[GTP6800][ZSKL2] [3g] EzyKernel OC/UV + Deodex + PowerMenuMod

Search This thread

marwanxx

Account currently disabled
Feb 10, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I'm looking for this but can't apply this with my XME ROM. Please guide me. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

skycruzer

Mar 14, 2010
Value, 9 State
I'm looking for this but can't apply this with my XME ROM. Please guide me. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Not compatible with XME (DXLA2) ROM. I hope you read the first post

EzyKernel v1 - 23/02/2012

This Kernel is more geared towards functionality & real life user experience as opposed to benchmarks etc.

(Need to be running a ZSKL2 firmware - see installation instructions)

If you really want to use this kernel, you need to change your ROM to ZSKL2. You can find it here

Last edited:
Reactions: marwanxx

m0bster

Jun 24, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
I am thinking of installing this kernel. Currently using stock ZSLA2.
I have couple of questions:

1. CIFS. You wrote:
4) I have built in cifs / nls_utf8 support into kernel so no need for seperate modules

Tested ok. Not sure what nls_utf8 does but seems to be requested quite a bit. If problems of unmounting shares, try umount -l /path/to/mount normally does the trick.

I have problems using nls_utf8 as external kernel module on ZSLA2. It is used for providing UTF8 support displaying file names in Unicode characters. It works ok with some shares but causes fragmentation fault with my Win7x64 shares. Cifs on its own works ok (but non-Latin characters are not displayed properly). Any similar experiences with this kernel?

2. SD card file system. I am currently using ntfssd for mounting my sd card formatted in ntfs. It feels a bit like an overkill and I would rather use ext2. Is it possible to use sd cards formatted in extX with this kernel? If not then would it work "out of the box" with my ntfs sd card? Do you support Samsung's mounting point for external storage (/mnt/sdcard/extStorages) so the firmware would be able to see the card?

Thanks a lot for your work!

skycruzer

Mar 14, 2010
Value, 9 State
You are supposed to be on ZSKL2...

I am thinking of installing this kernel. Currently using stock ZSLA2.
I have couple of questions:

1. CIFS. You wrote:

I have problems using nls_utf8 as external kernel module on ZSLA2. It is used for providing UTF8 support displaying file names in Unicode characters. It works ok with some shares but causes fragmentation fault with my Win7x64 shares. Cifs on its own works ok (but non-Latin characters are not displayed properly). Any similar experiences with this kernel?

2. SD card file system. I am currently using ntfssd for mounting my sd card formatted in ntfs. It feels a bit like an overkill and I would rather use ext2. Is it possible to use sd cards formatted in extX with this kernel? If not then would it work "out of the box" with my ntfs sd card? Do you support Samsung's mounting point for external storage (/mnt/sdcard/extStorages) so the firmware would be able to see the card?

Thanks a lot for your work!

Last edited:

m0bster

Jun 24, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
You are supposed to be on ZSKL2...

I know. The post describes my current experiences with a different version of firmware and stock kernel. May be it wasn't clear enough.

I realize I need to install ZSKL2 first and then this kernel. I am just trying to figure out if Unicode filenames will actually work with built in cifs and if ext filesystem is available for sd card.

ezynow

Apr 11, 2011
I know. The post describes my current experiences with a different version of firmware and stock kernel. May be it wasn't clear enough.

I realize I need to install ZSKL2 first and then this kernel. I am just trying to figure out if Unicode filenames will actually work with built in cifs and if ext filesystem is available for sd card.

I am waiting for ics then hopefully start releasing decent oc / opmtimised kernels for this device but for time being support is limited to ZSKL2.

For ext4 support there are a few issues with file permissions handling so instead i have released an app ezymount that takes care of sd cards & devices. I leave the mtp stuff alone so best not try to remount it to the normal extstorages folder but as a mountpoint on the internal sdcard. I have the first patition on microsd as default fat32 so the system picks this up and behaves as normal / normal recovery backups go here. The second partition is either ext4 or ntfs. Ext4 is preferable as its native linux.

Reactions: eseregin

Glennmartyn

Dec 13, 2010
The kernel is good but I have a problem after installing the powermenumod. Now the tablet never shuts down properly..it always reboots back to life no matter which option is selected from power menu. Is there any flashable stock power menu without having to reflash the whole kernel?

Last edited:

biopsin

Nov 2, 2010
oslo
The kernel is good but I have a problem after installing the powermenumod. Now the tablet never shuts down properly..it always reboots back to life no matter which option is selected from power menu. Is there any flashable stock power menu without having to reflash the whole kernel?

