[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

Search This thread

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
Hi all,

Another quick update... Thanks for the donations overnight - I managed to purchase a 320Gb SATA drive this morning, put it in the RAID array and it's currently rebuilding the array onto the new drive. Only 96 minutes to go! :rolleyes:

After some more investigation, it seems that the drive is also still under warranty with Seagate (Did you know they have 5 year warranties now!) so I have to ship the drive off. In theory, I should get a replacement drive after a week or two from when they receive my drive.

When this comes back, I'll add it as a hot spare for the array - so that if a drive fails again, it will auto-rebuild onto the spare and there's no immediate risk of losing everything.

The sad part about building a home file server is that there's nowhere you can just dump 800Gb of data for a week :\

BlueAnt1958

Dec 27, 2006
Sydney
Cheap Nas Maybe

The sad part about building a home file server is that there's nowhere you can just dump 800Gb of data for a week :\[/QUOTE]

Hi CRC,
The word NAS springs to mind. I have a Dlink-323 at home with 2 x 1TB Samsung drives in a mirrored array. I use it purely for backup & piece of mind. It may not be the quickest but for the price it does the job.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
The sad part about building a home file server is that there's nowhere you can just dump 800Gb of data for a week :\

Hi CRC,
The word NAS springs to mind. I have a Dlink-323 at home with 2 x 1TB Samsung drives in a mirrored array. I use it purely for backup & piece of mind. It may not be the quickest but for the price it does the job.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I know of these, but as an unemployed student, I just don't have the funds to aquire one... 1Tb HDD's are ~$205AUD - and it's be awesome to have 3 of those in a RAID5 array giving 2Tb of storage with redundancy - but I haven't had that kind of cash since I started learning how to fly :p

The system that is hosting the HDDs is online 24/7 anyhow as it hosts my email and all that stuff - as well as being the primary point for the initial backup of all my gear before it goes to tape. Thankfully, as I used to work in IT, a lot of gear that I have is almost commercial quality with regards to reliability - so I haven't had ANY data loss in 4-5 years...

There are still areas I could improve in however... I just need some funds to do that... ie the boot drive for that system is an even older 120Gb drive - which holds the entire OS :( as you can't buy 120Gb drives anymore, I'd have to replace that with 2 x drives of the same capacity to make that redundent - and it kinda scares me when I think about it too much - as the 120Gb drive that runs everything is older than the 300Gb drive that just crashed!

leemof

May 26, 2008
hey ,thank you ,i like you rom very much,your device update software looks great ,does it have cab file?

shortyboy

Mar 8, 2006
rom is quick on fres install but after installing programs from DU,it becomes a bit sluggish.like when i hit start and scroll with the scroll wheel theres a huge lag.anyone else notice this?anyone got a fix and i tried to see if the repeat and delay settings would help but nothing.

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
rom is quick on fres install but after installing programs from DU,it becomes a bit sluggish.like when i hit start and scroll with the scroll wheel theres a huge lag.anyone else notice this?anyone got a fix and i tried to see if the repeat and delay settings would help but nothing.

Depends on what you install, any naked and big storage sure is quick after fresh flash, but if you load like I do, it gets quite slow quite quickly. what have you loaded? HTC home does that to you too.

shortyboy

Mar 8, 2006
with the same installed programs and same big storage,pdaviets build is alot faster.its weird because according to the performance charts this rom should be better.will play around with it to see if i can fix it..

rexmundi

Jun 29, 2007
Zgierz
low volume

hi!

i've noticed that after a while of using CRC's 13th the ring volume dramatically went down. I've installed WOWSR during my update but I haven't noticed low volume till this morning when I missed 5 phones

????

anyone ????

Walker Street

Nov 23, 2007
A followup on this problem. Background: I have my "Turn off backlight if device is not used for" set at 2 minutes when on battery power. I also have my "Turn off device if not used for" set at 2 minutes when on battery power.

I was on a telephone call using my bluetooth earphone (Plantronic 510) when the backlight turned off. My bluetooth connection was lost with the telephone conversation reverted to the device. I finished the call and checked my SPB Phone Suite profile and the icon changed to include an asterisk. This is an indication that the profile had been modified and the sound and vibration were turned off.

The first thing I'm going to check is why the device backlight dumped my bluetooth connection. I sure it was the backlight that did this because my device did not turn off. I may try to modifiy the settings with the backligh going off at 2 minutes and the device turning off (standby) at 5 minutes. This will make sure that I correctly identified the problem source and that the two functions don't conflict.

The second will be to determine why the asterisk continues to pop-up at inopportune times. BTW, this is also an issue on the SPB Phone Suite forum.

I think this might (hopefully) fix the problem which might be caused by a mixture of SPB backup and CRC 13:

PROBLEM 1
THIS OCCURS AFTER EVERY SOFT RESET
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight] "BatteryTimeout" becomes 7
Tentative Fix:
Change: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight] "BatteryTimeout" from Decimal 7
TO Decimal 60

PROBLEM 2
THIS OCCURS AFTER EVER SPB BACKUP
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel] becomes 1 AND
Tentative Fix:
Change: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel] from Decimal 1 to Decimal 0
Change: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight] "BatteryTimeout" from Decimal 7
TO Decimal 60

jws3

May 27, 2007
Allentown, PA
I think this might (hopefully) fix the problem which might be caused by a mixture of SPB backup and CRC 13:

PROBLEM 1
THIS OCCURS AFTER EVERY SOFT RESET
Tentative Fix:
TO Decimal 60

PROBLEM 2
THIS OCCURS AFTER EVER SPB BACKUP
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel] becomes 1 AND
Tentative Fix:
Change: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel] from Decimal 1 to Decimal 0
TO Decimal 60

Boy, this is a response to a very old message from me. BTW, my battery timeout is currently 120 (2 minutes) and LockLevel is 0. I'm using SPB Phone Suite and not using SPB Backup. Anyway, thank you for your response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release 13.5 now available.

Hi guys,

Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
    * Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
    * Fixed random silences of notifications etc.

Enjoy! :)