Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
LATEST VERSION as of 20 OCTOBER 2013

Xposed Framework Installer : version 2.3.1

App Settings Module
: version 1.5

See also the XPOSED FRAMEWORK WEBSITE for the latest versions and other xposed modules.

***************************************************************************************************************************************
Below this line are ARCHIVED INFO. For the latest DOWNLOADS, INFO, DISCUSSIONS and for
TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES, please GO DIRECTLY to the DEDICATED THREAD maintained
by @rovo89 for XPOSED INSTALLER and by @Tungstwenty for APP SETTINGS MODULE.​

Have FUN using the XPOSED FRAMEWORK!​
***************************************************************************************************************************************

Changelog for Xposed Installer version 2.1.4:
- Support for Galaxy S4 and HTC One
- Should install fine now even if BusyBox is not installed
- Installation tries to continue even if mounting /system writeable fails
- Xposed won't be initialized anymore for broadcasts from su to koush's Superuser implementation (distributed with CM) to avoid many log entries (same was already done for two other Superuser apps)

Changelog for AppSettings version 0.4:
- Show progress while loading app list
- Allow apps to display on top of a secure lockscreen (use carefully)
- Force app auto rotation even when the system-wide setting is disabled
- Automatically fix permission for the settings file when opening the configuration window
- Filter apps by used permission

To disable Xposed framework and all modules, just flash Xposed-Disabler-CWM.zip

For first time users, Install as described below. For those who already have the old versions installed, just install the new versions on top of the old.

OP will be updated with new version as they come.

For the latest versions and other modules, for problem solving discussions, you can visit the following threads: here, here, here.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

With permission from rovo89 and tungstwenty, I would like to introduce to you the Xposed Framework by rovo89 and the per app density app by Tungstwenty. You can find out more information about the Xposed framework here and here. The Xposed framework is a powerful framework in that mods like call recording, etc. persists even if you update your ROM. There is no longer a need to modify apks like SecPhone.apk just to get call recording and so with other mods. Not all mods are supported but a lot of them if only devs will support the development and use of the framework. This post just deals with the per app density app by tungstwenty. Credits go to rovo89 and tungstwenty. please send them your appreciation.

A Little Introduction

Some ROMs use 240 dpi. Others 213 dpi. And the problem with changing dpis is that you need to mod stock apps to look nice on the selected dpi because they don't scale very well. Samsung did not create them to scale well at different dpis. So the solution was either replace them with alternative apps from the Play Store or mod the apps to fit the selected dpi. Here comes the per app density module running on top of the xposed framework.

Another scenario is the note is a big phone with a bigger real estate than other phones but it is not taking advantage of its real estate because it just uses the phoneUI of installed apps. With the per app density module, you can now choose whether you want the Phablet UI or Tablet UI or Phone UI of your favourite apps.

I have tested this with rooted deodex XXLSC/XXLSA/XXLS7/XXLS2. I believe it may work for rooted ICS and other rooted JB versions.
Will it work on odex roms? Yes, if you are rooted.
Will it work for CM10? I haven't tested it myself, but the author of the framework made this based on AOSP, and CM is the closest relative of AOSP (closer than TW, Sense, Motoblur). The author himself is using this on his GS2 with CM10.1.
Will this work with other phones? Yes, but there is only one way to find out. TRY. :)

How to Install?
Make a nandroid backup. Works only on a rooted ROM.
Download the XposedInstaller apk and install it. Launch it and grant it root pernissions. Then press Install/Update button. Then reboot.
Download the Per App Density Setting apk and install it.
Launch the Xposed Framework App then in the module tab, enable the Per App Density Module. Then reboot.
Launch the Per App Settings app and there you can now set per app density for all apps listed.

Warning: This is a powerful framework, and if you are not careful about the settings you use, you might mess up your apps or system UI.

EXAMPLE:

Note: The examples below assume you are using the stock unmodded apps (meaning if you are using the 240 modded apps then the settings below wont work).

1. Fixing the camera layout if you are on 240 or 213 or whatever custom dpi.
a. Launch the PerAppSetting app. It will list all available apps you can tweak.
b. Look for the Camera app then click on it. Then on the top right corner there is a slider to enable it.
c. set dpi to 320 then choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box. Press the Save button located on the Title bar. Then Press the Play button located beside the Save button. That's it. Your camera now fits like it used to be.

* You can have the same dpi setting for the voice recorder, fmradio, diary, clock, splanner, task manager, multiwindow flashbar.

2. Fixing the dialer layout if you are on 240 or 213 or whatever custom dpi.
a. Launch the PerAppSetting app.
b. Look for the Contacts app then click on it. Then on the top right corner there is a slider to enable it.
c. Set dpi to 320 then choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. Setting the Contacts app also sets the Dialer app as they always go together (kind of inseparable twins).

