[Modems][09 Jun 13] AT&T SGH-I777 (Samsung & AOSP Based ROMs)

Search This thread

supersixevo

Dec 21, 2011
In the OP of this thread. It's the same modem; Peaster is just missing the P from its name.

EDIT: If you're using an AOSP rom, extract the modem and replace it in a AOSP flashable modem zip.

I'm using Task's AOKP Rom. Can I flash these modems as they are? Do I need to extract the modem and repackage? How do I do this process?

thanks

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
I'm using Task's AOKP Rom. Can I flash these modems as they are? Do I need to extract the modem and repackage? How do I do this process?

thanks

Not these. Rockratt has a thread for AOSP based roms; use those. If for some reason you need/want to repackage, you can just extract the modem.bin and replace the one in a AOSP modem zip.

To Peaster,

Might I suggest stating that Rockratt's thread you have linked is the location for ALL AOSP based roms, then say, "This includes blah blah." For someone not familiar with identifying the two distinctions, it's not completely clear. Again, only a suggestion.

mjcity

Jul 3, 2012
i777 modem

A brief story of my situation i have the T-Mobile gs2 just in case anyone wonders. But my gf who was with att had the galaxy s2 exynos variant the i777 in nerd terms lol. So my gf gave me her gs2 and right away unlocked it (thanks to chainfire with out any visits to a T-Mobile @ att store) and right away put my T-Mobile sim and bam!! I777 is fully working with mms, calls but just edge . My question is how to use 3g in the i777? Don't care for 4g since that will be a luxury to me, just want 3g. I completely understand about the different frequencies. But the note and skyrocket are not even suppose to work in T-Mobile using 3g/4g just by flashing a T-Mobile modem. Just wondering if I can do the same with the i777? If so which one? And secondly will it work since their different cpu's? Absolutely any theories or thoughts are welcome. Btw I'm running 5-12-12 tasks aopk build in the moment.

Same problem as you but in my case I want to give my fiance the i777 got everything working on her tmobile sim but it's stuck on E. please in your humble quest for 3g have you found any modem to flash yet? been search the whole internet for days.

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
Do we need to flash AOSP modems anymore? I am on AOKP also and I always flash the modems from this thread and they work fine. Is there any downside to that?

Random stuff. I once flashed an AOSP packaged modem on a Samsung rom and my device held a constant wakelock because it thought it was charging. Once I flashed the appropriate one (and changed nothing else), the issue disappeared.

Same problem as you but in my case I want to give my fiance the i777 got everything working on her tmobile sim but it's stuck on E. please in your humble quest for 3g have you found any modem to flash yet? been search the whole internet for days.

Not possible. The i777 doesn't have the T-Mobile frequencies for 3G; it's not modem dependent.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Last edited:

narsciso

Jul 18, 2010
I am currently running the latest aokp, and I was wondering if all of these modems were safe to flash?

This is my gf's phone and she claims she is having a lot of trouble hearing people on the other end with (rare, yet irritating) hangups/dropped calls.

This phone is currently using UCKH7

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
I am currently running the latest aokp, and I was wondering if all of these modems were safe to flash?

This is my gf's phone and she claims she is having a lot of trouble hearing people on the other end with (rare, yet irritating) hangups/dropped calls.

This phone is currently using UCKH7

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Go to the aosp thread; I believe it's linked in the OP.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Reactions: Peaster111

beaverslayer

Feb 27, 2012
Vicksburg
Markers on map seem inaccurate.

I checked a couple of the pins on the map and they are in the wrong place. If you click on the two in Mexico, one say Layfaette, LA and the other say it's in California.

Reactions: Simba501

wgoldfarb

Jul 12, 2012
D.C.
I checked a couple of the pins on the map and they are in the wrong place. If you click on the two in Mexico, one say Layfaette, LA and the other say it's in California.

This seems to be happening (for me, at least) with quite a few pins. Some are spot-on, but many are completely in the wrong place, even in the wrong state!

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I've corrected quite a few myself and deleted random crap. I usually go in about once a week and clean up the obvious things. It appears that folks either can't read or are completely inept on putting their marker in the right spot. The old saying is true... You can't fix stupid!

Reactions: wgoldfarb

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Google map destoyed

Someone spent ta lot time to be a complete #$%@! It seems that someone completely destroyed our MAP... requiring that all pins to be deleted! The Map needs to be restarted from scratch. Vandals are awesome. :(

Last edited:

Chr0nicDreamz

Nov 7, 2008
Any of these modems address the **** signal issue? Its a known issue across the T-Mobile, UK and ATT versions of the sgs ii

HTC = Hate The Consumer

Chr0nicDreamz

Nov 7, 2008
Known issue? I'm aware of no such thing.

Ive had 4 of these phones on ATT, garbage signal everywhere. My buddy has been through 3 of them on Tmo he finally got one that holds a signal he can use. Friend of mine that lives in the UK. same issue only his is antenna placement, or so he says. I dont know if its a bad batch or what. Ill flash the updated antenna but if that doesnt fix it Ill call att for replacement

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
Ive had 4 of these phones on ATT, garbage signal everywhere. My buddy has been through 3 of them on Tmo he finally got one that holds a signal he can use. Friend of mine that lives in the UK. same issue only his is antenna placement, or so he says. I dont know if its a bad batch or what. Ill flash the updated antenna but if that doesnt fix it Ill call att for replacement

Maybe, idk. I've had my device since release day and it's on par with everything else I've had; maybe even a little better. There are a ton of modems, so one should work out for you.

Top Liked Posts