[ROM] Streak MIUI 2.4.20 English

Search This thread

Desibouy

Dec 22, 2008
I downloaded 2.3.2, but thats stuck too.... i managed to restore my phone...bit please can you provide full instruction to this working, please.?

im back to my official rom btw. Can i still install 2.3.2?

Thanks

------------

What do u mean "fix and patch it up and install 2.3.23?

Cheers

Last edited:

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
I downloaded 2.3.2, but thats stuck too.... i managed to restore my phone...bit please can you provide full instruction to this working, please.?

im back to my official rom btw. Can i still install 2.3.2?

Thanks

------------

What do u mean "fix and patch it up and install 2.3.23?

Cheers

Yes you can, but you will need to install amss and dsp1 if your official rom is not a gingerbread based rom.

I am certain you are doing something wrong.

If you have a official rom on your device now, you are going to have to put streakmod back on your device. You need to download and flash amss and dsp1 from gingerstreak 2.4.4 thread or similar.

You then need to flash MIUI 2.2.17 or 2.3.2 using streakmod. Before you restart, you should do a factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvik, fix permissions, then restart, upon dell logo go back into recovery but do not start streakmod and choose to do a dell factory reset, now let it boot.

If you are using 2.3.2, you are going to want to patch it up with the fixes, like MIUIFIXen.zip, Timeout.zip Blinking LED mod and USSD fix... everytime you install a patch, wipe cache and clear delvik, this should keep it working. Finally update to 2.3.23, again clearing cache and wiping delvik, this should work.

Desibouy

Dec 22, 2008
Ive done everything you instructed, but my phone crashed after trying to fiddle with some settings, and the boot loop happened again.

Like i said, install streakmod and flashed2.3.2
Wiped cache, factory data, dalvik cache and fixed permission.
Rebooted and into bootloader and factory reset.

Then i let in load up, checked it was installed correctly..worked fine, back into streakmod and onstalled one at time

Miuifixeng
Timeout
Blinking leds
2217 signed

When installing one of these i wiped cache and dalvik and installed another patch.

I then let it load up to make sure its wrking. - it wrked.

Then installed 2.3.23 wiped cache, dalvik and fixed permissions.
I tried once with factory reset that didnt wrk so installed again without dping factory reset worked, used it for 2mins and crashed.....back into boot loop.

So then i wiped cache, dalvik, factory data and reinstalled 2.3.2 its been working for like 4 hours and then i decided to install some apps zedge, ics kwyboard, koi wallpaper, miui lockscreen and then i pressed home it came up with a option to select launcher, selected miui launcher and it keeps force closing.... I cant access anything :(

i've installed 10times today and get fed up. Ive installed power rom without any issues, also onstalled a rom on another htc phone no issue.. didnt think it was this complicated...

Also with 2.3.2 ive had internet 3g problems not loading up correctly or timing out with 80% of downloads...

Any help appreciated..

Thanks in advance ...

Desi

advant1985

Dec 26, 2011
jakarta
Ive done everything you instructed, but my phone crashed after trying to fiddle with some settings, and the boot loop happened again.

Like i said, install streakmod and flashed2.3.2
Wiped cache, factory data, dalvik cache and fixed permission.
Rebooted and into bootloader and factory reset.

Then i let in load up, checked it was installed correctly..worked fine, back into streakmod and onstalled one at time

Miuifixeng
Timeout
Blinking leds
2217 signed

When installing one of these i wiped cache and dalvik and installed another patch.

I then let it load up to make sure its wrking. - it wrked.

Then installed 2.3.23 wiped cache, dalvik and fixed permissions.
I tried once with factory reset that didnt wrk so installed again without dping factory reset worked, used it for 2mins and crashed.....back into boot loop.

So then i wiped cache, dalvik, factory data and reinstalled 2.3.2 its been working for like 4 hours and lthen i decided to install some apps zedge, ics kwyboard, koi wallpaper, miui lockscreen and then i pressed home it came up with a option to select launcher, selected miui launcher and it keeps force closing.... I cant access anything :(

i've installed 10times today and get fed up. Ive installed power rom without any issues, also onstalled a rom on another htc phone no issue.. didnt think it was this complicated...

Also with 2.3.2 ive had internet 3g problems not loading up correctly or timing out with 80% of downloads...

Any help appreciated..

Thanks in advance ...

Desi

I do want to try

- Before starting the flash rom miui 2.3.23 - Back rom streak to 407,,wipe everything

will get the results so amazing,, -streakmod recovery, do not flash amss, dsp1 -reset data-cache partition-Dalvik cache -flash miui 2.3.23 -wipe cache - Dalvik cache - fix permissions -reboot -flash MIUI_3G_Fix.zip -reboot

everything looks perfect .. USSD,zoomcamera,wifithet, and others

prudviraj

Aug 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Where do i get MIUI 2.2.17 or 2.3.2? the OP first page doesnt have them anymore.. can i do with 2.2.16 from the OP??
Is it mandatory to flash to 407? or just continue from DSC ROM by wiping data, cache etc??

