[APP] Note 2 Hidden Settings [Easily Change Hidden CSC Features]

Search This thread

irish-sid

Aug 18, 2011
I switched the Keyboard symbol option to see what it did and now I can't get my symbols back. How can I fix this?

EDIT: I see it's already being discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnumutz

nagasgura

Jul 20, 2010
Version 1.3

Here's the new version 1.3 of the app, with a Sound Settings menu. Anyone who couldn't get the shutter sound menu to work should be able to use this instead.
I'm also working on a fix for the sub symbols.

Attachments

• Note2HiddenSettings.apk
    256.2 KB · Views: 44

zohawkish

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
Nice app :good: if you want more hidden csc features you can find it in "framework2.jar" (com/sec/android/app). samsung use this folder to hide its HIDDEN features ;)

Reactions: rahulrai and not-i

theronkinator

Apr 16, 2011
All the ones I tried worked on my BTU S3 running MG4 apart from the enable scheduled message, well I couldn't figure how to do it anyway.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Here's the new version 1.3 of the app, with a Sound Settings menu. Anyone who couldn't get the shutter sound menu to work should be able to use this instead.

do you recommend just doing an install (upgrade) over the last version or uninstalling it completely and then re-installing?

Also, I have noticed when you click the menu key and hit settings, nothing happens on my s4

nagasgura

Jul 20, 2010
do you recommend just doing an install (upgrade) over the last version or uninstalling it completely and then re-installing?

Also, I have noticed when you click the menu key and hit settings, nothing happens on my s4

It shouldn't matter either way. And thanks for letting me know about the settings thing, I meant to remove that but I guess I forgot.

MBariya

Mar 1, 2012
Jamnagar
Please add this feature.

Add call Button in contact and call log list.

<CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList>true</CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList>

e4eju3y4.jpg

sent from my GT-N7100. Press thanks if I helped..

eyecon82

May 30, 2010

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Play store version..v1.4..the in app "reboot to apply " button will not reboot for me. VZW, stock deodex ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

Last edited:

jager1

Jul 25, 2006
Just an fyi, I have a Sprint Note 2. I tried the app to see the effect. I had the white background on emails and the symbols on my keyboard before using the switches in the app. Afterward, my emails have black backgrounds and the symbols are gone from my keyboard. Resetting to default has not effect. No big deal because it is about time to factory reset the phone and wipe the gunk out of it anyway.

Last edited:

vladmir

May 6, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It does edit others.xml if it detects you don't have a feature.xml. Could you send me your others.xml file from /system/csc?

thanks but I already edit manual the others.xml and added the features I needed.
One question. ... there is any option to disable sms from call log?

Congratulations for your app, very well coated in several communities!

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 utilizando Tapatalk 4

JKan Co

Mar 9, 2012
Men your app rocks!!!! It works like a charm on my Note 2....
Now I have Nokia's old school message's view!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377280089357.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377280089357.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 181

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Men your app rocks!!!! It works like a charm on my Note 2....
Now I have Nokia's old school message's view!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

what option did you choose for that?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

thanks, please make a post in this thread every time you do update the app, or add in timestamps in the OP so we can tell it has been updated. Thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steinapps.note2hiddensettings&hl=en
    Donate Version Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steinapps.note2hiddensettingspro

This app enables you to easily change hidden settings on your Note 2 (and possibly other Samsung devices), such as:
    • Adding a shutter sound on/off option to the camera
    • Turning on Infinite Scroll mode on the launcher and app drawer
    • Extending how many contacts you can join together
    These modifications normally can only be made by manually editing a system file, which can be dangerous and very inconvenient. This app makes the process quick and painless.

Features:
    • Shows which options have already been enabled, even by a different app or manually
    • Creates an automatic backup in case something goes wrong
    • Nice looking Holo interface
    • Supports devices which implement feature.xml or an others.xml file (all Touchwiz roms)
    • Adds a custom tag to the system file that allows you to easily tell what has been changed

Screenshots:
    ldrvMxZ.png

Changelog:
    Code:
    1.6:
    Added a new feature to have a home page button in the browser menu
    Added ads to support the development of this app and further similar apps. 
    You can shut them off my pressing the menu key, but theyl help support the app. 
    Alternatively, you could also buy the new donate version that has no ads and no permissions.

