That Aria - she's soo racy! CM6-6.1.1-Liberty (12/17/2010)

Search This thread

ioft

Aug 14, 2010
Are you using the latest version (v6.1.0-RC1)? Some of the older versions had problems with GPS locking taking a very long time, but the new versions have fixed that issue. With v6.1.0-RC1, my GPS will lock in under 10 seconds.

Yes, the blinking icon means it's still trying to establish a lock, and yes, if it is still blinking then it's relying on cell tower or wifi to determine your location.

I can also confirm that in using RC1, my GPS locks within 10-15 seconds. Definitely check your release and make sure you are using the latest.

gilpdawg

Sep 22, 2010
I'm a noob with this stuff, but I finally took the plunge and rooted and installed this as well. Worked fantastically. Thanks for all the work to all those involved.

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
You might want to star this issue then:
http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2473
Nevermind, Psycoboy just invalidated the issue

As he should have.

You guys gave absolutely zero to go on. You absolutely have to answer every question completely, provide a logcat and any other pertinent information (in this case, who the service provider is) that might help find the problem in your bug report. With hundreds of "bugs" popping up on the bug report all of the time and most of them are just not even bugs, real bugs aren't even going to get a look if you don't give the required information.

Last edited:

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
Found a bug:

When rebooting device, the notification power widget (new feature) always comes back active. It still shows disabled in Cyanogenmod settings.
So all I do is click it twice (enable, then disable) and it goes away. I have to do this after every reboot.

There's a bug report waiting to happen.

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
I've been using cm6 since it became available. excellent ROM. thanks for all the hard work.

last few nightly builds and now with CM6 V6.1.0-RC1. I've had some issues with applications that run web servers on my aria. For example a program called "web share" that lets you access your device from your pc via a website.. i also use remote sms another program that will allow you on your pc to read and send sms text messing from your phone. both these applications use different ports, I can access the websites from the device itself. These programs only work on wifi. I am connecting to wifi without any issues, both programs display the ip address. I can over wifi connect to my pc from my aria using remote desktop client so this tells me my aria is on wifi and connecting to my lan pc's.

it's almost as if the device has a firewall and something is blocking the ports.

just a few minutes ago, I did a complete wipe and used a gmail account I normally don't use so everything is fresh, only those two apps are installed.

any suggestions on a solution or anyone else using a program like this successfully?

thanks in advance

We introduced a new kernel, and it is bound to have some security enhancements. This sounds like an insecure situation allowing this application to work in the first place. What ports/protocols does the application require?

Last edited:

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
Huh? It's pretty obvious that even you attn1 should have spotted this one! I noticed it within 15min of using the ROM. :D

This is a bug that affects all devices. The CM team is well aware of it. I am just saying I am surprised no one has filed a formal bug report.

ko0ky

Jul 11, 2007
Michigan
We introduced a new kernel, and it is bound to have some security enhancements. This sounds like an insecure situation allowing this application to work in the first place. What ports/protocols does the application require?

Thanks for the reply attn1. I honestly think I would not love this phone nearly as much if we didn't have you here helping develop and improve the custom roms.

I am trying to use android applications that use http protocol. For example.. http://nextworldmobile.com/?p=174 (there's a free version and a paid version) or search market for 'remote sms'. You can select which port you would like to use. By default this app wants to use 8080, but no matter which port I have selected I can't seem to access the aria from a pc web browser. Since a few nightly builds ago including the latest cM6 V6.1.0-RC1 it has stopped working. Almost as if a firewall is blocking the ability.

This is NOT the only application that uses HTTP protocol that I am unable to access. As of a couple nightly builds ago, I can't access any of them from my pc web browser.

Can ANYONE please try to download and install remote sms and advise me if it's working on their aria cM6 V6.1.0-RC1 build. I've cleared the caches and even setup a brand new email account so it doesn't restore my device settings.

Last edited:

thefawns

Jul 23, 2010
Hey guys im having a problem with my camera app...i just flashed to this rom, and every time I try to take a pic it force closes, any thoughts? Oh and I tried fixing permissions from rom manager but it didn't help

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

B

BelacNongaw

Hey guys im having a problem with my camera app...i just flashed to this rom, and every time I try to take a pic it force closes, any thoughts? Oh and I tried fixing permissions from rom manager but it didn't help

Settings - applications - manage applications - all - camera - clear data

Buzz25

Jul 22, 2010
Indianapolis
Is there a mirror for nightly builds of 6.1 as there was for 6.0?

Not sure. The last couple of times I checked the site for the bot, it was making nightlies but failing to update the mirrors. Thought I saw on twitter that it was going to be looked into this last weekend. I'm sure it will be back soon though.

