[Q] rw mounting help

Search This thread
Nov 22, 2013
Elk Grove
Hey im sure im one of many who have asked this but I looked around I couldnt find a solution that worked for me
My goal is only to change my lock ring softkeys and glowdots simple right? It always was until recently...
Ive tried a few roms and I installed busybox completely its updated and everythimg I do have root acess
My bootloader is indeed unlocked. And everything is done correctly

I am running 4.4.2 a custom somy z1 rom on nexus 4 16gb
I have tried both zipthemer and metamorph and
Metamorph claims rw is not mounted
On some roms I was able to chamge softkeys in some cases and not be able to do lock rings though

My questions are can you lead me to mounting and it would be lovely if someone can explain to me how this works and why I could change one but not the other.

Thank you

Last edited:

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hey im sure im one of many who have asked this but I looked around I couldnt find a solution that worked for me
My goal is only to change my lock ring softkeys and glowdots simple right? It always was until recently...
Ive tried a few roms and I installed busybox completely its updated and everythimg I do have root acess
My bootloader is indeed unlocked. And everything is done correctly

I am running 4.4.2 a custom somy z1 rom on nexus 4 16gb
I have tried both zipthemer and metamorph and
Metamorph claims rw is not mounted
On some roms I was able to chamge softkeys in some cases and not be able to do lock rings though

My questions are can you lead me to mounting and it would be lovely if someone can explain to me how this works and why I could change one but not the other.

Thank you

What's the problem with zipthemer? Never fails me so far.

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Can you give me your directions I used to always use it
But sometimes itll only make some mods work and Some not

1. Make sure you are rooted.
2. Download the lockring you want and copy it into your phone (or just download it using phone).
3. Install zip themer app.
4. Update edify (make sure you have the rom zip which you are currently using saved in your phone storage).
5. Choose theme and select the previously downloaded lockring.
6. Create it.
7. Note the new zip file created for the lockring.
8. Reboot into recovery. Flash the newly created zip.
9. Reboot into system and that's it.

More detailed steps here. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39572221&postcount=18

Nov 22, 2013
Elk Grove
1. Make sure you are rooted.
2. Download the lockring you want and copy it into your phone (or just download it using phone).
3. Install zip themer app.
4. Update edify (make sure you have the rom zip which you are currently using saved in your phone storage).
5. Choose theme and select the previously downloaded lockring.
6. Create it.
7. Note the new zip file created for the lockring.
8. Reboot into recovery. Flash the newly created zip.
9. Reboot into system and that's it.

More detailed steps here. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39572221&postcount=18

Didnt work