[Q] Recovering my old X8

Search This thread

-FliP-

Jan 15, 2011
I found my old Xperia X8 and thought why wouldn't I try to get it running again.

Back in the day, I flashed a ROM which enabled Multitouch, and a few days later it fried my Motherboard.
Sent it to Service, they repaired it and a few days later it 'died' again.

At least that's what I thought. Now years later I've been thinking. It cannot be dead if it still vibrates now and then and if the LED is still flashing.

I went from 3 red LED flashes to constant red LED while charging, then constant yellow LED and finally it went to green LED.
However, the screen is not showing anything, so I assume it's a software issue or bootloop and need to re-flash it.
Now that I have the green LED my PC is installing drivers whenever I connect it. PCC doesn't recognize it, so I tried to boot into Flash Mode and the drivers wouldn't install.
I didn't try FlashTool yet as it won't run on the PC I am on curently, some .dll issues.

According to the information about the current state of my phone, are these signs good or bad (because I don't remember what certain LEDs mean as I didn't use that phone for years) and would it be worth flashing it? If yes, what stable Build would you recommend for my X8?

-FliP-

Jan 15, 2011
I flashed a stock firmware and tried flashing two different basebands.
I believe 06 attempted to boot once and turned off, the other baseband (a different number) is stuck on a endless bootloop without anything displayed on the screen (no logo or anything, just the background light going on and off).

Which stock ROM should I use together with a specified baseband? The model is E15i.