Peowraaku

Jul 13, 2010
soo... i understand that there is a known issue with reading SIM cards. I've been setting Call Settings > Additional Settings > My Phone Number manually so MMS will display my contact picture next to my texts instead of a grey box. This gets lost with every reboot. If the SIM read back is fixed, will it correctly read my phone number from there, or is this a separate issue?

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
soo... i understand that there is a known issue with reading SIM cards. I've been setting Call Settings > Additional Settings > My Phone Number manually so MMS will display my contact picture next to my texts instead of a grey box. This gets lost with every reboot. If the SIM read back is fixed, will it correctly read my phone number from there, or is this a separate issue?

I think it's part of the same issue, and it's been nagging me for months now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 6 to your Aria(or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE/Factory reset
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Latest version: 6.1.1 Aria - 12/17/2010
    Download: update-cm-6.1.1-Liberty-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: md5 3e6b02293ce958a8c85d90eee861643a

Google Addon: MDPI-20101020
    Mirror: gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    Non-standard disclaimer:

In order to use this ROM, you must have already installed clockwork recovery. If you manage to brick your phone with this ROM from there, you are a dumbass of unimaginable proportions, and I absolve myself of any responsibility whatsoever. Further, any damage done to your phone with this software is your fault and no one else's.

READ THIS OR THE FLEAS FROM 100,000 CAMELS WILL INVADE YOUR ARMPITS
    FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ

Q. I bricked my phone/my signal sucks/my cat exploded since installing this ROM.
    A. See the Non-standard disclaimer above.

Q. Is the change log linked in post #1 comprehensive?
    A. No, sorry, it is not. The CyanogenMod project is too large and too active to do a change log style summary that would make any sense to the average user or project maintainers. Instead, it covers major points between major releases. Can can follow change detail @ http://www.twitter.com/cmsrc. This twitter account posts all github changes to the cyanogenmod github account, which is the repository for the project.

Q. I can't seem to flash the rom successfully, and my Nandroid backups don't restore.
    A. Do NOT start Clockwork recovery by powering down the phone with the USB port plugged in. Clockwork WILL NOT operate reliably that way. Power down the phone with the USB cord disconnected so that the phone powers off properly. Then start the phone by pressing and holding the vol-down button while pressing the power button to start. After diagnostics complete, you can enter Clockwork the proper way.

Q. Where is Android Market? I can't find it.
    A. Flash the google add-on linked in the download section of post #1.

Q. I lost my 3g connection after I flashed cm6, now the icon just says "H".
    A. You didn't lose 3g - the H is for HSDPA, which is enhanced 3g, sometimes referred to as 3.5g. It's a good thing, if you see an "H" where the "G" used to display - don't worry about it. Print this out for next time you head to the can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Speed_Downlink_Packet_Access

Q. How do I keep my wifi from going to sleep every time the screen shuts off?
    A. There is a hidden feature that disables wifi sleep.
    menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > wifi settings > menu (again) > advanced > Wi-Fi Sleep policy > Never > menu > Save
    However: although you can keep the wifi service from sleeping, the wifi driver will still sleep on it's own after detecting no bus activity for a period of time.

Q. Will this ROM support over or under clocking with Set CPU?
    A. The kernel has been updated to support overclocking with SetCpu

Q. I can't get flash to work. What's going on?
    A. Flash 10 is not supported by this CPU and AOSP Android does not support flash lite. Even if a hack allows installation of Flash 10, it's doubtful it will run very well.

Q. Where's the FroYo wireless hotspot?
    A. It's in there!
    menu > Wireless & networks > tethering and portable hotspot

Q. What's wrong with bluetooth? It doesn't work with my floozengadget.
    A. Nothing. All bluetooth functions have been confirmed *WORKING* with compatible devices.

Q. But my floozengadget device is bluetooth compatible. What's wrong with bluetooth?
    A. Nothing. Android AOSP bluetooth on the broadcom chipset is not compatible with every bluetooth device. Consistent compatibility issues have been noted with devices using certain parrott chipsets, certain automobiles with factory bluetooth including most Nissans, Volkswagons and an assortment of other devices and autos.

Q. Can you fix bluetooth so it will work with my floozengadget device?
    A. No.

Q. Does the FM Radio work?
    A. No, and there are no plans for FM radio support at this time.

Q. I miss HTC Sense. Can it be added to CM6?
    A. No. HTC Sense is proprietary. Further, it is more than just a launcher and add on programs.

