your next phone?

Search This thread

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
i dunno about you guys but i gave up on htc long ago so ill be skipping the htc one announced today. ill be waiting for the galaxy s 4 this spring or summer.

thoughts?

Reactions: boodies

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
Next phone? geez i just got this one! wont be a next phone for a while... im gonna let the market playout and by the time im ready to replace my N2 phones will have evolved into something different and worth while... im not into paying for suttle changes every 6 months

long live the N2 (i hope, lol)

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
The galaxy s 4 will be a pretty big update. Lets face it its hard to keep your current phone for 2 years. Im lucky if i do for 4 months lol. Im going to wait until june-july and buy the gs4. The note 2 will be the second longest phone ive held on to since the evo4g.

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
From phandroid 2/16/13 "According to a PDF file from South Korean financial services company Mirae Asset Group, Samsung’:Dupcoming top-selling device will have a 5-inch 1920x1080p display, Android 4.2 and 2 GB of RAM. It is also stated that it will not feature that super-charged octa-core Exynos 5410 processor we saw at CES. Instead, the Galaxy S4 should have an Exynos 5440 quad-core Cortex A15 processor."

I agree... its a big update, coming from the S2 or similar phone, coming from the N2, not so much. 5" screen, granted, higher res but at the distance we hold our phones i doubt you'll see much of a difference, same size ram as the N2, no S-pen...

Speculated, 13 MP camera is nice tho....if it does incorporate it

Its just not that impresive to me yet. But if u got the means to upgrade every 4 to 6 months then more power to you.... :D

I'll wait for bigger changes

The galaxy s 4 will be a pretty big update. Lets face it its hard to keep your current phone for 2 years. Im lucky if i do for 4 months lol. Im going to wait until june-july and buy the gs4. The note 2 will be the second longest phone ive held on to since the evo4g.

Rslade

Jan 27, 2013
Columbus
Yea I dont see much of a gap between note 2 and a s4. As long as we can flash a 5.0 os when it comes out were good with note2 imo

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: boodies

jcarter241

Feb 16, 2013
I'm interested in the Motorola X. It's rumored to have a Razor Max battery life and ship with key lime pie. It sounds like a beast

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
I should have this phone for at least a year. I can't imagine getting a larger note unless the actually body doesn't get any larger. Edge to edge screen? :)

Sent from galaxy note 2, tablet in my pocket! ^_^

Assassin713

Feb 20, 2013
Houston
Probably the HTC one that T-Mobile is releasing later but I doubt it cause I just got this phone in Christmas lol wish I was rich

Sent from the best phone in the World!! Galaxy Note 2

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
Only thing I want from the one is the camera. Looks pretty awesome. Other than that, htc is more fail than innovation recently, they need to do something awesome to turn the tide.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

nmw407

Mar 2, 2009
Since I only buy phones when upgrade time rolls around, the next phone isn't for 2 more years, and by then the tech will have jumped way far away than I can think.

So the GN2 will be it for quite a while.

Reactions: rlee008

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
Nah, ill be waiting on the note 4 in two years maybe lol. The note 2 is a beast. Honestly in terms of real world use what more could you be looking for in a phone? Our phone literally never lags, has lte coming, great design, great community etc.... I mean honestly what is the point. I understand in the past it might have been worth the upgrade to get a phone with "less lag" or "better battery" or "better screen" but I dont see that here. I have the means to upgrade every week if I wanted to but im not blinded by spec sheets and hype. My note 2 is a monster in all aspects of a phone and until something actually revolutionary comes out (second iteration of google glasses maybe), this will be my phone for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

el0heem

Apr 2, 2009
pittsburg, ca
I agree with others who say this phone is plenty for the time being. I cant imagine other phones allowing me to do half the stuff I do with this phone.

that being said, my girlfriend has an upgrade coming in just a few months, and I'm considering applying pressure towards the new blackberry OS. from what ive seen on youtube videos, it looks pretty neat. all its lacking is android apps lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

mike2518

Sep 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Same feeling here. This is the best phone I've ever used over the past 5 years. Nothing touches this beast. It's f**ukin awesome! I'm gonna try holding on to this for atleast a year, if not more. The only thing that has peaked my interest is the upcoming Motorola x phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: nuBex86
Waiting for autumn/winter before getting another device. I am curious about Galaxy Note 3 coming about that time. But I will wait until then before making my next choice.