3. How to enable Tablet UI for Play Store.
b. Look for Play Store app then set dpi to 160 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box. Save.
c. Look for com.google.android.gsf app then set dpi to 160 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box. Save.
d. Run the Play Store and be amazed.

Settings I have tested:

How to Enable Phone UI for Apps (depends on app if it has phone UI support).
- Set dpi to 320 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. You may also choose between 214 to 320 dpi.

How to Enable Phablet UI for Apps (depends on app if it has phablet UI support).
- Set dpi to 213 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. You may also choose between 213 to 178 dpi.

How to Enable Tablet UI for Apps (depends on app if it has tablet UI support).
- Set dpi to 177 or 160 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. You may also choose any value between 177 to 160 dpi.

So drop by here once in a while to see or share your settings that work for you for the benefit of others. Please show some appreciation if it worked for you. Share and post what works and what doesn't.

* Some errors can be fixed by just uninstalling previous versions and downloading and reinstalling new versions of the xposed framework/app settings module and your APPS.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

DID YOU KNOW?

* The per App Settings Module also enable you to control permissions for your apps. Of course, some apps may malfunction if important permissions are revoked.

* Other Xposed modules you maybe interested.

- Call Recording In areas where call recording is legal.
- Disable SMS to MMS Conversion

For the latest versions and other modules, you can visit the following threads: here, here, here.

Attachments

• AppSettings_0.3.apk
    68.9 KB · Views: 7,767
  • AppSettings_0.4.apk
    72.4 KB · Views: 44,198
  • XposedInstaller_2.1.4.apk
    537 KB · Views: 42,399
  • Xposed_Installer_v2.3.1.apk
    471.6 KB · Views: 9,907
  • App_Settings_v1.5.apk
    79.8 KB · Views: 28,809
Last edited:

tonyking

Dec 19, 2010
New Delhi
Awesome bro its working thanks for this gr8 app :good:

edit :- can you just share how to set dialer dpi i had tried but its not working

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosli59564

Lakota

Apr 14, 2006
It doesn't work on my Phone or Dialler apps. I can press the save button and I get the message about killing the app but once I've saved it the Play button doesn't do anything. It appears to be greyed out.
EDIT: I just noticed a message on these apps in red that says "Shared packages not yet supported".

Other apps I have tried are working great.

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
I am getting an error when I try to install the framwork.
Cannot read data/xposed/modules/whitelist

And there is some problem with mounting the filesystem
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

djoni_gitara

Apr 9, 2012
Slavonski Brod - Zagreb
youtu.be
So what are you running? ICS, JB?
Feedback would be useful. I can't get my dialer to change. The play arrow is greyed out.

On Alliance JB xxlsc beta1.1 with 240dpi mod.

Only thing that I do, and which it is not mention in OP is: just pulling the contacts.apk from original .zip of alliance xxlsc (which is 320dpi, and my contacts.apk was modded for 240dpi and not nice looking), replaced it with the old one in preload\system\app\, reboot,

then do like OP says, open per-app and set it to 320. Now phone dialer is bigger, and thats the way it should be, because it is more finger friendly

that is how it worked for me ;)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Guys I still csnt install it! Anyone? Any idea???

realy dont know, it is working like charm for me..

on which rom you are, do you have root acces?

Last edited:
Reactions: angus_mcfisher

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
On Alliance JB xxlsc beta1.1 with 240dpi mod.

Only thing that I do, and which it is not mention in OP is: just pulling the secphone.apk from original .zip of alliance xxlsc (which is 320dpi, and my secphone.apk was modded for 240dpi and not nice looking), replaced it with the old one in preload\system\app\, reboot,

then do like OP says, open per-app and set it to 320. Now phone dialer is bigger, and thats the way it should be, because it is more finger friendly

that is how it worked for me ;)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

realy dont know, it is working like charm for me..

on which rom you are, do you have root acces?

I am on sva 5.1 ubls4 jb leak 4.1.2 i have root access ofc :)

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

What is your busybox versions guys? Mine is 1.20.2-jb

djoni_gitara

Apr 9, 2012
Slavonski Brod - Zagreb
youtu.be
I am on sva 5.1 ubls4 jb leak 4.1.2 i have root access ofc :)

sorry mate, realy dont know why, but it smells me like partial root or something :confused:

just for notice: what I experience every time i flashed various JB leaks roms. Flashed normaly, without any troubles, superSU update normaly, it prompt me for root acces when doing some random root stuff. But when i install Solidexplorer and then try to go system\root (for changing some apps etc..) it prompt me that i dont have busybox installed, then I installed it from market (the solidexplorer busybox),update then reboot.
After that I fell like I have full root now, until then it looks like partial root.
I dont know whats realy happening there, but thats the way how it work for me

Thats is my experience, if it can help you in someway.

