[ROM][WIP/DEV] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.3 KitKat (KLTE - UNIFIED) | [June-10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
Exactly he hasn't had time because he's been working extra hard on the ROM we look forward to and of course it the same ROM... Its also right? Its Cm base right...? What's the difference...that its moded...?? At least he's responded... Or would you rather there be nothing? There's some thread we can go to that are dead... At least were keeping this one alive.. Or you know what let's just let these past days go by with no post on this thread.. I mean its not like we get updates anyways...its about to be a month.. And nothing.... This guy got the video playback work in on the ROM for god sakes...Jesus... We don't even have this version with video playback working... Whatever... No ones gonna stand with me and agree everyone too afraid of these mods to speak their mind...?✌dueces...

There was garwynn build that has video playback working or am i wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Exactly he hasn't had time because he's been working extra hard on the ROM we look forward to and of course it the same ROM... Its also right? Its Cm base right...? What's the difference...that its moded...?? At least he's responded... Or would you rather there be nothing? There's some thread we can go to that are dead... At least were keeping this one alive.. Or you know what let's just let these past days go by with no post on this thread.. I mean its not like we get updates anyways...its about to be a month.. And nothing.... This guy got the video playback work in on the ROM for god sakes...Jesus... We don't even have this version with video playback working... Whatever... No ones gonna stand with me and agree everyone too afraid of these mods to speak their mind...��✌dueces...

OMG. maybe i should just close the thread. first off he didnt fix video playback .tom marshal did. all it was was missing vendor libs. it was fixed like two days after i released the build but as i said many times MY BUILD SERVER IS SCREWED. its also a WIP/DEV rom why in the hell are you expecting "updates". it was a preview build to prove we are working on it. but OMG you for one don't deserve anyone's hard work.

edit: here is the commit that fixed video playback.

https://github.com/tdm/proprietary_...mmit/38b0c9cc43099a443d58474bae6c4b2d3f7c928d

you guys act as if these bugs are un-fixable. the only reason they havent been so far it for lack of time and devs working on the phone. there really is only tom garwynn elelinux and i pitched in a bit but they know more then I do. the S4 for starters had steve working on it plus like 5 other really well respected devs...

All of these bugs are normal bringup bugs. on almost every device i've worked on its been this way. usually the first boot you will get audio if your lucky then you gotta play to get the radio to work. then usually camera and gps always need their own specific fixes. almost every time. its nothing new. nor is is rocket science. Its just time consuming and requires a set of skills that not everyone has.

Now really. if this crap continues. i'm gonna have the mods close the thread, and no one will release any more test builds until its done. there shouldnt be any posts anymore UNLESS YOU HAVE A LOG TO POST or a NEW BUG to report

Last edited:

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
@Slicktune

where in any of my posts did i say the wakelock or gps or camera or echo was fixed. i said i was compiling a new build. that was it. You woke up early for a WIP build? what were you expecting. a new build to have everything fixed? you do realize that because of you and comments like yours people have slowed down working on the device? If they say it or not, they have. I know I have. When you check your thread every day and all there are is demanding posts like yours it makes you want to never post another update again... and i'm not alone on this subject. ask any dev. and the UB or whoever he is. all he is doing is compiling garwynns source. garwynn, tom, and elelinux are all using the same source. albeit in a slightly different order but with the same exact fixes. he fixed nothing. all he did was follow their githubs and compile EVERY TIME THEY MADE A CHANGE. even if they didnt. just to get the latest cm updates. as i was going to do before my build server started having a write speed of 200kbs.

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
OP, if you get a chance can you close the thread until something new comes up? Enough is enough. This is getting out of hand.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i dont know if i have the permissions to do so. but i tend to agree. I'd like to think that if i say it one more time dont post if you dont have a log people will actually listen but i know thats wishful thinking

kgyirhj

Jun 16, 2014
Do CyanogenMOD developers aim to support the S5 hardware features like fingerprint scanner and pulse sensor?

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
Do CyanogenMOD developers aim to support the S5 hardware features like fingerprint scanner and pulse sensor?

They do not support any features that are proprietary to any make/model it is just another version of AOSP. Android Open Source Project, typically very vanilla builds/roms. with all the devices cyanogen supports they can't make everything compatible.

magoo5289

Dec 18, 2010
Queens, NY
Well actually there is the build Garwyn put up a couple pages back that has video playback fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It seems to me that the issues with the GPS and camera are driver based. Maybe the applications or pieces need to have a specific name to link to the driver or location needs to be updated. Is there another device that has the same or similar hardware as the S5 with CM support or build that we could use to link to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

dynospectrum

Jan 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
It seems to me that the issues with the GPS and camera are driver based. Maybe the applications or pieces need to have a specific name to link to the driver or location needs to be updated. Is there another device that has the same or similar hardware as the S5 with CM support or build that we could use to link to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
patience ;]

Reactions: nottoosmart

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
Just tested this out on my Sprint 900P. Calls worked without any echo, 3G data worked, but 4G wasn't working. Didn't bother testing the GPS or camera.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
6/10 build from the OP. I don't flash random unofficial builds churned out by a buildbot.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Hmm but that one (6/10) has video
Playback issue.. Unless you flashed the latest one... I think it's 3-2 pages back... Is that the one your talking about?
Thanks in advance!!

