[ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) [BETA 03/11/2012]

Search This thread

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
That call thing is an issue. Get the catlog if you can. Im having the backlight issue too tho

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

brandonmangan

Apr 14, 2009
San Angelo TX
I tried flashing this with clockwork recovery with a factory reset. I also flashed gapps before rebooting and when I tried to reboot couldn't get past boot animation. I let it sit for about 5 good minutes but it never moved past boot animation. Had to do a sbf flash.

Should I have booted before flashing gapps?

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

I also got a bootloop when I flashed this via koush CWM, I sbf'd then installed the aosp cm9 with cwm, installed hash safestrap and flashed this aokp with no issues, V6 on both. Idk if its a clockwork error or if we just both had bad downloads, either way i'd say going with safestrap this time is a better bet. The customization aokp allows is worth it imo.

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
I also got a bootloop when I flashed this via koush CWM, I sbf'd then installed the aosp cm9 with cwm, installed hash safestrap and flashed this aokp with no issues, V6 on both. Idk if its a clockwork error or if we just both had bad downloads, either way i'd say going with safestrap this time is a better bet. The customization aokp allows is worth it imo.

+1...Safestrap really is the way to go. I've never had any issues with any of Hash's ROMs once I started using it. Not to mention that it allows you to keep your stock rooted system intact for easy recovery if you ever need it. :)

D3 AOKP

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Anyone else have an issue with the keyboard backlight?
Also, some calls will act like they are going to complete and they do but there is no audio. Anyone know of a workaround for these 2 issues?

Using the verizon d3 CDMA if that matters.

Thanks

Keyboard backlight is a known issue, and Hash is on it. The call connection isn't something I've had a problem with, but enough people have, that I think it's something Hash may be looking at as well.

D3 AOKP

viperhrdtp

Jul 11, 2007
What's the easiest way to get a logcat of the phone issue. Does that go into a specific log or is it all one log? Also, is that log wiped on reboot?
Sorry for such an amateur question. I'd like to contribute to tracking the bugs as much as possible. Thanks.

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
just download catlog or similar app and when the problem appears next send a logcat to hashcode and tell him what the issue was. if you dont mind PMing me also

SrulDog

Apr 28, 2011
wonky apps

a few apps are acting really weird for me. Most notable is Opera Mobile Browser - after I launch it, I just get a black screen.

haztv

Jun 1, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
Didn't notice the ability to set the keyboard shortcuts on this rom and now that I think about it the way the apps section is setup in ics I'm not sure I've seen it in the other ics build either. I know these aren't complete yet but I'm just making sure I'm not missing it like I was missing the "unknown sources" option

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
They didnt change the identification thing for it. But we cant use it either way, its a thing with the rendering of the pages. Someone sent hashcode a fix for it earlier but hash didnt think it lookd lik it workd. Maybe he'll report back later.

sarreq

Aug 31, 2010
Well, just installed this,and... I see you guys are Bronies.

Interesting.....

;p

Cheezhead19

Jan 7, 2012
I believe there is a fix to make it load, but until hash fixed the hw codecs it will still just load blank pages

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

meklord

Aug 12, 2007
Exactly.
Without OpenGL Chrome won't render the html. Without H/W codecs OpenGL won't function.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it IS NOT Bootstrap compatible. It bootlooped for me as well.

On a side note, my home screen doesn't rotate when the keyboard is opened. I have ticked auto rotate in Display, Accessibility, and ROM Settings.

Last edited:

The-Captain

Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2011
Camera still doesn't work for me... . Am I do something wrong???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

Android is all about choices. And here's another choice for AOSP ROM:

"AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) is a built from source ROM similar to CyanogenMod (but different).
    I didn't create AOKP, I only ported it to the Droid 3.

You can visit the AOKP website here:
    http://forum.aokp.co/

Their developers include: Roman, Zaphod-Beeblebrox, Whitehawkx, and more.
    The future of AOKP is quite bright as new features are popping up all the time.

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

GITHUB sources are here:
    https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

FOR DEVS: You can check out the local_manifest.xml for getting this ROM up and running here:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/android_local_STS/tree/ics-aokp

WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
    Better Camera function (FFC, Face detect, etc in progress)
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

ENJOY!

Screenshots:
    AOKP-Settings_480.png
    AOKP-ROMControl_480.png
    AOKP-Toggles_480.png
    cm-9-20120815-UNOFFICIAL-solana- http://www.mediafire.com/?32qdljchw8n11af

aokp_solana_milestone-6-20120725- http://www.mediafire.com/?k33emb3uxphnbf9

Gummy_solana-Release-2012-07-06-08_27- http://www.mediafire.com/?56qr0dl018btda3

This are all latest non kexec builds

Hope I helped you :)

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
    Over the next week or 2, I'm going back over each device to see if I can make some changes in how wifi and bluetooth work.

I know these are fairly big problem areas in the ROMs. But the changes require new kernel modules to be built and some new configurations to test, so I just haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for being patient.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA
    KNOWN ISSUES:

Camera: FFC, and ICS functions are in progress
    HW Codecs: in progress
    GSM Data issues
    Vibrate issues?
    I have a new build up for AOKP D3 (it's build 29 tho):

http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/solana/aokp/DROID3-AOKP-04-06-SELFKANG.zip
    md5sum: a839130448efe9db0ab5c509192fdf12

This fixes the bluetooth issue which has been plaguing the build for a while now.

However, build 30 is RIGHT around the corner. So you may want to hold off till that drops, and I'll update the OP as well then.

In general the AOKP build has been a train wreck since the 4.0.4 merge. It has to do with how AOKP is pulling from AOSP on the master branch (so changes come in every day which aren't sync'd up with the rest of the build).

I've tried to patch it up as best I can for now, till AOKP gets done rebasing all of their gits to the "ics" branch name and then fixes the manifest.xml to pull from the AOSP 4.0.4_r1.1 tagged AOSP projects.

So, hopefully we see some steady nightly builds again.

I'll look at the long press home button tonight. It was 3am when I called it quits last night after getting the build fixed for all of our phones (they didn't have the bluetooth problem, but it wasn't compiling due to the AOSP issues).

Let me know if this new build has any new issues.