Storage encrypted suddenly

Search This thread

gentooMueLLe

Nov 19, 2008
Hi everyone

I have a strange problem with my xperia M. Somewhen today the Play Store and some other apps crashed so I decided to reboot. The last reboot is about thre days ago. After startup i got a starnge screen asking me for a password to unlock the storage. I have absoltely no idea what this screen is as I have never seen it before. I attatched a screenshot of the phone.
I have never entered a password to encrypt the data on that device. After trying around a bit I called the sony support. They told me to reset the phone using the sony software. But doing this will delete all my data :(

What I can do to get my data back? And why is my phone suddenly encrypted?

I use Stock ROM think it was 4.2.1 or something. Locked Bootloader not rooted.

Rgds
gentooMueLLe

edit:The time shown on the password screen is not my local time. this is also a litlle bit strange to me

Attachments

• DSC_0279.jpg
    DSC_0279.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 734
Last edited:

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Are you really sure that nobody accidentally encrypted your phone? This are bad news, as far as I know, unless you discover that password, the only way to fix that will be wiping your device =/

gentooMueLLe

Nov 19, 2008
Hi folks

thanks for your replies. I am absolutely sure that I have not actively encrypted the device. I think the process of encryption takes several hours what I should have recognized.
Is it possible that some kind of virus has encrypted the device?

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Hi folks

thanks for your replies. I am absolutely sure that I have not actively encrypted the device. I think the process of encryption takes several hours what I should have recognized.
Is it possible that some kind of virus has encrypted the device?

As far as i know, it is impossible or really hard to get a virus on a phone

Sent from my C2004 using xda app-developers app

gentooMueLLe

Nov 19, 2008
As far as i know, it is impossible or really hard to get a virus on a phone

Sent from my C2004 using xda app-developers app

Thats also my oppinon. for that reason I dont have virus protection software or something similar on my device. As I even have not installed anything since the last reboot I cant imagine that there is a virus on my phone.

Is it possible to encrypt the device remote. I think my google account was hacked, as my password was not valid anymore....
I have never thougt about encryption, so I dont know much about this topic.

Thanks for your help

xilhamax

Nov 12, 2016
is there any solution yet?

I know this thread almost 3 years posted, but I really need to know about how to decrypt it. My friend has an encrypted C2004 and I'm interested to make her phone be mine. Do you guys here have any idea? thx in advance.