Absolute thinnest case?

Search This thread

Hung0702

Mar 1, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Anyone know a case that's little more than a thin plastic shell? Any TPU car would be too thick. I got a Quicksand case, but it's a mm thick (digital calipers read 1.06 mm). That's still too thick. Something less than 0.5 mm and hours up to the glad would be great.

I don't need any protection, I just hate the glossy plastic. I've got a Slickwrap, but it doesn't cover the edges and looks crappy. I would consider a skin or wrap that goes as far up the sides as the gray plastic line bisecting each edge.

I don't want to paint or sand down the plastic because I'm probably going to sell this phone if there's a Nexus phone this year.

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
Anyone know a case that's little more than a thin plastic shell? Any TPU car would be too thick. I got a Quicksand case, but it's a mm thick (digital calipers read 1.06 mm). That's still too thick. Something less than 0.5 mm and hours up to the glad would be great.

I don't need any protection, I just hate the glossy plastic. I've got a Slickwrap, but it doesn't cover the edges and looks crappy. I would consider a skin or wrap that goes as far up the sides as the gray plastic line bisecting each edge.

I don't want to paint or sand down the plastic because I'm probably going to sell this phone if there's a Nexus phone this year.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAK-Cowboy...lm-For-LG-Optimus-G2-D802-LS980-/221311313237

It's exactly what you want. The grip is fantastic. The material has some weird matte/fabric finish and is the best grip case I ever had. On all phones. It adds zero bulk, trust me.

My 5 times more expensive and durably, but bulky as hell, Spigen Slim Armor is collecting dust in the drawer.

Hung0702

Mar 1, 2009
Google Pixel 6
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAK-Cowboy...lm-For-LG-Optimus-G2-D802-LS980-/221311313237

It's exactly what you want. The grip is fantastic. The material has some weird matte/fabric finish and is the best grip case I ever had. On all phones. It adds zero bulk, trust me.

My 5 times more expensive and durably, but bulky as hell, Spigen Slim Armor is collecting dust in the drawer.

I have that one. It's the one I have a measurement for.

I'm very satisfied wtih this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350973215849

It's not soft touch plastic(not tpu). But it adds little bit of grip nonetheless...

I'll give that a try. It's only a buck. Man, shipping from HK to US always takes 20 days or more.

Attachments

• 1398875392437.jpg
    1398875392437.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2,265

Hung0702

Mar 1, 2009
Google Pixel 6
I have had this one since I got my phone and i love it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FAY38QY/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Now that I am looking I really like this one too, they didn't have these when I got mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruzerlite-Bu...8876970&sr=8-2&keywords=cruzerlite+g2+verizon

I don't understand. Do you realize I'm looking for thin cases? Almost all TPU cases are going to be too thick because TPU would be too susceptible to tearing if molded so thin.

Now find me the TPU case that is susceptible to tearing due to thinness and I'll probably buy it. Like I said, protection means nothing. I just hate coming into contact with the glossy plastic.

ervman1

Jul 31, 2007

wgilles

Mar 9, 2011

m0n0t0ne

Sep 24, 2010
New York
I have had this one since I got my phone and i love it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FAY38QY/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Now that I am looking I really like this one too, they didn't have these when I got mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruzerlite-Bu...8876970&sr=8-2&keywords=cruzerlite+g2+verizon

Do they have a tmobile version, I really like this one.

thenewak

Apr 3, 2010
I don't understand. Do you realize I'm looking for thin cases? Almost all TPU cases are going to be too thick because TPU would be too susceptible to tearing if molded so thin.

Now find me the TPU case that is susceptible to tearing due to thinness and I'll probably buy it. Like I said, protection means nothing. I just hate coming into contact with the glossy plastic.

Was just trying to help, this case is very thin imo. I haven't had any issues with tearing and the glosssy back is the same reason I bought it. Why not get a skin if all you want is to cover the back.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

That price is a little ominous.....:eek:

This is a nice looking case I might order me one now.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Chaaqoti

Jul 14, 2012
Chicago,IL
How about the ringke slim case? I have that one and is thin, plus love the back, same as the nexus 5.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium HD app

carljoe

Jun 6, 2011
whats the slimmest case that also offers some screen protection? Something like the Spigen case, but a bit less bulky?

syntrix

Nov 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR

So we just need one specific for the VZW version.

