Sungale Cyberus ID707WTA Recovery

Search This thread

pntblltrc4

Dec 4, 2010
Ok I recieved the above device from a coworker. They had gotten the device for their kid for Christmas, non 3G version. Anyway their kid enabled airplane mode, and took the tablet to school. They had airplane mode on to save battery. They had a lock screen on the tablet. Well as luck would have it he left it on his desk, and the other students locked the tablet so the Gmail account had to be entered. Well with airplane mode enabled there was no way to authenticate with Gmail for recovery. Upon massive Google searches, I discovered this tablet had no hard key press recovery. Essentially it was a bricked device, even the company Sungale had no info on recovery. Well after working at it I discovered a fix. ADB is on by default for this device. Boot into ADB then issue the command

adb shell
wipe data
adb reboot

Now setup your tablet just as you did the first time you opened it.

Hope this helps guys!:D
Pntblltrc4

pntblltrc4

Dec 4, 2010
Root Access

One other tip, this device is rooted out of the box via the shell. So realistically it should be very simple to port clockwork to this tablet.

pntblltrc4

Habstinat

Feb 21, 2012
One other tip, this device is rooted out of the box via the shell. So realistically it should be very simple to port clockwork to this tablet.

pntblltrc4

Out of curiosity, were you able to find out anything more about upgrading the device? I own an ID707WTA as well, and I've been searching for an unofficial ROM but nobody has seemed to have tried to make one yet.

kdubkw6

Dec 28, 2012
device not found error

I keep getting a device not found error.... What do you think is the cause or how can you get around it?