[APP][2.3.3+] My (material design) note's app "Note list" v4.9.1

Search This thread

Der_Kevin

Aug 11, 2010
Beautiful! The only thing thats missing is some kind of drawing input. just to save some sketches beside your notes. that would make it perfect.
I would even pay for it with that extra option ;)

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
Awesome UI!

I am installing your app now!! From the screenshots I must say its very beautifully designed! Have always wanted a simple holo note taking app!! Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work! Waiting for sync feature.. :)

Salman Babri

Jun 12, 2012
Lahore
Re: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

I Know sometimes there is more need for a quick check list instead of marking a whole note as completed. But most of the times people use it to create shopping lists. I Believe there are far better apps that can help out people with their shopping. However there are also people that want to add a check list for other reasons. So I would love to be able to work out something for them. But because it's not a high requested feature it has lower priority. I Can only spend a limited time on development and need to pick my battles. I Did think about it though, and I put it on my wish list for features if I ever have time left.
Actually I would request for the same feature. I don't use it for making shopping lists, rather for educational & financial stuff like marking the chapters I have prepared for a certain subject, payments I've paid of a loan etc. A check box like in ever note would be great. With addition of few more features this app will be able to replace evernotes & any do that I've installed right now. :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011
It's not something that's on my short list. Mainly because I think it's useless to add a password system if the notes are not encrypted. I Can see people wanting secure storage of notes with encryption. But I'm not that familial with U.S. encryption laws. I Know there are special laws for using encryption in your software. And all apps distributed on Google Play must follow U.S. export laws. So I would first need to investigate these laws more. As you can imagine while there are other issues with more priority it will not be soon.

Encryption aside, what about a basic PIN code upon opening the app? If nothing else, this at least provides some kind of protection, if only very basic. :good:

It's good to see a lot of feature requests coming through but my one hope for this app above all else is that it does remain simple and doesn't eventually become some bloated word processing app - looks at Evernote.

Features like sync (whether it be Dropbox or otherwise), backups, and some basic note formatting (bold, italic, underline) and so on I think are important. I'd hate to see what is currently a brilliant app though turn into another bloated remake of Evernote.

If you want that kind of functionality - adding pictures, drawing, attaching file and sound and so on then use Evernote or one of the many others.

Of course, this is not my app and what the developer does with it is entirely their prerogative.

:fingers-crossed:

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
Encryption aside, what about a basic PIN code upon opening the app? If nothing else, this at least provides some kind of protection, if only very basic. :good:

It's good to see a lot of feature requests coming through but my one hope for this app above all else is that it does remain simple and doesn't eventually become some bloated word processing app - looks at Evernote.

Features like sync (whether it be Dropbox or otherwise), backups, and some basic note formatting (bold, italic, underline) and so on I think are important. I'd hate to see what is currently a brilliant app though turn into another bloated remake of Evernote.

If you want that kind of functionality - adding pictures, drawing, attaching file and sound and so on then use Evernote or one of the many others.

Of course, this is not my app and what the developer does with it is entirely their prerogative.

:fingers-crossed:

Hmmm although you make a point of just adding a pin code would add some sort of protection. I Feel that it would offer a false sense of protection. People might think it would offer protection in case their phone get's lost or stolen. But in reality if the phone is rooted the notes can still be accessed through the data files. I Think there are other apps out there that can lock access to app's by adding a code. I Know this is an extra app that would need to be downloaded but I think in this case it's the best solution. As I mentioned before if I ever would add any feature like this I would want to encrypt the notes to make sure they are as much protected as I can offer. I Hope you understand.

Like you said, adding lot's of features can make a good user interface turn bad. My focus will away's be to give an intuitive interface. I Will try my best to add features and still maintain a good simple (and fast) interface. :)

Reactions: Nucleotide

damage145

Dec 2, 2012
S pen Support?

Hi Sorry if this has been answered already, But I wanted to know if you have built in S Pen support for the galaxy note 2 in your app?

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011
Hmmm although you make a point of just adding a pin code would add some sort of protection. I Feel that it would offer a false sense of protection. People might think it would offer protection in case their phone get's lost or stolen. But in reality if the phone is rooted the notes can still be accessed through the data files. I Think there are other apps out there that can lock access to app's by adding a code. I Know this is an extra app that would need to be downloaded but I think in this case it's the best solution. As I mentioned before if I ever would add any feature like this I would want to encrypt the notes to make sure they are as much protected as I can offer. I Hope you understand.

Like you said, adding lot's of features can make a good user interface turn bad. My focus will away's be to give an intuitive interface. I Will try my best to add features and still maintain a good simple (and fast) interface. :)

Completely understandable. It's good that you want to thoroughly implement the security side of it and do it correctly rather then just whipping together some half-baked solution. :good: :D

lordgoata

Apr 9, 2008
If I would make a synchronization feature for Dropbox/Drive it will save all notes in a folder: Android/packagename. So as long as other Android apps also use the Android folder it should not clutter your storage much. I Know most just save their files in a folder with their package name in the root.