I have a similar material one for my moto x and it's the best lightest protection ever! Very light weight and protects against scratches and mild bumps.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
So we just need one specific for the VZW version.

I have a similar material one for my moto x and it's the best lightest protection ever! Very light weight and protects against scratches and mild bumps.

For Verizon, just use the Incipio Feather case. That is what I have, looks just like all these posted, and is designed for the Verizon model specifically (you can even buy them in any Verizon store).

I've had my incipio feather case on since day 1. Still looks great. My phone has had a few nasty spills and never had any damage... even the case looks new. It has a soft "rubber" like coating on it, but the case itself it hard and snaps on. Never had a problem with it coming off (it is actually quite hard to come off. It also has a TINY TINY lip that when facedown, will keep the screen off the surface.

syntrix

Nov 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
For Verizon, just use the Incipio Feather case. That is what I have, looks just like all these posted, and is designed for the Verizon model specifically (you can even buy them in any Verizon store).

That's what I have, and it's slippery. It's nothing like the blue/green textured ones that we were discussing, which aren't (today) avail for the VZW version.

edit: will also add that the incipio has sharp edges at the corners. The other one is not sharp like the incipio.

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Try Body Glove skin, not a case but textured, comes in metallic, wood, carbon fiber, etc finishes. Its should be useful gor what you want/need and it covers the edges.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Red version in black LG G2 (htcmania)

M7Uczth.jpg
    8iyl6Nb.jpg
    I got one of those super slim $1 cases from HK eBay sellers. It wasn't advertised as 0.33 mm, but it is indeed very slim at 0.51 mm.
    Z5oEtOg.jpg

The lip on the front is tiny. I'm not looking for any protection, which is good because this case isn't going to provide any. Lip is maybe ~0.5 mm above glass.
    TAvNVnW.jpg

You can tell that the skin is super thin. Just look how much the power button protrudes. Keep in mind that I have a D800 but received the D802 case. I'm going to poke a hole where the rear mic hole should be.
    iSYghW0.jpg

The edge seams are protrude out too much and feel sharp so I'm going to take a precise knife and try to trim them. I'm prob not even going to use the case, but I like having the option of a nice case to use.

I'm already using an Exo skin (black leather), which I'll continue using since it actually covers the sides. The screen protrudes ~1 mm above where the skin ends, which is fine with me. It's super slick. Almost no grip if your hands are bone-dry.

Here are the (much) higher resolution pics in an imgur album. These are 10 MP or more each.
    I'm very satisfied wtih this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350973215849

It's not soft touch plastic(not tpu). But it adds little bit of grip nonetheless...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYsMeYRB0Fw
    What's the case like?

The G2 belongs to my wife so I've not really tested it out but the fit on her D802 is perfect. It has a semi matt finish so if you have dry hands it can still be slippery.

The lip around the side and top edge is minimal, just enough to cover the chrome bits but still fit securely. It only provides protection from scratches and not drops. The power button does protrude a tiny bit, I would have preferred it to be thicker on that bit to provide some protection when you put the phone down on its back.

I would definitely recommend it for the price if all you want is scratch protection. It's definitely the thinnest case I've seen, looks great (can hardly tell it's on!) and great colour options.
    I feel like I'm in the same boat with my G2 in that I don't care so much about protection as finding an alternative to the stock glossy plastic (what were they thinking?!).

They have exo skins discounted right now and I snagged a black leather for $8 including shipping. I got the one for T-Mobile and will share pics once I get it installed. Seems like a good alternative to going with a plastic case. I just wish I could see what all the colors they offered were in person because it's hard to judge online. I played it safe going black leather.

I went with the brushed black steel. Kind of looks like a G3 now: http://imgur.com/59Z2nML

Fit is perfect - wraps all the sides up to the screen. I didn't put the front ones on because I already have a screen protector. At this point the only part of the body not covered are the small gaps on the corners where the skin is cut to bend.