1.5:
    Fixed a problem that caused all the features not to work
    Fixed a problem that caused certain phone features not to work
    Added much more languages to the sumsymbols including Russian and Spanish (confirmed working)

1.4:
    Fixed file permission issues that caused the backup to not be applied

1.3:
    Added a new Sound Settings category.
    Sound settings has a Shutter Sound option so if the shutter sound menu didn't work, you can turn it off this way

1.2:
    Added 5 more features:
    - Call Duration menu in the call log of the stock dialer
    - Camera during calls
    - Folder View in the messaging app
    - Automatically power on the phone before an alarm (might not work)
    - Make the background color of the Email app white instead of black

1.1:
    Fixed problem causing some of the options to display as off even when turned on

1.0:
    Initial Release (16 options)

If it doesn't seem to get root permissions and the reboot now option doesn't work:
    Make sure that the XPrivacy app isn't blocking it from getting root permissions

For anyone having trouble with the app and the Reset to Default button isn't working:

• Use Root Explorer, ES File Explorer or a similar app to go to the /system/csc directory
    • Delete the feature.xml file
    • Rename the feature_backup.xml file to feature.xml
    • Make sure the file permissions on the new feature.xml are rw-r--r--:
      • Owner: Read, Write
      • Group: Read
      • Others: Read

If you have any questions, feature requests, or bugs, PM me and I'll fix them ASAP.
    Hi ,First of all thanks for all your hard work.

I have been using csc features in all kind of roms from android to windows for a long time so i had to try your app:D

When i tried your app in my modified stock ROM( latest note 2 uk rom) i noticed i had lost all my previous csc hacks, i had to find out why.

I my case you app is malformating the xml (feature.xml)file therefore rendering it useless, i have found where the problems are and editing the file all the features come back.
    Attached are the files from your app and the one fixed so you can compare it.

other fixes....
    enable camera on call is missing a more than(>)character and therefore rendering the the code lines below it useless, here is the correct code:
    <FeatureSet><CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall></FeatureSet>

Suggestions:
    in order to enable keyboard symbols for all languanges at once use this code:
    CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
    <CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>es_US;en_GB;en_US;en_AU;en_CA;en_PH;en_IE;en_NZ;en_ZA;ko_KR;de_AT;de_CH;de_DE;fr_FR;fr_CH;fr_BE;fr_CA; bg_BG;cs_CZ;da_DK;el_GR;es_ES;et_EE;fi_FI;ga_IE;hr_HR;hu_HU;is_IS;it_IT; lt_LT;lv_LV;mk_MK;ms_MY;nb_NO;nl_NL;nl_BE;pl_PL;pt_PT;pt-BR;ro_RO;sr_RS;sv_SE;tr_TR; ca_ES;eu_ES;gl_ES;kk_KZ;ru_RU;sk_SK;sl_SI;uk_UA;uz_UZ;az_AZ;hy_AM;ka_GE;

Also here is a picture of the file created by your app with the errors pointed out, i hope it helps in improving the app, many thanks.

XML%20errors.jpg
    Please add this feature if possible.

Add call Button in contact and call log list.

<CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList>true</CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList>

Ok, I'll add it in the next update.

you deserved more thanks for this apps
    why are people so cheap to click thanks button

Thanks for the kind words, glad you liked it!
    Hi ,First of all thanks for all your hard work.

I have been using csc features in all kind of roms from android to windows for a long time so i had to try your app:D

When i tried your app in my modified stock ROM( latest note 2 uk rom) i noticed i had lost all my previous csc hacks, i had to find out why.

I my case you app is malformating the xml (feature.xml)file therefore rendering it useless, i have found where the problems are and editing the file all the features come back.
    Attached are the files from your app and the one fixed so you can compare it.

other fixes....
    enable camera on call is missing a more than(>)character and therefore rendering the the code lines below it useless, here is the correct code:

Suggestions:
    in order to enable keyboard symbols for all languanges at once use this code:

Also here is a picture of the file created by your app with the errors pointed out, i hope it helps in improving the app, many thanks.

Thank you!!! I was just emailing one of my users who was having the same problem as you, you just saved me a lot of time. If I ever make a paid version or a different paid app, you'll be the first to get it for free. Attached is the fixed version of the app:
    Version 1.3