Yes you can, but you will need to install amss and dsp1 if your official rom is not a gingerbread based rom.

I am certain you are doing something wrong.

If you have a official rom on your device now, you are going to have to put streakmod back on your device. You need to download and flash amss and dsp1 from gingerstreak 2.4.4 thread or similar.

You then need to flash MIUI 2.2.17 or 2.3.2 using streakmod. Before you restart, you should do a factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvik, fix permissions, then restart, upon dell logo go back into recovery but do not start streakmod and choose to do a dell factory reset, now let it boot.

If you are using 2.3.2, you are going to want to patch it up with the fixes, like MIUIFIXen.zip, Timeout.zip Blinking LED mod and USSD fix... everytime you install a patch, wipe cache and clear delvik, this should keep it working. Finally update to 2.3.23, again clearing cache and wiping delvik, this should work.

takodijkman

May 20, 2008
Hall
UPDATE for problem-solving:

I posted earlier I was having a hard time with installing this bug-free. Expecially root-permissions.
Now I did something very simple, which made everything work (didn't test tethering yet) WITHOUT any patch!

Hope this helps:

- Get and flash original recovery 407 and make sure you have 407 pkg as 'update.pkg' on your SD
- flash appropiate amss.mbn and dsp1.mbn files
- load up the recovery and do an emergency recovery
- Let it load and shut it down
- flash Streakmod
- startup and do factory reset, wipe data/cache and dalvik and shutdown (you can't do this on ext4, Streakmod doesn't find directories!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
- I used ext4 filesystem, if you want, this is were you should format your internal SD card to ext4. You can simply do this by removing the internal SD card (innersd, normally not visible, you have to cut the plastic or disassemble phone) and format with Linux. You can also search for .zip files that do this for you. This gave me a really snappy and fast phone, Quadrant doesn't mean much - but it gave 3000+ scores! Has no issues and if you want I can provide some extra ext4 tweaks.
- boot into Streakmod and flash 2.2.17 and let it boot
- wait 10 minutes (to be sure, can be less), and reboot Streakmod and install 2.3.2
- again, wait 10 minutes and install 2.3.23
- again, wait 10 minutes and use your phone. It gave me without patches: working WiFi, flawless root-permissions, no LED troubles and a very snappy phone.I patched it with Beatsaudio.zip and no problems either.

Hope this helps! MIUI is awesome, a shame if it would encounter problems that are not there, really! Again, the above worked flawless for me. I used ext4 and a few additional tweaks for that (all added later on, after confirmed working). If I forgot something, I'm sorry and will add it ASAP.

Regards and happy flashing :cool:

VU HEO

- I used ext4 filesystem, if you want, this is were you should format your internal SD card to ext4. You can simply do this by removing the internal SD card (innersd, normally not visible, you have to cut the plastic or disassemble phone) and format with Linux. You can also search for .zip files that do this for you. This gave me a really snappy and fast phone, Quadrant doesn't mean much - but it gave 3000+ scores! Has no issues and if you want I can provide some extra ext4 tweaks.

Hope this helps! MIUI is awesome, a shame if it would encounter problems that are not there, really! Again, the above worked flawless for me. I used ext4 and a few additional tweaks for that (all added later on, after confirmed working). If I forgot something, I'm sorry and will add it ASAP.

I 'd like to change innerSD to ext4 so you can guide me do it. I already have 8Gb microSD class 6 anh PC with Ubuntu OS, Original inner SD for backup. Thanks

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
Any one noticing gmail app lag?.. My gmail app is lagging good second or two behind the touch. Getting very annoying.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

crashDebug

Dec 23, 2008
Biella
I have read the whole thread but I didn't come up with anything. My wifi is painfully slow, like it takes 10 minutes (ten real minutes) to download 1MB apps from market, how come?

maan76

Jul 11, 2008

I posted earlier I was having a hard time with installing this bug-free. Expecially root-permissions.
Now I did something very simple, which made everything work (didn't test tethering yet) WITHOUT any patch!

