wood case for samsung galaxy s3

Search This thread

Jayboy3775

Apr 5, 2011
I just ordered a bamboo case from the Netherlands on Etsy. I'll try to post some pix once I receive it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jnicks510

Mar 3, 2011
This could be a dumber idea tjan the transparent back door cover

Sent from my SGH-I535 using xda premium

Way to troll...

Why is this a dumb idea? Not everyone has to like the same thing. Obviously there's a market for this.

I'm interested in this too. Some one please post pics if they have something of the sort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
Sorry guys, but I have to agree that this is a pretty horrible idea. It's all a statement. How hard are you trying to differentiate yourself?

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy SIII.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

With that being said, I am selling an invisible case. Completely invisible. Even then packaging! All for a mere $20. Oh, and guess what? Free overnight shipping!

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
Sorry guys, but I have to agree that this is a pretty horrible idea. It's all a statement. How hard are you trying to differentiate yourself?

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

With that being said, I am selling an invisible case. Completely invisible. Even then packaging! All for a mere $20. Oh, and guess what? Free overnight shipping!

Or,

Some people like handmade things that look classy. Wood can be beautiful. (thats what she said)

Do a search, there are some beautiful woods and wooden cases out there.

Just because its not your style doenst mean its stupid.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

I've seen a few variants mentioned here. Has anyone seen any others than the ones so far on this site?

Thanks in advance.

if you do a search tehre were at least two that i remember clicking.

ManOnTheMoon

May 7, 2011
I would pay upwards of $70 for a super thin wooden case. Maple or cedar would be amazing. I seen cases but there so fat. Just a super slim one would be nice.

Transmitted from my GALAXYSIII running Jelly Bean. XDA premium

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
I think quite a few kids that stalk these forums only look for cases that double as megatron transformer protectors of doom. I have a decent otterbox for when I go out to the field (military), and then a few nice thin ones for daily use. If you guys find any decent bamboo ones share the links!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Jayboy3775

Apr 5, 2011
Here’s the bamboo case I purchased on Etsy. I had to sand the base down a little for it to work with my Philips speaker docks, but other than that it's perfect.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347953295856.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347953295856.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,627
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347953307893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347953307893.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,622

Classick206

May 27, 2010
What's with the hate on wooden cases? Unless someone can provide proof or situations where wooden cases have caused some sort of excessive overheating/burning... there's no reason it's a stupid idea. I have seen MUCH more ridiculous cases posted by people on this website. Tacky colors, cheap materials, hideous design concepts... how are those any less stupid than a wooden case? People pay thousands of dollars to have wood floors installed in their homes yet in order to improve its look yet it's a stupid idea to pay $40 for a case? Grow up kids.

Here’s the bamboo case I purchased on Etsy. I had to sand the base down a little for it to work with my Philips speaker docks, but other than that it's perfect.

Could you please provide a link to it or maybe provide a brand name? I'm not familiar with Etsy at all. A quick search on the site only found me a clip on back case similar to that one. Yours looks like its a slider and provides much more protection. It looks great and I'd definitely buy it if it's still available on etsy.

I also found some on eBay but I really hate buying from there especially when it comes from overseas since I almost got ripped off for an "OEM" Samsung Flip cover once before.

Last edited:

Jayboy3775

Apr 5, 2011
I still can't figure out why I can't cut & paste on this phone!

The Etsy shop is called Creative Use of Technology.

jnicks510

Mar 3, 2011
I looked for the shop and got zero results :-\

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
Last edited: