• No

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Hello Everyone.

Yesterday, I updated my "Global" Z1 firmware to Android 4.3 and then {Of course} I had no root. I already had a TA backup from 4.2 (534) and already un/relocked the bootloader so I am not worried about warranty. So I tried something to get Full root on Locked bootloader.

What I basically did is that I unlocked the bootloader, turned on USB debugging, downloaded doomkernel (Made by @DooMLoRD) and then in fastboot I wrote the command:

Code:
fastboot boot boot.img

Then it restarted and booted doomkernel once (fast boot filename.img makes the phone boot that kernel once) and then flashed the latest SuperSU zip using TWRP recovery (VOL Down) and then went to Advanced → Fix Permissions. Then tried mounting /system as R/W but with no success. So I then flashed doomkernel using the following fastboot command:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

and then installed the latest XZDualRecovery by @[NUT] and then I had 4 recoveries :p So I flashed stock kernel and XZDualRecovery wasn't uninstalled, So what I did is that I flashed the SuperSU zip again (using TWRP) and then booted up.

In the first boot, I couldn't mount /system as R/W but I restarted for some reason. and tried to mount as R/W and it worked!

So I relocked my bootloader (by restoring the TA) and now I have full root on TOTALLY STOCK 4.3 Locked bootloader :victory:

Now, when I go to /system/etc/init.d I find a file named "99SuperSUDaemon" and I remember reading somewhere that init.d has something to do with what should work on boot (other than system booting things, cuz I only see that file). So maybe that fixed the "Partial root" problem. Don't know where it came from, but it works :highfive:

Just thought that it might be good to share some info with others, might be useful for people who doesn't want to use ftf's of other places like someone in MEA (me) doesn't want to use UK or US or any other ftf cuz of more bloatware.

Regards,
~J2C

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Well, I have been removing system apps and I can mount /system as R/W.

If there's a way I can check, please tell me how.

Edit: I actually don't know what does "Semi Root" mean.

Regards,
~J2C

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Not Full Root. :D Half and Half.

Yes, I have full root.

In case if you're on 4.2 and you can OTA to 4.3 (and you have root) try to copy the file 99SuperSUDaemon to /system/etc/init.d and then reboot, uninstall dual recovery, update to 4.3 OTA and check if you have full root. If you DO have full root, then you can install XZDualRecovery again and enjoy android.

Edit: uploaded the file, unzip (NOTE: it's NOT a flashable zip!) and copy it to /system/etc/init.d and give it permissions rwsr-xr-x

Regards,
~J2C

Attachments

• 99SuperSUDaemon.zip
    216 bytes · Views: 51
Last edited:

ArashMiniStar

Jun 7, 2012
Yes, I have full root.

In case if you're on 4.2 and you can OTA to 4.3 (and you have root) try to copy the file 99SuperSUDaemon to /system/etc/init.d and then reboot, uninstall dual recovery, update to 4.3 OTA and check if you have full root. If you DO have full root, then you can install XZDualRecovery again and enjoy android.

Edit: uploaded the file, unzip (NOTE: it's NOT a flashable zip!) and copy it to /system/etc/init.d and give it permissions rwsr-xr-x

Regards,
~J2C

Could you please explain step by step? I mean for example when fid you install dual recovery?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

I do not use OTA, I don't have it. So I have to find a different way. I can only update to 4.3 from recovery or flashtool.

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Could you please explain step by step? I mean for example when fid you install dual recovery?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I installed dual recovery after flashing doomkernel

I do not use OTA, I don't have it. So I have to find a different way. I can only update to 4.3 from recovery or flashtool.

I can go to cwm and create a flashable zip from there and give it to you if you want

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
@eclyptos

I know you didn't ask for a 4.3 flashable zip but here it is:

Update.zip

I don't know if something needs to be removed from the zip, but all I did is that I wen to cwm and clicked on "Clone ROM to update.zip" and then uploaded it to google drive.

Regards,
~J2C

Reactions: eclyptos

babylonbwoy

Dec 30, 2011
Here & There...
Root for locked bootloader but need to be unlock-able?!

If the BL is unlockable then it is useless to say it is for locked bootloader, if it's lock it's lock.
Once it is unlocked user can flash a pre rooted rom or kernel...

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Root for locked bootloader but need to be unlock-able?!

If the BL is unlockable then it is useless to say it is for locked bootloader, if it's lock it's lock.
Once it is unlocked user can flash a pre rooted rom or kernel...

Can you try this for me? You'll find attached zip containing the file in the original post in page 1.

Regards,
~J2C

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @eclyptos

I know you didn't ask for a 4.3 flashable zip but here it is:

Update.zip

I don't know if something needs to be removed from the zip, but all I did is that I wen to cwm and clicked on "Clone ROM to update.zip" and then uploaded it to google drive.

Regards,
    ~J2C