[ROM][2.4.12][2.2.1 FROYO][v1]----StockMOD ROM™---- For the Buzz! ODEXED/DEODEXED

Search This thread

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

THEN COMES DEODEX

Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating the worry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity.

Mind if I add your post to the OP? :D

-Team Inferno

"Quality, not speed"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    StockMOD ROM | Wildfire Edition

Usual Disclaimer:We are NOT responsible for anything that happens to your device.

Please Don't ask for ETAS Thanks :D

Team Inferno Presents

.::StockMOD ROM::.
    ---Redefining Stock---

6826580281_10180ace5e_b.jpg

This is Stock Wildfire ROM with most of Sense removed...

~THERE ARE TWO VERSIONS: DEODEXED, AND ODEXED~

WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

THEN COMES DEODEX

Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating the worry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity. Thanks to slymobi's post

Features:
    -Android 2.2.1
    -Based on Stock
    -SENSELESS :D
    -Custom Launcher
    -zipaligned
    -deodexed/odexed

Bugs:
    -You tell me :)

Instructions on Flashing:
    1) reboot into recovery
    2) DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
    3) wipe data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache
    4) flash ROM
    5) flash optional mods *reboot first*
    first boot will take awhile. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND WAIT :)

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B][I]StockMOD ROM v1 (2.4.12)[/I][/B]
    -[I]Initial Release[/I]

DOWNLOAD:
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST MIRRORS, PLEASE GET MY PERMISSION FIRST. THANKS

DEODEXED:
    buzz_StockMOD ROM_v1.zip

md5: c24cdb5dffaa74955ec33293d0f88597

ODEXED:
    buzz_StockMOD ROM_v1_odex_signed.zip

md5: 8430bfe8d8044e20fb2994fdaf8ff236

-Google/HTC for original ROM
    -dsixda kitchen
    -UOT kitchen
    -xda community

MODS AND EXTRAS IN SECOND POST
    FAQ in third post

IF YOU LIKE THIS, PLEASE HIT THANKS! :D

OLDER DOWNLOADS~
    -none at this time
    What is odexed and deodexed?? can u please explain clearly to me??

WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

THEN COMES DEODEX

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity.
    OP UPDATED WITH SCREENSHOTS :D

This is very interesting and promising! It reminds me of Leaf ROM which all the useless HTC sense stuff had been removed. What about camrecorder? Is it functional?

just tried the camcorder, and it works :D

Question, how far in does this remove Sense?

mostly the launcher, i will work on removing more bloatware in the next update. :)
    Is there anyone alive...?
    link Is dead...! :(
    Yes. Still remember good old xda days