You will need to extract the same files from the rom you installed and replace them, either you slip them one by one with ala root explorer or replace the tweaked files inside the powermod zip file and flash that package to save you the trouble..

Reactions: Glennmartyn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EzyKernel v1 - 23/02/2012

This Kernel is more geared towards functionality & real life user experience as opposed to benchmarks etc.

(Need to be running a ZSKL2 firmware - see installation instructions)

Update 23/02/2012 - Kernel Bluetooth fix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

1) Overclocking & Undervolting support

Added overclocking up to 1600 / 1800 mhz
    Added sysfs uv interface for setcpu support.
    Undervolts quite well :)
    Set default max overclock to 1600 mhz.
    1800 mhz is not stable for me causes freezes/lockups for me. I dont tend to use voltages higher than 1350mv but the option is there for anyone who feel the burning itch ;)
    (1.8 is not recommended - untill further tests)

2) init.d support for boot up scripts - place start up scripts in /etc/init.d/

3) support for boot animations - place bootanimations.zip in /system/media/

4) I have built in cifs / nls_utf8 support into kernel so no need for seperate modules

Tested ok. Not sure what nls_utf8 does but seems to be requested quite a bit. If problems of unmounting shares, try umount -l /path/to/mount normally does the trick.

5) Added ntfs read/write support for kernel - Not tested myself

6) Added udf / iso support to kernel -Tested ok - can mount bluray iso's etc.

7) Added support for Interactive governor
    Tested seems bit of a cpu hog / not properly optimised enough so would not recommend using it.
    Ondemand seems to work the best. May look into porting other governors but not anytime soon :)

8) Slightly modified touchscreen driver

decreased the tsp_threshold level for 50 to 20.
    You can set this value manually by
    echo "X amount" > /sys/class/sc/sec_touchscreen/tsp_threshold/

However the problem is that the value gets reset to 50 every time the screens switches off. Hardcoded 20 as the default value it changes to after screen turns off.

Also changed the default ontouch frequency from 500mhz to 800mhz. The voltages for each are roughly the same so should be a wee bit more responsive without impacting battery life. Can set higher if anyone wants this.

Other general stuff - removed some debug info from kernel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EzyKernel Download link

p6800_EzyKernel.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5xkglbje6ndo2ge

Additional Mods:

Kernel works fine with deodexed /odexed system. Theoretically odexed is faster but I cant notice much difference between the two.

1) Deodexed & Zip-aligned Stock System / App folders from the ZSKL2 firmware

Download Links:

(Use Hjsplit or another tool to combine the following into one:)

GTP6800DOX.zip.001
    GTP6800DOX.zip.002
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2pqwdbcox5o7pdv
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6ykpook81both85

GTP6800DOX.zip.001 : D844D0F20CA5C5CA4EDDC2F4BE993FE3
    GTP6800DOX.zip.002 : D0AF7C4B7C43D2F0974DA2E9C42EF5AC

2) Custom boot animation modified from
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=985251(thanks to aph)

Download link:
    bootanimation.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yvpv0y1bgp5bcne

3) Custom init.d scripts for slighty better wifi /ram management.
    There seems to quite a few of these ram/performance scripts flying about. Not tested myself properly as these are os level tweaks so needs some time to adjust for best values i presume.
    literally cut&paste jobbie :D thanks to juwe for his ram tweaks.
    slightly modified: thanks to joker.20 for his general / wifi tweaks http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-ha...imus-3d/145592-tweaks-scripts-collection.html

Download link:
    S97Ramscript
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k45pjvf083d8rp4

Mods for Deodexed system only:

1) Modified Black status bar & Power menu - added reboot / reboot recovery options.

The framework-res.apk contains my grey battery icons mod. You can easily change to blue stock by just copying over the grey icons with the blue ones using winrar for example. (all icons are ok now :))

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zmnbun90z9w0az9

If you found this useful for you please try using one of my apps such as EzyMount which is on the google market:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zymountcontrol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INSTALLATION:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - it seems there maybe a problem flashing kernel through cwm recovery. Samsung are playing games again!! Flashing kernel through stock recovery works. Confirmed working by kazuni & does not increase binary counter :) You still may want to flash kernel via cwm first if you are already using it, then try stock recovery if it does not work for you.

Modified install steps below.

