HTC One KitKat Sense 6 Lockscreen Bug

Search This thread

SkryptX

Jun 14, 2014
Hi,

I updated my HTC One today with Sense 6. Only two things are bothering me so far. First the far too big space between the homescreenicons and the dock, but this is a known bug and not really a big deal for me. But the second one is kinda strange and it seems that it didn't happen to anybody else than me. The problem is with the new lockscreen feature. You can swipe up to unlock normal, swipe right for blinkfeed and swipe left for the selected homescreen. But now something strange happens, when I swipe left. I expect to see the homescreen but it goes always to the most left page beside blinkfeed. I tried everything, rearranging, set other pages as homescreen, removing and adding blinkfeed, but neither of them worked. Strangely the homescreenbutton works as usual and jumps to the right page.

I would really appreciate some help or maybe even a reproduction of this bug.

Thanks for any help provided,
SkryptX

PS: Sorry for any grammatical flaws or mistakes :D

benjackington

Nov 10, 2008
I updated to Sense 6 today and am having the same two issues.

Seems like there is a huge a waste of space on the home screen where they now have a few dots just to show which page you are on and then disappear to leave an empty void. Kinda ruins the whole aesthetic for me. Also I have my screens set up so the middle page is my home screen with an extra one either side of it. Swiping left on the lock screen always takes me to the left hand page, not my default one.

Both not huge things, just annoyances really, but would still like a fix.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I updated to Sense 6 today and am having the same two issues.

Seems like there is a huge a waste of space on the home screen where they now have a few dots just to show which page you are on and then disappear to leave an empty void. Kinda ruins the whole aesthetic for me. Also I have my screens set up so the middle page is my home screen with an extra one either side of it. Swiping left on the lock screen always takes me to the left hand page, not my default one.

Both not huge things, just annoyances really, but would still like a fix.

Does nobody have any idea for this problem?

you can use the Xposed framework + Sense 6 toolbox to reduce the gap between icons and the launcher bar or even add another row of icon (5x4 instead of (4x4). The Xposed framework require root access.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

And for the unlock issue, I can confirm its the same for me, doesn't bother me as my home screen is the one beside Blinkfeed. Maybe there is also a xposed module to correct that bug.

SkryptX

Jun 14, 2014
Sadly I don't want to root my phone already... So there is most likely no way to solve this problem?:mad:

But I'll write HTC and ask them if they will release a fix. This is a damn basic function and this can't be so hard to fix this. I don't even know how they managed to overlook such an obvious bug...

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Sadly I don't want to root my phone already... So there is most likely no way to solve this problem?:mad:
just wait for an update, or use the screen next to blinkfeed as your homescreen.

I don't even know how they managed to overlook such an obvious bug...
well there are thousand of things to check when releasing an update, its quite easy to miss such a minor bug. And this is not so obvious, I did not realized it myself before trying it after I saw this thread.