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)

Last edited:

stretchwookie

Next phone? geez i just got this one! wont be a next phone for a while... im gonna let the market playout and by the time im ready to replace my N2 phones will have evolved into something different and worth while... im not into paying for suttle changes every 6 months

This ^
I should have this phone for at least a year. I can't imagine getting a larger note unless the actually body doesn't get any larger. Edge to edge screen? :)

Sent from galaxy note 2, tablet in my pocket! ^_^

SUPER this ^
Nah, ill be waiting on the note 4 in two years maybe lol. The note 2 is a beast. Honestly in terms of real world use what more could you be looking for in a phone? Our phone literally never lags, has lte coming, great design, great community etc.... I mean honestly what is the point. I understand in the past it might have been worth the upgrade to get a phone with "less lag" or "better battery" or "better screen" but I dont see that here. I have the means to upgrade every week if I wanted to but im not blinded by spec sheets and hype. My note 2 is a monster in all aspects of a phone and until something actually revolutionary comes out (second iteration of google glasses maybe), this will be my phone for the foreseeable future.

Read my mind for this ^

jaekidd1012

Nov 27, 2007
New York, NY
I don't know yet. I'll see what this year holds. The HTC One is tempting and ticks a few of the right checkboxes (aluminum build, front-facing stereo speakers and integrated IR port, to name a few) but I think the likelihood of me going for that phone is slim. The SGNII has spoiled me quite a bit.

If I had to guess, the SGS4 would have a 5" or so 1080p display, 12 or so MP camera and [hopefully] come in 32 and 64 GB versions with MicroSD support and would be a prime candidate for my next phone...until the Galaxy Note 3 is released LOL.

A L3G3ND4RY Galaxy [SGH-T889 Galaxy Note II]

bipoler

Jan 26, 2009
www.youtube.com
From phandroid 2/16/13 "According to a PDF file from South Korean financial services company Mirae Asset Group, Samsung’:Dupcoming top-selling device will have a 5-inch 1920x1080p display, Android 4.2 and 2 GB of RAM. It is also stated that it will not feature that super-charged octa-core Exynos 5410 processor we saw at CES. Instead, the Galaxy S4 should have an Exynos 5440 quad-core Cortex A15 processor."

I agree... its a big update, coming from the S2 or similar phone, coming from the N2, not so much. 5" screen, granted, higher res but at the distance we hold our phones i doubt you'll see much of a difference, same size ram as the N2, no S-pen...

Speculated, 13 MP camera is nice tho....if it does incorporate it

Its just not that impresive to me yet. But if u got the means to upgrade every 4 to 6 months then more power to you.... :D

I'll wait for bigger changes

The camera "upgrade" isn't much better unless the lens is a wider scope. Without that differences will be dismal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note 3.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

What exactly within Android Jelly Bean + that doesn't work quite right for you?

Summary of Devices

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

If you are talking about the MultiWindow and the cpu exploit, that is Samsung issues and not Android itself.

If you are taking about home launchers, that manufacturers add on, that is the manufacturer's issues. Which is one of the reasons why some people go for Nexus. So they can have Android without manufacturer's home launchers. You also have your own choice of home launchers too. Apple don't give you that choice. It is Apple's home launcher or the highway. Which is one of several reasons that some people say that Apple is not innovating. I don't see this as Android experimenting, but creating choice.

Are you talking about the way manufacturers try to prevent rooting and using roms? This is what manufacturers have to do to please carriers and to protect their own interests. And no different from what Apple does.

Are you talking about the mass of roms? Like I said above, rooting and using roms is not the intent of these devices. So that becomes your own choice and risk. This is what Apple prevents. Some see it as preventing the dangers of experimenting. While others find Apple's restriction as prevention of user's choice. But the point is you don't have to root or rom to use Android.

Are you talking about the delay of Android updates? This is due to both manufacturers and carriers alike. Still see more updates from Android than from iOS.

Are you talking about the innovative features that you see from Android and Android manufacturers like Samsung? Quirkiness goes with innovation. You see the same quirks with Apple innovation as you do with Android innovation. You remember Apple's maps in iOS?

Are you talking about the quirkiness of downloading iTunes music into Android devices? That is due to Apple's control over their own ecosystem and not Android itself. There are Android apps to make it easier to download iTunes music into Android devices. There is also Amazon music and Google Play Music that is easy to download and sync music with Android devices. But iTunes issues is totally due to Apple protecting their ecosystem. That is Apple's bad.

Are you talking about some Android apps not as polished as may want them? The openness of Open Source in Android allows more application development than iOS. Within this openness you will get some apps not as polished as you may want them. But there are many very polished apps for just about everything you want to do within the Android ecosystem. It is your choice which apps you use and how much money you willing to pay for the apps.

Android comes down to choice.

So what is in Android that doesn't work for you?

Summary of Devices

Most of the ROMS work just fine, and there is nothing experimental about stock. TW works perfectly. I'd have a very difficult time going back to IPhone. Hell, I even hate my iPod now.

P.S. I'd rather have 10 different 99% working ROMS than 1, 7 year old 100% boring OS. Just my .02.

TWEAKED 1.4™