Could you possibly use "Apps/Note List" for Dropbox sync - both AutoRemote and Carbon use that location, and their full name - and I use Android to store other android data on my dropbox account, so it would be a right mess otherwise! Perhaps the option to specify the location would be better as an alternative ?

FWIW, Carbon uses the package name in the root of the Drive folder if you want to keep it consistent with already established apps.

Keep up the great work though!

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
Hi Sorry if this has been answered already, But I wanted to know if you have built in S Pen support for the galaxy note 2 in your app?

Please check the openings post section on requested features: - Adding photo's / drawings and handwriting

Could you possibly use "Apps/Note List" for Dropbox sync - both AutoRemote and Carbon use that location, and their full name - and I use Android to store other android data on my dropbox account, so it would be a right mess otherwise! Perhaps the option to specify the location would be better as an alternative ?

FWIW, Carbon uses the package name in the root of the Drive folder if you want to keep it consistent with already established apps.

Keep up the great work though!

I'm not sure of the folder yet. Maybe I will add a manual override. It's too early too tell. But I do not want to put the package name in the root folder, if every app would do that your dropbox/drive storage will be a mess.

Reactions: lordgoata

lordgoata

Apr 9, 2008
I'm not sure of the folder yet. Maybe I will add a manual override. It's too early too tell. But I do not want to put the package name in the root folder, if every app would do that your dropbox/drive storage will be a mess.

Yeah I have no idea why Carbon is in the root on Drive, unless there is no way to create a folder in a folder (which also seems odd) - but I hardly use Drive, I only mentioned it for info purposes - the Dropbox folder was my main concern :)

faeArai

Sep 26, 2008
AW: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

- Synchronization on tablet/phone
For me this is the most important feature since I'd like to use the APP on my phone and tab.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2

kaveh-link

Oct 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Oh I just read all of the first post right now.. so you are not interested in translating the app at this moment. Anyways if you needed Persian translation pm me.

Im using your app on daily basis now. Its very useful but the only thing is that I want to sync it with my tablet or maybe Google/Gmail.

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
Oh I just read all of the first post right now.. so you are not interested in translating the app at this moment. Anyways if you needed Persian translation pm me.

Im using your app on daily basis now. Its very useful but the only thing is that I want to sync it with my tablet or maybe Google/Gmail.

I'm interested in translations. But there are some issues with translating in languages that I can't read.

The first problem is quality of the translation. I Need at least 2 or 3 people for every language, one for translation and other to check if the translation is done correctly.

The second problem is time related. When I create an update I can't wait too long before a translation is ready. So when I add new strings to the app they need to be translated before the update is released. By having more than 1 person for every language this decreases the chance someone is not available for updating the new strings.

Those are the reasons why I currently am not adding other languages. But when I do have time and enough people that want to help out translating a language I would love to add other languages.

I Will note you down for Persian translation and I might contact you if when I see the opportunity too add the translation.

Synchronization is high priority. I'm currently working on an update that will add some essential features that will be needed to start work on that feature.

kaveh-link

Oct 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Awesome. Keep up the great work. I absolutely love this app. Also if you needed another person for translating this app to Persian I can recommend one to you. He is a friend of mine and If you try and give us a heads up (like you let us know what date approximately you will be releasing an update) then we will finish the translation before the new update comes up. No pressure at all. You are the developer and you are an amazing one :D Just wanted to let you know that you can count on us for Persian translation and I will be more than happy to help you out. Thanks ;)

Reactions: Cubeactive

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
Version 2.5 has been released today.

With the new update of Note l!st you no longer have to worry about accidentally deleting an important note. The added “Deleted notes” folder shows all deleted notes before you choose to permanently delete or restore them.

The update also adds higher resolution icons for use with high resolution devices and has improvements for the user interface.

Change log v2.5
- Fixed: The app would crash with an IllegalStateException when pressing back in the share dialog.
- Added: Deleted notes folder. Deleting a note will now first move it to the deleted notes folder, from there you can permanently delete or restore notes. This folder will auto hide if there are no deleted notes available.
- Added: XHDPI version of icons.
- Changed: The note content will now automatically capitalize the first word of a sentence.
- Changed: Some font sizes for tablet layout.
- Changed: Switched the save and discard buttons in the edit note screen.
- Changed: Action bar layout of edit folder screen
- Changed: Back button setting is now only visible on tablets.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_notelist_600.jpg

I Want to share my note's app with you all. It's called Note list and is available from the Play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cubeactive.qnotelistfree

If you like to help out with translations or beta testing just drop a message or pm and I'll contact you for more information.

Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

If you like the app please leave a review on Google Play.
    Thank you all for the great support! :)

More information and a FAQ can be found on my website.
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/

Store description
    Note list is your elegant notepad for Android devices.

With Note list you can quickly write notes, todo items and write down all your ideas and reminders. Use the folder structure to keep all your notes organized. Looking for a simple yet powerful material design notepad app for your Android device, Note list is it.

• Easy to use - Large notepad for writing notes, optimized for phones and tablets
    • Organize notes - Store your notes in folders and archive folders.
    • Sync notes - Synchronize notes on multiple devices with Google Drive™
    • Quick access - Add a shortcut to your home screen to quickly create new notes.
    • Reminders - Add reminders to notes and check completed notes.
    • Backup/Restore - Keep your notes save by using the backup manager or synchronization function.
    • Language support for: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish.

Pro upgrade features
    • Use Note list ads free.
    • Note widget.
    • Bold, Italic, Underlined, Font color, Highlight color markup options.
    • Calendar view.
    • App lock.

BEFORE REPLYING ON THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR REQUEST PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS TO MOST REQUESTED FEATURES
    - Access to notes by website and other OS devices like Windows
    Due to the cost of hosting a service that would allow access to the notes by a website this feature is not planned in the up coming months.

- Adding photo's / drawings and handwriting
    Note list is currently focusing on getting the best user experience for writing notes by keyboard.
    There are many items that I want to implement before switching the focus on other kind of note taking options.

DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ
    If you are an Android developer and want to write a widget or other app that communicates with Note list, you can use the Note list content provider.
    The content provider allows you to communicate (read only) with Note list and query data from the app.

The data specifications of the content provider can be found at this GitHub project:
    Note list development library

You will need to add the Note list read data permission to your app manifest, this will be visible to the user.
    The user also needs to allow third party apps to read data from Note l!st, this is a setting in the preference screen in Note list.

If you have published an app that uses the Note l!st content provider, you can join the beta test community on Google+ to test your code before updates get published. Contact me with a link to your app and I will send you an invitation.

Device_Screenshot_1.png
    Device_Screenshot_2.png

Device_Screenshot_3.png
    Device_Screenshot_4.png

Device_Screenshot_11.png
    Device_Screenshot_8.png

Device_Screenshot_6.png

Device_Screenshot_15.png

Device_Screenshot_18.png

For a full explanation on what permissions the app requires and how they are used please read the Note list privacy policy:
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/privacy-policy/
    Version 2.5 has been released today.

With the new update of Note l!st you no longer have to worry about accidentally deleting an important note. The added “Deleted notes” folder shows all deleted notes before you choose to permanently delete or restore them.

The update also adds higher resolution icons for use with high resolution devices and has improvements for the user interface.

Change log v2.5
    - Fixed: The app would crash with an IllegalStateException when pressing back in the share dialog.
    - Added: Deleted notes folder. Deleting a note will now first move it to the deleted notes folder, from there you can permanently delete or restore notes. This folder will auto hide if there are no deleted notes available.
    - Added: XHDPI version of icons.
    - Changed: The note content will now automatically capitalize the first word of a sentence.
    - Changed: Some font sizes for tablet layout.
    - Changed: Switched the save and discard buttons in the edit note screen.
    - Changed: Action bar layout of edit folder screen
    - Changed: Back button setting is now only visible on tablets.
    can the notes be saved as txt files on the sdcard?

No there is no backup or restore feature at the moment. I'm thinking on how I want to implement such features. My initial idea was to create my own cloud service. This would give me more options and better synchronization performance. But hosting a service like that cost money and the app only generates a few dollars each month. So if the download numbers do not go up a lot in the up coming weeks it's no option. Therefor I'm now looking into other cloud solutions like synchronizing with dropbox. However this will be less efficient and more limited than running my own service, also users can alter the files on dropbox and break the synchronization. It's not ideal but at the moment it looks like the only way for my to create a synchronization/backup feature.

Other backup features could be saving the notes to the sd card. I Do want to write something like that in the future.

At the moment the only way to export your notes from the app is by using the share function, that way you can save it to a email or text file. But it's one note at the time and you can not read them back into the app.

If anyone has good ideas please let me know, I'm still looking for the best solution.
    WOW, just from looking at the screenshots i'm amazed by how beautiful this app looks.
    Will try for sure, thanks dev.

Just curious, does this app backup to google docs or anything?

Thanks!
    Currently it's one (local) device only. I'm looking into synchronization and backup options.
    Thank you all for the kind words and feedback.

I Was surprised to see the app being featured on the front page of XDA. I Was wondering what happened that caused my inbox to be this full of emails. :)
    I Will read all of your notes but it's a bit much to reply every comment at the moment.

And many thanks to the once that have made a donation. It really is nice to see so many people wanting to help out a developer.