Q. But I really really really miss Sense. Can it be added to CM6?
    A. No. And still - no. Yet - no.

Q. What's an ETA for the fixes and when will the ROM be finished?
    A. No one gets a dime for this port, and no one works on it full time. It's a work in progress and as we make any significant breakthroughs, we'll update the ROM and post it. Sometimes I take time off from the project just to be a wise ass and beat on jznomoney. I don't know how any of this answers the question, but if it conveys an urgency to meet a schedule, then I recommend reading the answer over and over again until it doesn't.

Q. My widgets don't load or I am missing icons on the desktop or in folders.
    A. The sdcard mounts late in the startup process - later than when desktop icons and widgets are loaded. This is a problem inherent in Android 2.2 and manifests itself when an application/widget is moved to the sdcard that has a presence on the Desktop. This is not a bug in this ROM, it's apps2sd in FroYo.

Q. If this is cyanogenmod, then how come it doesn't work exactly like it does on xyzphone?
    A. Good question. I guess mostly because it's not an xyzphone.

Q. May I use your work and customize it and republish it?
    A. My work is a small portion of this project. Ask cyanogen specifically about what you want to do and if he's okay with it, who am I to argue? Do not ever claim the work you are using as your own or fail to give cyanogen or his team credit for the project and my group credit for the device port or you will be on a lot of s-lists faster than you can hit your spacebar. I don't think cyanogenmod should be skinned up for redistribution.

Q. May I republish this ROM, giving proper credit?
    A. Get permission first.

Q. Will you put out customized/skinned versions of this ROM?
    A. No. This is meant to be a clean port of cyanogenmod for the HTC Aria, and nothing more. cyanogenmod is an awesome project, and I don't plan to detract from what it is in any way shape or form by customization. Once you install it, you are free to do whatever you like with it. Of course you are free to build flash-able skins and whatever mods you'd like to share.

I think it's part of the same issue, and it's been nagging me for months now.
    I hate to burst anyones cm6 bubble but the one issue that cm7 had has now been corrected. Navigation works fine thanks to ladios finding some fixed libs over in the Legend forum. No cpu problems, no driving backwards, just perfectly functioning gps/navigation. Battery life on CM7 is excellent. As far as Im concerned if I can get through the day on a smartphone with a 3.2" display set to full brightness with a live wallpaper, a half dozen widgets that use background data, and overclocking while using the internet, texting, making calls, and playing games, then that qualifies as excellent battery life. And thats what I get on cm7. LPP is beyond smooth on cm7. I get no lag what so ever. Wifi on cm7 is far superior to cm6, that cant even be remotely argued.

So is cm7 better than cm6? That depends...Is Gingerbread better than Froyo? Its just a matter of opinion. But in no way does cm6 "function" any better than cm7. Its unfortunate that some have had such a bad experience with cm7. But Ive followed cm6 from the day it came to the Aria and you know what? There were people that had problems with cm6 from day one that gave up and "reverted" to Liberated 2.1 (before there was a Froyo Liberated). If CM6 works better for you as an individual, thats great! But there is really no need to slander a different ROM that is clearly working well for others just because it doesnt work for you.
    Now the only thing is, I ran this right after charging the phone to 100%, but I changed the 2nd drop-down to Total in all time (instead of Since last unplugged or Total since boot).

What's UID 10017?

UID 10017 appears to be some arbitrary unnamed application running. Since it doesn't have a proper name it refers to it by a number assigned to it internally. I get that on mine too so I doubt it's anything to worry about.

I agree that it doesn't look like there are any problems from the screenshot you posted. I'd still suggest checking it again immediately after you see the phone draining quickly just in case since it only takes a second.

Hmmm.. never thought about using SetCPU to save battery! I always thought of it solely as a performance enhancer. I removed it after a day or two because I didn't want to take a chance on shortening the life of my phone.

I had looked at the calibration instructions and there was never a definitive answer on whether you can even do it with a phone running clockwork recovery because part of the calibration process requires you to charge the phone while it's off until fully charged. With clockwork you're supposed to leave it on while charging.

I think the main reason they tell you to do that is that you need to realize that the phone LED will turn green once you reach 90% charge. They just want you to be absolutely sure you are at 100%. You should be able to get a good calibration by doing these steps:

1) Leave your phone plugged in until the phone says "Charged" and not "Charging" (by default it says this right on the lock screen itself).
    2) Unplug the phone, reboot into Clockwork, and wipe battery stats. Then boot back into Android.
    3) Leave your phone on without charging as long as possible -- until the phone turns off on its own. You can let it die over a couple days if you want or you can try to deliberately drain the battery by running apps that consume battery quickly.
    4) Then turn your phone back on (it will turn back on even though it turned itself off from low battery) and charge it back up. I'd turn it on before plugging the cable in just to avoid having to go through Clockwork again.