. Behind the cards is a wider slot for cash or whatever.

20140421_153216.jpg 20140421_153243.jpg

Overall I am happy with this case, it should fit easily in the pocket of my surf shorts for trips to the beach, or into a front pocket of jeans for a night out. If it falls apart I will let you know.

GMYLE FOLIO CASE This color combo was $6 shipped to the US in 7 days.

Edit: Sorry about the dirty mouse pad in the pics... didn't notice it.

Last edited:

Stevell

Oct 10, 2007
Ringke Delight has a twin?

This appears to be identical to the Ringke Delight which I bought on Amazon. If so you got a bargain.