New Droid Bionic Bootanimation *Rooted Users Only*

Search This thread

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
No, This Is A Simple File Move From One Folder To The Next Overwritting The Old If You Choose Or You Can Change The Old To ".bak".

Having permission issues even with root explorer. Unable to mount as r/w for some reason. Cannot change permissions on the system files either. I know I'm missing something simple. Supposed to use BSR?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

You mean you don't have the little gray box near the top of your screen when looking at root explorer that says "mount R/W" just touch that while.viewing system folder and it mounts system as r/w.

Last edited:

Hoppy96pgtbs

Aug 3, 2011
Wichita
You mean you don't have the little gray box near the top of your screen when looking at root explorer that says "mount R/W" just touch that while.viewing system folder and it mounts system as r/w.

Yes I have that box but it will not let me mount as r/w. So I can't rename and move the old animations file or bring in the new one. I can only mount r/w the very root of /. Once in /system it will not allow it. Gonna reboot and try again.

EDIT: Something weird happening, can't change hardly anything with root explorer ATM.

Last edited:
Yes I have that box but it will not let me mount as r/w. So I can't rename and move the old animations file or bring in the new one. I can only mount r/w the very root of /. Once in /system it will not allow it. Gonna reboot and try again.

EDIT: Something weird happening, can't change hardly anything with root explorer ATM.

Try telling super user to forget root explorer and then allow again?
Silly question but u r rooted right?

Mr_GreenJeans

Jul 17, 2011
I apologize. I did not mean to imply that I have the droid sound during the boot animation. Only that I still have the droid sound available on the phone. Sorry again for the confusion. And thank you for the awesome upload.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
I apologize. I did not mean to imply that I have the droid sound during the boot animation. Only that I still have the droid sound available on the phone. Sorry again for the confusion. And thank you for the awesome upload.

It's All Good, Glad Everyone Loves It As Much As Me. You're Welcome Green Jeans I'm The Messenger Of Cool Stuff. Lol.

Reactions: droidxdude

Luke724

Aug 23, 2011
I moved folder bootanimation from my sdcard.ext to system/media and renamed it bootanimation.zip I renamed the old file bootanimation.bak After reboot I only get "android", and no sound. I am using root explorer and followed directions like stated in op. I have deleted the files and replaced the old bootanimation and now I only get the "android" then it goes to my home screen. Any ideas what is going on?

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
I moved folder bootanimation from my sdcard.ext to system/media and renamed it bootanimation.zip I renamed the old file bootanimation.bak After reboot I only get "android", and no sound. I am using root explorer and followed directions like stated in op. I have deleted the files and replaced the old bootanimation and now I only get the "android" then it goes to my home screen. Any ideas what is going on?

It's Okay You Renamed The Original. I Don't Understand Why You Renamed The Download It's A Simple File Transfer, Nothing Else.

Edit: See Attached.

Attachments

• screen_20110827_2110.jpg
    screen_20110827_2110.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 89
  • screen_20110827_2111.jpg
    screen_20110827_2111.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: Luke724

Luke724

Aug 23, 2011
Thanks for the help. I renamed the other file because I am Newb, I am very new to changing anything on my phone. Apparently I deleted the stock boot animation file also. I've tried to search for it but it's gone. Do I have to do a factory restore and one click root to get that back?

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks for the help. I renamed the other file because I am Newb, I am very new to changing anything on my phone. Apparently I deleted the stock boot animation file also. I've tried to search for it but it's gone. Do I have to do a factory restore and one click root to get that back?

No, Either Download The Stock Bootanimation Or Redownload This One And Try Again.

Reactions: Luke724

Luke724

Aug 23, 2011
Ok, It's working now. I found out what happened. I was having the same issue when I download any zip file with my mac and put it on my sd card. The mac unzips the file before it goes to the downloads folder. I downloaded the files with my phone and everything is good. Thanks again for helping me out.

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
Ok, It's working now. I found out what happened. I was having the same issue when I download any zip file with my mac and put it on my sd card. The mac unzips the file before it goes to the downloads folder. I downloaded the files with my phone and everything is good. Thanks again for helping me out.

Beautiful! Future Members And Readers Will See That.

nanodan

I'm having trouble mounting any folder within the System directory as R/W. I can mount the root of everything as R/W, but as soon as I enter the System directory hitting the mount button does nothing. I'm using Root Explorer, and am rooted...

Any ideas?

PS: the bionic boot animation is bad-ass, thanks a bunch for uploading it (if only I could install it...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's The Droid Bionic Bootanimation And Sound.

droid_00009.jpg
    droid_00056.jpg
    droid_00107.jpg

Individual Files:
    Bootanimation
    Sound File

Clockworkmod Zip:
    Bionic Bootanimation CWM

You Must Be Rooted
    Using A File Manager/Explorer
    /system/media/bootanimation.zip
    /system/media/audio/notifications/Bionic.ogg

Thanks To Droid-Life For Providing This.
    Haha, And in super laymen's terms you replace your existing boot animation with the new one and just drop the sound in the location. The locations are in op.
    So just placing the bionic.off in notification makes it give that sound at boot. No need to change anything else? Sorry if it a dumb question. I seen ti be stuck on stupid today sorry

Yup Inside The Zip Is A Desc.txt That Already Tells It Where To Look.
    Mike u are the freaking man!! I saw this earlier in youtube vids and wanted it so bad...how's it looking on the x2?

It's All Good, Glad Everyone Loves It As Much As Me. You're Welcome Green Jeans I'm The Messenger Of Cool Stuff. Lol.