1) Need to be running ZSKL2 based firmware -if yes then just flash kernel in stock recovery

Otherwise follow the steps below
    Download firmware from here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c2c681d/n/P6800ZSKL2_CSC_TGY.exe

Flash in odin

Thanks to xenix96 for this & see his thread for flashing instruction & other useful info

Fortunately, ZSKL2 firmware is not a full wipe firmware. It keeps you apps,settings. I was using ZSLA2 firmware and even after flashing the ZSKL2 firmware, i still had my settings, user data etc.
    Once you change the default language to English you are good to go.
    Off course in any event backup your sdcard contents to an external drive.
    Make a full cwm recovery backup so you can always revert.

2) Root

(see respective threads on how to do so)
    root - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1454112

3) Flash the kernel in stock recovery

Reboot- Finger Crossed everything should run ok :)

4) Flash cwm recovery

cwm - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470896

Should be good to go !!

Install of ExtraMods:

1) System DEODEX - just flash deodex zip in cwm recovery

2) Modified Power menu - flash in cwm recovery

3) Boot animation - manually copy bootanimation.zip over to /system/media/

4) Tweaks script - manually copy over to /etc/init.d/. You may need to mkdir init.d if it does not exist. Set proper permissions (chown root.shell yourscript && chmod +x yourscript - google it!) for any script you place there.

Possible Issues:

(not issues for me - i should add)

1) Kies updates might be broken. If this is a problem for you dont flash.

Personally, until we get an ICS update, i am not bothered with kies or android 3.2 incremental updates.

2) CSC is not for my country. If this is a problem dont flash.
    I am in the uk and the hongkong csc works fine for my mobile provider.

In any event, csc information is stored in cache.img of stock firmwares. You could possibly manually change csc info and see if stock recovery automatically picks its up after flashing cache.img taken from your stock firmware. Might work

3) Flashing custom kernels can increase binary counter

So far flashing in cwm or binary copying zImage does not / should not increase the flash counter. Flashing kernel in odin / download mode will do this. No guarantees. If this is a problem for you dont flash.

source diffs - available once everything has been tested reliably

Usual disclaimer - these mods are to be used at personal risk only !

cheers ezynow
    Reserved for updates, bugs,issues, boootloops etc :)

1) 23/02/20012 - Kernel Bluetooth fix.
    Main kernel downlink link update. Should be fine to flash in cwm recovery if not you may have to try stock recovery.

Some points:

1) I know browser is not the best. But to enable browser at full speed u need to remove cpu limit. Change settings after entering about:debug in address bar.

2) be very careful with setcpu dont apply settings at boot untill sure of settings. It seems to stick settings after freeze. U may have to manually delete setcpu xml files if it happens
    ZSKL2 is P6810 firmware csc zzt for asian countrys

I mean the firmware link ezynow has provided points to the ZSLA2 (LA2) firmware but these modifications of his are for the ZSKL2 (KL2) firmware. So my question is whether the link pointing to the LA2 firmware is the same as KL2 firmware.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I've just noticed ezynow has updated the link to ZSKL2 firmware. Downloading this version now but will hold off install it. Seems some people are having problems...
    Updated the download link in main post.

will try reflashing to stock myself.

It could be samsung has properly prevented flashing of custom kernels through cwm etc.

will do some testing.

I believe you are right.

Scenario 1:

installed ZSKL2, reboot into recovery automatically to apply CSC, reboot into normal screen, reboot into recovery to wipe, reboot into normal, go into odin, flash recovery kernel,reboot into recovery and install root zip, rebootinto recovery and installed ezyNow kernel, bootloop.

Scenario 2:

installed ZSKL2, reboot into recovery automatically to apply CSC, reboot into normal screen, finish setup, reboot into recovery to wipe, reboot into normal, reboot into recovery and install root.zip, reboot into normal, reboot into recovery to install ezyNow kernel, boot fine.

Scenario 3:

Gonna try Scenario 2 with ZSLA2.

All in all, great job! :)

p.s. before scenario 3, i am actually wondering i should install recovery kernel now, but as far as i remember, the recovery kernel install will override your ezyNow kernel install perhaps (on new samsung devices, they do not distinguish kernel and recovery anymore i believe, as I have talked to tegrak about my korean Galaxy Note (SHV-E160S) it takes a lot longer time to create a recovery + kernel mod.)

p.s.2 screenshot of ezy installed:

attachment.php
    I have the same problem .... cant turn on bt

Thanks for the feedback guys- hadnt even tried bt on mine yet :)

I have hopefully fixed the bug, bt is working for me now.

Updated the original download link. Should be able to flash in cwm recovery.

Please report back.

Cheers