Nov 15, 2010
New York
Caulkin your like the whosdaman/noobnl of the et4g
Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Wizerest

Dec 13, 2010
Philadelphia
You wanna goto system settings> "more.." under wireless & networks> usb utilities & then select "connect storage to pc." That worked for me!

rbtrucking

Dec 19, 2011
Just flashed the fb21 modem on Blazer 4.0 and my data speeds have been cut in half compared to what they used to be. On wifi I get about 9-12mb down and 1 up where I used to get about 18-21down and 3-5 up. Do I need to let the modem settle in for a while before I see its real performance or is this what it will be? I updated profile and PLR and that didn't change anything.

EDIT: My bad I didnt realize I had my utorrent going and it was clogging up my internet. Disabled it and I am right where I should be speed wise. Just curious though how has the battery life been on this modem? That is the main reason I switched because on blazer running stock el29 modem I was losing 5% an hour on idle and that is just horrible in my experience with this phone I usually lose 1-2% an hour.

Last edited:

clamknuckle

Nov 12, 2007
I just tried to flash the Modem through Odin, and it's sitting at "now writing please wait about 2 minutes" for about 10 minutes now. I was already on FB21 rom.

clamknuckle

Nov 12, 2007
I just tried to flash the full .tar from the OP and it's still hanging on the modem part. I'm going to flash the stock gingerbread .tar and then try again I guess.

edit: that got it!

Last edited:

mightypenguin

Dec 3, 2011
Probably unreleated...

...but just in case here it is.

Anyone having problems with flashing the FB21 modem driver, I had issues too.

I was trying to do it over the CWM that came with my CM7.2 and it would just take forever and then finally give a Status 7 error. I downloaded the file twice and it did the same thing with both of them over multiple boots.

After I flashed CM9 3.1 I was able to flash FB21 modem in recovery the first time I tried it. So maybe there's some check it's doing for ICS roms?

Note: From CM9 had to install Rom Manager and from that install "Galaxy S2" Recovery and reboot into it to flash FB21 driver.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
...but just in case here it is.

Anyone having problems with flashing the FB21 modem driver, I had issues too.

I was trying to do it over the CWM that came with my CM7.2 and it would just take forever and then finally give a Status 7 error. I downloaded the file twice and it did the same thing with both of them over multiple boots.

After I flashed CM9 3.1 I was able to flash FB21 modem in recovery the first time I tried it. So maybe there's some check it's doing for ICS roms?

Note: From CM9 had to install Rom Manager and from that install "Galaxy S2" Recovery and reboot into it to flash FB21 driver.
I don't know what kernel you had with CM7.2, but prior to EK02 kernels, you aren't able to flash full modems from recovery, only patch-style modems (the partial modems where you must have a certain base modem installed) would flash. The symptoms are exactly what you describe, it would hang a while, them timeout. If you use a reocovery paired with a kernel EK02 or newer, then full modem flashes work.

neatchee

Sep 11, 2009
I responded to the 5 people in the 5 places I had seen this question being asked during my search for answers ;) Made sure to reply to the people asking the question so they got notified ^_^

neatchee

Sep 11, 2009
Possibly unrelated? I had an overheating problem almost immediately after flashing. Left the phone in my pocket, felt it get EXTREMELY hot. Had to pull the battery.

Hasn't happened again since, though, and I've been using GPS pretty much daily.

jstanley1204

Jan 16, 2010
Fix Log?

I'm pretty happy with the FB17 build other than gps not working and was curious to know what changes are there between FB17 and FB21?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE UNDERSTAND, THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL BUILD FOR A REASON, THERE WILL BE BUGS, SO DON'T WHINE IF YOU FIND ONE, FIND A FIX INSTEAD

Here is the complete tar for the FB21 build, I replaced the Sbl with the EG31 one so reset jigs will still work afterwards

Side note - If you having issues with drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers worked for me

Extract tar first, then flash tar file through the PDA option in Odin

D710_CODE_SPH-D710.FB21_CL159837_REV02_user_w_Sbl_EG31.tar.zip

And for those that just want the modem, here it is

E4GT_Modem_FB21.zip \ E4GT_Modem_FB21.tar - Zip must be flashed through a CWM based recovery & Tar must be flashed through the PHONE option in Odin

FAQ

If your having issues with Odin recognizing the phone after flashing this, use these instructions

Go to device manager, right click on the unknown device, update driver, click browse, let me pick from a list, select all(wait till it loads), find Samsung Co and install one of the ones that have modem in the name
    Gps locks but says im in hollywood? But im in long beach... California. Anyone know what to do?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

There isn't much difference. I'm in Orange and people call it Los Angeles. Either way, no one speaks English right?
    Hey, I didn't see this in the OP. Is the tar rooted?

No the tar is not. The zip is though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    I responded to the 5 people in the 5 places I had seen this question being asked during my search for answers ;) Made sure to reply to the people asking the question so they got notified ^_^
    Another update. Been playing with this ROM a lot for the last 12 hours or so and i must say this is definitely daily driver worthy. The only problem Ive had is with the GPS randomly not turning back off after a lock. This will drain your battery quickly and cause the phone to get warm. If it happens while youre charging your phone it will get very warm very fast. Disabling GPS and then enabling it seems to fix it.

Also, pressing power + home doesnt take screenshots.

Thanks Calk for the leak!

I believe screenshot on ICS has been switched to the Nexus "hold volume down and power buttons"