Hope this helps:

- Get and flash original recovery 407 and make sure you have 407 pkg as 'update.pkg' on your SD
- flash appropiate amss.mbn and dsp1.mbn files
- load up the recovery and do an emergency recovery
- Let it load and shut it down
- flash Streakmod
- startup and do factory reset, wipe data/cache and dalvik and shutdown (you can't do this on ext4, Streakmod doesn't find directories!)
- boot into Streakmod and flash 2.2.17 and let it boot
- wait 10 minutes (to be sure, can be less), and reboot Streakmod and install 2.3.2
- again, wait 10 minutes and install 2.3.23
- again, wait 10 minutes and use your phone. It gave me without patches: working WiFi, flawless root-permissions, no LED troubles and a very snappy phone.I patched it with Beatsaudio.zip and no problems either.

could you please do us a favor and finish what youve started ? could you post the tools and instructions for ext4 formatting ?

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
Nitin; if you can add manics blinking button mod and v2.2.17 led mod to MIUI everything works perfect.I am on 2.3.23 dsc phoenix kernel for miui, with these patches everything works perfect and stable except screen cap.
I can set the leds separately for notifications,calls and messages.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
could you please do us a favor and finish what youve started ? could you post the tools and instructions for ext4 formatting ?

You could likely convert the innersd from ext3 -> ext4 by first having a kernel that mounts /data as ext4 (a simple mod) and a custom recovery that reformats /data to ext4 (not a difficult mod) in theory.

custom recoveries can reformat partitions (as that's what it does when you reinstall a rom or use the fac reset inside the recovery), the fs it uses is hardcoded into recovery.fstab (except on very old recoveries such as streakmod)*

ext4 is a bit faster then ext3, but what we would really benefit from would be changing /system and firstboot from yaffs2 -> ext3/4.
ext3/4 is much faster then yaffs2 I believe, and /system uses yaffs2

(See Dell Streak 5/Partition Layout for more information)
Yaffs2 is labeled as yaffs, as yaffs1 isnt used on android at all

I dont know if converting system to ext4 is possible, as it's on the NAND while /data is on the innersd

*Note: Streakmod is based on clockworkmod 1.8, where the fs was hardcoded into the sourcecode itself. Clockworkmod 3.0+ puts it in recovery.fstab.

_2bad4u_

Aug 25, 2011
Nitin; if you can add manics blinking button mod and v2.2.17 led mod to MIUI everything works perfect.I am on 2.3.23 dsc phoenix kernel for miui, with these patches everything works perfect and stable except screen cap.
I can set the leds separately for notifications,calls and messages.

screen cap works my friend, why don't you do a nandroid then a fresh install and whit out installing enything test screen_cap, you will see that is working, i'm using miui 2.3.23 and phoenix kernel and it's working great, i thinc is a bug from an application.(and by application i mean the applications you install after )

This is a pic taken with screen cap

Attachments

• 20120411_115111.jpg
    20120411_115111.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 20120411_115437.jpg
    20120411_115437.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
screen cap works my friend, why don't you do a nandroid then a fresh install and whit out installing enything test screen_cap, you will see that is working, i'm using miui 2.3.23 and phoenix kernel and it's working great, i thinc is a bug from an application.(and by application i mean the applications you install after )

This is a pic taken with screen cap

I am using 2.3.23 with manics fixed blinking led mod and 2.2.17 mod.

_2bad4u_

Aug 25, 2011
Can you share those mods il use them and tell you if screen is working after il flash the mod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW UPDATE!

MIUI 2.4.20
    Dell Streak 5

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WRONG THING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE. AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM.

This Rom is ported from MIUIANDROID HTC HD2, included latest Team DSC’s Phoenix Kernel

Make sure you wipe EVERYTHING. Including, Data, Cache, and Dalvik-Cache.
    Fresh Install, let boot. after finishing the initial setup. again boot in recovery and flash the Custom_light_Fix.zip downloaded from below link, reboot and enjoy!

Rom Download Links

Current Version
    MIUI - 2.4.20
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9a8n323d4dghxam

Old Versions:
    MIUI - 2.3.23
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ktp9957avwjn927

Thanks & Credits:
    HPA: Working MIUI ROM
    n0p & Team DSC: Phoenix Kernel and Kernel support
    hunderteins: USSD

Special Thanks to everyone for using testing, supporting my ROMs. Please don’t mind and let me know if I am forgetting any name to mention here.

Cheers!
    You may flash this rom over any GB rom, ripped from miui 2.3.16 Nexus one rom.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA
    Streak MIUI 2.4.20

Streak MIUI 2.4.20.............Links Updated!
    New MIUI version 2.3.23 !

Very soon I am going to launched new miui version with working wifi tethering and more stability!

Thanks To All For Great Response and Support!

Cheers!
    Calendar application with English suport:

Here is the calendar apk with english suport
    Just push these two files to system/app>>>set permission as rw—r——r——

http://db.tt/qcU89f7i

http://db.tt/AbGroX3f

Plz let me know both da cases working & not working:D:thumbup::thumbup:

Adi™