[recovery][p7300/p7310] twrp 2.7.1.0

Search This thread

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila
Just noticed that "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" is checked by default. What's the difference between the two commands?

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila
rm -rf just deletes files. That command is always safe. Formatting creates new file system, it can be dangerous.

Thanks, googled it as well. "rm -rf" is similar to "delete_recursive". But I always do "format" command in updater-script, which I think, correct me if I'm wrong is similar to the format function in recovery wherein you have to set the type of file system because this command invokes "mkfs".

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE

Thanks allot man, you should also change the thread's title so that people can know that there is a new version...

jolinnard

Sep 3, 2009

p5wifi ZIP seems to work for me. Flashed lastest Nameless ROM without incidents, I don't test other options. Thanks!

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila

P5 working just fine. Backup/restore function now has more options, also provided details (percentage). Wipe & install is ok.

decky006

Mar 14, 2013
Emsworth
worked fine on my p5wifi. New backup and restore ok. Not yet updated rom. Will use for next cm11 build.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using XDA Free mobile app

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
After wiping everything (system included) I tried to install stock Rom from safari king with last recovery and I got an error, binary updater failed.
I had to go back to 2.6 twrp and installation went fine.

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila
After wiping everything (system included) I tried to install stock Rom from safari king with last recovery and I got an error, binary updater failed.
I had to go back to 2.6 twrp and installation went fine.

I got that error on 2.6.3.0. I just changed the update binary to that of the Ultra stock rom and it flashed eventually.

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila
Probably outdated update binary or bad download. Other zip packages (e.g., tweaks, modem, recovery, etc.) flashes just fine except for the ROM i use. So, I switched the update binary to that of the ULTRA stock rom and it works.

jOrGe.mRNh

Oct 3, 2012
Guys, im using Odin 1.85 with win10x64 and it don't complete the install.
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

Can someone please help me?

Can I link to computer to copy zip?
Where is your problem ?
How to connect your Tab to PC ? => install Samsung USB driver.
You want to install TWRP with Odin ? Boot into Download mode and connect to PC.
If you want to update your Customrecvovery ? Download the zip File ,boot into Recovery mode ,install Zip and reboot into fresh installed Recovery Version.

But we have got a newer TWRP Version.

TBH4H

Feb 11, 2018
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Where is your problem ?
How to connect your Tab to PC ? => install Samsung USB driver.
You want to install TWRP with Odin ? Boot into Download mode and connect to PC.
If you want to update your Customrecvovery ? Download the zip File ,boot into Recovery mode ,install Zip and reboot into fresh installed Recovery Version.

But we have got a newer TWRP Version.
Well I forgot to copy the zip I need to the tab. And I have cleared the OS in the tab
I was wondering , since I have flashed the twrp recovery, can I copy file though recovery? I remember my other device with twrp 3.0 can link to computer to manage files, but when I link this tab to my computer, I cannot access internal storage.
What can I do? The ADB always have connecting errors by the way.

bujon

Apr 24, 2019
Download failed

Hi,
I tried to install twrp 2.7.1 on my P7310 using Odin 3.13.1. (I have a stock recovery on it without any form of CWM or TWRP).
The NAND write started but freezed after few seconds and after several minutes odin gave up and said it failed.
The tablet won't boot to the system (gives me message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again").
I am able to boot into download mode though and it waits for USB cable.
But when I connect the tablet via USB the windows says that the USB device wasn't recognized and it is not appearing in odin com ports. :(
Is my tablet officially bricked or is there something else I can try to connect it and re-run the download? (Please, bear in mind in case of reply, that I am a total noob to this recovery stuff so detailed answers are welcome )

Top Liked Posts