Last edited:

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
Ichave root as i sad. I can modify systeam apps. Like i had to hide system/xbin/su and rename superuser.apk coz the fcking barclays mobile app root security :D so after all i have root :)

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
xperiacle is a great asset to any forum :good:

loving all the feedback in here....

just wondering if we can change the flashbar and weather widget......

definitely gonna try this :p

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
What should we do abou xposedbridge.jar??? I really cant understand this.m :( i have root for sure.

nanomet

Feb 16, 2009
it seems your rom use preload and symlink system to it, instead of system itself, if so you need to replace the apk file before set dpi

I guess so, you can check in the SVA rom thread to confirm use of preload, then hope xperiacle advise more on using his mod on symlink-ed system

What should we do abou xposedbridge.jar??? I really cant understand this.m :( i have root for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: rraaka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LATEST VERSION as of 20 OCTOBER 2013

Xposed Framework Installer : version 2.3.1

App Settings Module
    : version 1.5

See also the XPOSED FRAMEWORK WEBSITE for the latest versions and other xposed modules.

Below this line are ARCHIVED INFO. For the latest DOWNLOADS, INFO, DISCUSSIONS and for
    TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES, please GO DIRECTLY to the DEDICATED THREAD maintained
    by @rovo89 for XPOSED INSTALLER and by @Tungstwenty for APP SETTINGS MODULE.​

Have FUN using the XPOSED FRAMEWORK!​

Changelog for Xposed Installer version 2.1.4:
    - Support for Galaxy S4 and HTC One
    - Should install fine now even if BusyBox is not installed
    - Installation tries to continue even if mounting /system writeable fails
    - Xposed won't be initialized anymore for broadcasts from su to koush's Superuser implementation (distributed with CM) to avoid many log entries (same was already done for two other Superuser apps)

Changelog for AppSettings version 0.4:
    - Show progress while loading app list
    - Allow apps to display on top of a secure lockscreen (use carefully)
    - Force app auto rotation even when the system-wide setting is disabled
    - Automatically fix permission for the settings file when opening the configuration window
    - Filter apps by used permission

To disable Xposed framework and all modules, just flash Xposed-Disabler-CWM.zip

For first time users, Install as described below. For those who already have the old versions installed, just install the new versions on top of the old.

OP will be updated with new version as they come.

For the latest versions and other modules, for problem solving discussions, you can visit the following threads: here, here, here.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

With permission from rovo89 and tungstwenty, I would like to introduce to you the Xposed Framework by rovo89 and the per app density app by Tungstwenty. You can find out more information about the Xposed framework here and here. The Xposed framework is a powerful framework in that mods like call recording, etc. persists even if you update your ROM. There is no longer a need to modify apks like SecPhone.apk just to get call recording and so with other mods. Not all mods are supported but a lot of them if only devs will support the development and use of the framework. This post just deals with the per app density app by tungstwenty. Credits go to rovo89 and tungstwenty. please send them your appreciation.

A Little Introduction

Some ROMs use 240 dpi. Others 213 dpi. And the problem with changing dpis is that you need to mod stock apps to look nice on the selected dpi because they don't scale very well. Samsung did not create them to scale well at different dpis. So the solution was either replace them with alternative apps from the Play Store or mod the apps to fit the selected dpi. Here comes the per app density module running on top of the xposed framework.

Another scenario is the note is a big phone with a bigger real estate than other phones but it is not taking advantage of its real estate because it just uses the phoneUI of installed apps. With the per app density module, you can now choose whether you want the Phablet UI or Tablet UI or Phone UI of your favourite apps.

I have tested this with rooted deodex XXLSC/XXLSA/XXLS7/XXLS2. I believe it may work for rooted ICS and other rooted JB versions.
    Will it work on odex roms? Yes, if you are rooted.
    Will it work for CM10? I haven't tested it myself, but the author of the framework made this based on AOSP, and CM is the closest relative of AOSP (closer than TW, Sense, Motoblur). The author himself is using this on his GS2 with CM10.1.
    Will this work with other phones? Yes, but there is only one way to find out. TRY. :)

How to Install?
    Make a nandroid backup. Works only on a rooted ROM.
    Download the XposedInstaller apk and install it. Launch it and grant it root pernissions. Then press Install/Update button. Then reboot.
    Download the Per App Density Setting apk and install it.
    Launch the Xposed Framework App then in the module tab, enable the Per App Density Module. Then reboot.
    Launch the Per App Settings app and there you can now set per app density for all apps listed.

Warning: This is a powerful framework, and if you are not careful about the settings you use, you might mess up your apps or system UI.

EXAMPLE:

Note: The examples below assume you are using the stock unmodded apps (meaning if you are using the 240 modded apps then the settings below wont work).

