bonsai released rom/kernel with voodoo soundd

Search This thread

a-money

Dec 28, 2008
id like to try this out as well, but i have to figure out how to remove encryption in order to do so.

anyone able to help me?

jman391

Mar 19, 2010
Anybody else get any results? Hopefully positive? Now I'm scared to flash. :O

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
scared to try after reading some of the comments here. will wait for some susuccess stories first.

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
Flashed fine, cant. Get to screen w padlock then scrambles. Restored nandroid fine, same issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
this is what I get after the screen w the padlock, no matter what. I can get into CWM

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 276

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
Anyone have a tutorial on how to recover from ODIN? Im fckin pissed :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just did a normal wipe of everything then Davlik wipe and flashed it. Booted just fine loaded up my google account and everything is pretty snappy so far. Gonna load up SETCPU and do some app installs and see how it goes.
    Can you do a quadrant run at stock speeds, please?

Just check out the link:
    http://www.bonsaigeek.com/content/bonsai-rom-available-samsung-galaxy-tab-101

It shows the quadrant scores but its really not important. The tab seems snappier from what I read, that's the main reason I want to try it out.

Flashing now...
    I had that problem from the original release kernel. Here is the fix I posted in another thread. The key is to data/factory reset from recovery after flashing from odin. If you don't, it will continue to boot loop. I'm also sure there are much less time consuming fixes, but this one has gotten me out of every single situation I had with my 10.1. Good luck.

Here's what you do.

Download the file linked below
    Download ODIN attached below
    Once both are downloaded, extract PDA_SIGNED_P7105.tar
    Boot your tablet into ODIN and plug it into your PC
    Open the ODIN program on your PC and check the box next to PDA
    Click the PDA button and navigate to the file you downloaded earlier
    Press Start and let it flash

Once it is done, it will still boot loop.
    You need to go into recovery (It will now be the default recovery) and wipe data/factory reset only.
    Reboot and it should load up, however you will be on 3.0.1.
    You can get back to 3.1 by rooting and installing recovery again or by using the update feature in the tablet's settings.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gcenefqc3khcc0c
    FWIW,

I reloaded my nandroid last night and all was well. Just rebooted and got stuck at the Padlock screen. REbooted, got the scrambled screen for 30 seconds then it booted. Idk wtf is going on but no matter what I do it happens, ive rewhiped everything, guess ill hafta mess with ODIN

Guys I don't have the GT 10.1 yet, I've ordered it and expect it soon. I do have the Samsung Galaxy S and when we install CM7 on it with a gingerbread bootloader we get the same fuzzy scrambled screen before the phone boots. We need to make sure we have a froyo bootloader before flashing CM7 on it.

Perhaps the 2 devices are similar and the fuzzy screen is linked to the bootloader...