Themes

Search This thread

nishalbheda

Nov 25, 2011
Does anyone knows how to add Themes to a Stock ROM , like the ones which we get in some of the custom ROMS when we hover to settings
I'm trying hard to google it but no Fruit , Please someone Help me with the Concern and i'll be more then Glad

-THANKS ! :laugh:

nishalbheda

Nov 25, 2011
HKTheme doesnt support CM11 themes, you need to use CM10 themes... or themes designed for XTheme/HKTheme.

Hey thanks for the Confirmation, but my concern here is i want to use CM11 themes ; the ones which i had mentioned above with a Stock Rooted ROM , is there any way i can go ahead and do that ?:eek:

dully79

Apr 29, 2010
res/drawable
droidcandy.weebly.com
Hey thanks for the Confirmation, but my concern here is i want to use CM11 themes ; the ones which i had mentioned above with a Stock Rooted ROM , is there any way i can go ahead and do that ?:eek:

• Short answer: No.

• Long answer: Unless someone adds cm theme engine to stock rom then you cannot use them. But by doing this it stops becoming stock and becomes a custom rom, just like CM, AOKP etc.

The biggest part of cm themes is the ability to theme styles.xml, with out this your only getting half the theme (png's, some colours and a couple of other things depending on the theme). If your wanting to use cm11 themes to change your bootscreen, fonts and others then your getting even less of the theme overall as they dont work either.

You can port them to work with HKTheme (porting them to cm10 themes would be the easiest option). Even then its hit and miss whether they work or not.
You would ideally port them to XTheme to reduce the risk of HKTheme incompatibility issues.

Even then... you could only use flux for personal use as it's a paid app.

CM has actually improved a LOT since the last time i used it (2 years ago).
It use to feel like a heavily customized and bloated AOSP rom, now it feels like it's an AOSP rom with added features. Things are a lot better integrated these days.
I avoided it like the plague, now I dual boot it on my nook and it runs very well.

Hope this helps.:good:

nishalbheda

Nov 25, 2011
  • Short answer: No.

• Long answer: Unless someone adds cm theme engine to stock rom then you cannot use them. But by doing this it stops becoming stock and becomes a custom rom, just like CM, AOKP etc.

The biggest part of cm themes is the ability to theme styles.xml, with out this your only getting half the theme (png's, some colours and a couple of other things depending on the theme). If your wanting to use cm11 themes to change your bootscreen, fonts and others then your getting even less of the theme overall as they dont work either.

You can port them to work with HKTheme (porting them to cm10 themes would be the easiest option). Even then its hit and miss whether they work or not.
You would ideally port them to XTheme to reduce the risk of HKTheme incompatibility issues.

Even then... you could only use flux for personal use as it's a paid app.

CM has actually improved a LOT since the last time i used it (2 years ago).
It use to feel like a heavily customized and bloated AOSP rom, now it feels like it's an AOSP rom with added features. Things are a lot better integrated these days.
I avoided it like the plague, now I dual boot it on my nook and it runs very well.

Hope this helps.:good:

Well that was too much, it literally bounced me ? anyways thanks for your help!! ?