[Q] Help unlocking bootloader w or w/o HTCdev

Search This thread

Gigaman92

Dec 24, 2010
I've got a dilemma where my HTC One's volume rocker doesn't work properly (the volume down button seems to work when it's convenient while the volume up never works). So when I get to the screen where it asks me to confirm the unlocked bootloader, I can't confirm it at all. I've looked into other methods and revone seems to be the most promising. I tried it yesterday and got the error "segmentation fault". Is there another method to unlocking the bootloader aside from HTCDev or a workaround to the volume button problem?

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I've got a dilemma where my HTC One's volume rocker doesn't work properly (the volume down button seems to work when it's convenient while the volume up never works). So when I get to the screen where it asks me to confirm the unlocked bootloader, I can't confirm it at all. I've looked into other methods and revone seems to be the most promising. I tried it yesterday and got the error "segmentation fault", which I found a solution to. Before I try this solution, however, I want to know, is there an easier method?

1st method to unlock bootloader is from htcdev.com which will require your volume button to works.
2nd method require s-off either by using the guru bootloader tool or using dd commands

Reactions: Gigaman92

Gigaman92

Dec 24, 2010
Sorry for the bump. I looked into the Guru bootloader tool and it says I need S-Off as a prerequisite. Revone should be capable of giving me S-off as my HTC One's HBOOT version is 1.44. and its software version is 1.26.502.15. However, I get the Segmentation fault error when I try to run revone. I've read that HBOOT should be dated for May 2013 but mine is dated for July 2013 so that might be why revone doesn't work.

Are there any other solutions to my problem?

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Sorry for the bump. I looked into the Guru bootloader tool and it says I need S-Off as a prerequisite. Revone should be capable of giving me S-off as my HTC One's HBOOT version is 1.44. and its software version is 1.26.502.15. However, I get the Segmentation fault error when I try to run revone. I've read that HBOOT should be dated for May 2013 but mine is dated for July 2013 so that might be why revone doesn't work.

Are there any other solutions to my problem?

You can try to revone using a terminal emulator on your phone. Download a terminal emulator from the Play Store, then follow these steps:

 Download the Revone file and transfer it to your phone (or download on your phone)
 Use a root file explorer and paste the file inside the /data/local/tmp folder
 Open a terminal emulator and type of the following:
su (enter)
cd /data/local/tmp (enter)
chmod 755 revone (enter) (IF revone doesn’t work, type revone.bin)
./revone -P (enter)
 Reboot
 Open terminal again and type:
su (enter)
./revone -s 0 -u (That would be a ZERO) (enter)
 Reboot
 That’s it!

Gigaman92

Dec 24, 2010
You can try to revone using a terminal emulator on your phone. Download a terminal emulator from the Play Store, then follow these steps:

 Download the Revone file and transfer it to your phone (or download on your phone)
 Use a root file explorer and paste the file inside the /data/local/tmp folder
 Open a terminal emulator and type of the following:
su (enter)
chmod 755 revone (enter) (IF revone doesn’t work, type revone.bin)
./revone -P (enter)
 Reboot
 Open terminal again and type:
su (enter)
./revone -s 0 -u (That would be a ZERO) (enter)
 Reboot
 That’s it!

Thanks for the help. However, revone will not work with my phone. Using weaksauce, I was able to root the phone. I tried revone with the phone rooted and got Error 6, so apparently my HBOOT 1.44 is patched. I'm going to try using firewater a bit later today. Wish me luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got a dilemma where my HTC One's volume rocker doesn't work properly (the volume down button seems to work when it's convenient while the volume up never works). So when I get to the screen where it asks me to confirm the unlocked bootloader, I can't confirm it at all. I've looked into other methods and revone seems to be the most promising. I tried it yesterday and got the error "segmentation fault", which I found a solution to. Before I try this solution, however, I want to know, is there an easier method?

1st method to unlock bootloader is from htcdev.com which will require your volume button to works.
    2nd method require s-off either by using the guru bootloader tool or using dd commands