1. Fixing the camera layout if you are on 240 or 213 or whatever custom dpi.
    a. Launch the PerAppSetting app. It will list all available apps you can tweak.
    b. Look for the Camera app then click on it. Then on the top right corner there is a slider to enable it.
    c. set dpi to 320 then choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box. Press the Save button located on the Title bar. Then Press the Play button located beside the Save button. That's it. Your camera now fits like it used to be.

* You can have the same dpi setting for the voice recorder, fmradio, diary, clock, splanner, task manager, multiwindow flashbar.

2. Fixing the dialer layout if you are on 240 or 213 or whatever custom dpi.
    b. Look for the Contacts app then click on it. Then on the top right corner there is a slider to enable it.
    c. Set dpi to 320 then choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. Setting the Contacts app also sets the Dialer app as they always go together (kind of inseparable twins).

3. How to enable Tablet UI for Play Store.
    b. Look for Play Store app then set dpi to 160 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box. Save.
    c. Look for com.google.android.gsf app then set dpi to 160 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box. Save.
    d. Run the Play Store and be amazed.

Settings I have tested:

How to Enable Phone UI for Apps (depends on app if it has phone UI support).
    - Set dpi to 320 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. You may also choose between 214 to 320 dpi.

How to Enable Phablet UI for Apps (depends on app if it has phablet UI support).
    - Set dpi to 213 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. You may also choose between 213 to 178 dpi.

How to Enable Tablet UI for Apps (depends on app if it has tablet UI support).
    - Set dpi to 177 or 160 and choose 800x1280 on the dropdown box then save. You may also choose any value between 177 to 160 dpi.

So drop by here once in a while to see or share your settings that work for you for the benefit of others. Please show some appreciation if it worked for you. Share and post what works and what doesn't.

* Some errors can be fixed by just uninstalling previous versions and downloading and reinstalling new versions of the xposed framework/app settings module and your APPS.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

DID YOU KNOW?

* The per App Settings Module also enable you to control permissions for your apps. Of course, some apps may malfunction if important permissions are revoked.

* Other Xposed modules you maybe interested.

- Call Recording In areas where call recording is legal.
    - Disable SMS to MMS Conversion

For the latest versions and other modules, you can visit the following threads: here, here, here.
    New version of Xposed Installer, supporting android all JB including 4.3

http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
    If you have YouTube version 4.1.47 installed (google search youtube 4.1.47 apk) and set
    DPI:213
    800x1280
    tablet Checked

you will get the cool sphere effect on your YouTube home screen.

tested on ICS galaxy note.
    This apps is awesome! thanks a lot. :D

Below is my own DPI & Screen (dp) setup for my Sony Xperia Z. :)

Home Launcher
    - Search ro.sf.lcd_density=480 at system/build.prop and change the value to 320
    - Change Font size to Large at Settings
    9348497646_5f9b6a92ae_d.jpg

Contacts & Phone
    - Change Contacts to DPI 390 & Screen (dp) 320x480
    - Change Phone to DPI 480 & Screen (dp) 320x480
    9348497990_1aa05ce07d_d.jpg

Messaging
    - Change to DPI 373
    9348497884_92f5f5f8d1_d.jpg

Settings
    - Change to DPI 270 & Screen (dp) 1000x1600
    9348497606_b8cba46c96_d.jpg

Calendar
    - Change to DPI 320 & Screen (dp) 800x1280
    9348497404_932574cc7f_d.jpg

Clock
    - Change to DPI 420 & Screen (dp) 320x480
    9345708943_c25f2234d4_d.jpg

Email
    - Change to DPI 280 & Screen (dp) 800x1280
    9345709451_cd0876129c_d.jpg

Gmail
    - Change to Screen (dp) 800x1280
    9348497084_f4fa8cf207_d.jpg

TrackID
    - Change to DPI 240 & Screen (dp) 1000x1600
    9345709403_deae4a4f30_d.jpg

Flipboard
    - Change to Screen (dp) 800x1280
    9345838093_a570c4e70c_d.jpg

Others Apps
    • Facebook - DPI 380
    • Facebook Messenger - DPI 320 & Font scale 133
    • WeChat - DPI 420
    • Viber - DPI 380
    • WhatsApp - DPI 380
    • Calculator - DPI 505, Screen (dp) 320x480 & Fullscreen
    • AmGenie - DPI 360
    • Camera - DPI 400 & Screen (dp) 480x854
    • Cameras (widget) - DPI 480 & Screen (dp) 320x480
    • jetVD - DPI 380 & Screen (dp) 320x480
    • Root Explorer - DPI 360
    • Translate - DPI 360
    • 中华万年历 - DPI 430 & Screen (dp) 320x480
    Has anyone noticed we can get home screen and app drawer rotation on touchwiz launcher by changing the resolution to 1280x800?