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Doesn't matter if someone flashes build 10 or an unofficial one. This rom is an unofficial cm build too. And tbh a rom without working camera and gps AND wakelock is not worth it... Yet.

Reactions: VanillaNexus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    | CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4 - KitKat |

(should work with all klte versions that are qualcomm)

f4oSyQR.jpg

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

If you ask any questions that are answered in the first two posts your question will be ignored. If you don't search prior to posting you will be ignored. If you don't read you will be ignored. If you've done all that and still don't have an answer then feel free to ask your question. Ambiguity doesn't help anymore. Elaborate. It's that simple.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • MMS
    • Audio playback
    • Internal/External SDcard mounting
    • IR Blaster

bJO9QqG.png

• Camera
    • GPS
    • Video playback

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
    • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
      ** (if you are simply applying an update to this rom base this might not always be required)
      *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS (in 2nd post)
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
    Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• Garwynn XDA
    • Tom Marshal (tdm)
    • Cyanogen Inc & Team-Kang
    • elelinux
    • albinoman887 (myself)

a9lll1.png

I really didn't want to do this but people keep asking so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the paypal account may say patricia, this is because it's a family paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

Download link is in 2nd post
    Mod Edit

Thread Cleaned & reopened

Consider this a final warning any off topic can/will result in infractions & or bans. Please abide by the OP's requests.

ronnie498
    Forum Moderator
    Okay, quick As to Qs:

I've a question: is this rom gonna being official when all the bugs will be fixed? Or it will still be unofficial? Thanks! :)

Yes, it will be going official once we get the major issues worked out. But don't expect it to until then.

All other questions about "when" anything are summed up as follows:

Please understand that while we love working on this we have other commitments.
    We're also working in 3 different geographical locations.
    The answer to when is "when it's done." You guys should know by now we'll keep everyone updated.
    If you feel that's vague or insufficient, I can't help you with what we don't have.

With that in mind it would greatly help if we can keep the thread to issues found with these test builds for now.
    Thank you again for your understanding.
    sB7atuO.png

June-10
    * Fixed Auto-Rotation
    * Added support for klteusc (garwynn XDA)
    * Added support for kltedv (SM-G900I) (credit: garwynn XDA)
    * Added support for klteub (SM-G900M) (credit: garwynn XDA)

June-8 initial build
    * initial build
    * Camera is still broken but torch works
    * Menu key fixed
    * Data/Radio/Phone calls fixed
    * Please test other things
    *** NOTE *** This should work on gsm and cdma. but has not been fully tested. let me know if it works then i'll post links in other sections of xda

Because the gapps is still for 4.4.2 you might get a FC on first boot about android.process.acore. just reboot and it should be fine

sq796s.png

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
    CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

l5SakBJ.png

ROM : cm-11-20140610-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip
    GAPPS: : DOWNLOAD
    OK, allow me to link the posts that I put in VanirAOSP. Should give you a good rundown of where it stands:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53265511
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53265643

GSM is fixed as mentioned in this OP by using the hlte workaround method.
    It's not a permanent fix but as it gets it going... something is better than nothing.

Audio: I'm not going to duplicate my G+ posts here but audio was patched around to get it to work.
    I'd put it at about 50% because anything going through the audio router seems to have issues.

Camera: As mentioned any camera app as well as video playback or Youtube is not working.
    Up until the video playback was mentioned I thought this was a camera issue. Now I'm thinking video playback.
    So I will look into this more as soon as I can.

GPS: People mentioned GPS working but if you download one of the GPS test applications and rely on GPS only it never acquired satellites for me. If it is, great. Until I see otherwise I believe this still needs worked on.

Look, I know a lot of folks are hungry for AOSP builds on the S5. But the recent posts on this thread are a clear example of why I didn't post anything and why you're not seeing nightlies. If the basics aren't working on it - and no offense, people go "Shiny ROM - must have!" without reading the notes on the ROM and then asking why known issues aren't working... that just reinforces that it's not ready for prime time yet.

Bottom line: Read the details on these builds and don't expect that these are DDs - they're not there yet.
    I will ask OP to try highlight this as well in the top post.

Now, please keep the thread on topic. If you're downloading this to test then what helps right now is feedback, meaning things that aren't addressed yet, bugreports or logcats. For example, I could really use a bugreport/logcat during the Youtube FC or video playback issue if someone has time. (I'm at the office until 5 pm CT and hard to work on it from here.)

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Now time for me to stop hijacking this thread.