[GUIDE] How to get Tablet UI on KitKat

Search This thread

VTCruzer

May 23, 2013
Virgina Beach, VA
What exposed module was he using?

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk

He said it in the OP. That's what the thread is about! *facepalm* But like everyone else said, it probably won't work.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

You have blue clock and icons - indicates non-KitKat version of Android.

That's why everybody else failed.

This is possible on Android versions 4.3 and lower.

The Kit Kat roms on Kindle all have blue clock and icons. I will now proceed to send my private ninja after you :mad:

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
He said it in the OP. That's what the thread is about! *facepalm* But like everyone else said, it probably won't work.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

The Kit Kat roms on Kindle all have blue clock and icons. I will now proceed to send my private ninja after you :mad:

Jelly bean and ICS ROMs have blue clock and icons unless you are using a theme on kit kat.

This can be settled with a screenshot of the about tablet screen.

A

androvista

Sent from my air powered ceiling fan

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392298203814.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392298203814.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 419
A

androvista

Your screenshot showed android 4.4.2. Was the module used xposed tablet ui trigger?

In what nightly did this stop working?

That was the last nightly on which it worked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
Hello guys,

I have seen many people request tablet UI on the kitkat rom pages (sgt7 and fuzz). Here is a guide top do so, so that you do not big the devs who are constantly working

THIS DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

Step 1) Have xposed framework installed.
Step 2) Go to the downloads and scroll down till you see tablet ui.
Step 3) Download and install
Step 4) Reboot and enjoy!!!

If this worked for you, press the thanks button!!:D:p

Do you happen to know when this started to work or what commits were cherry picked from gerrit that caused this to work? I am working on forward porting the tablet ui back into kitkat and that info would be helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so I installed the framework (it wouldn't run correctly until I disabled "respect CM settings for root" in SuperSU settings, FYI), and downloaded the module as well as tick the box to enable it. Everything is installed and running, yet I have no tabletUI. :/

My guess is that I have to use a certain launcher, or that said launcher must have default settings? I'm using Nova Launcher and wonder if that's why it isn't working. What launcher are you using, OP?