SD card suggestions.. Please help.

Search This thread

ixJay

Oct 19, 2011
At the moment I have a 32gb ultra SD card in my s4. The SD card is damaged for whatever reason. So I was wondering, what's the best type of SD card for me to get. I spent 20$ on my sdcard. So I'm willing to spend the same amount more or less.. Don't need anything more than 32gb or probably anything over 16. Of course the more the merrier.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Rakcoon

May 15, 2013
I got sandisk 16gb from amazon. Paid a good $22 for it. Around the same time, bought samsung 16gb micro sd while it was on sale for my tablet.

Three months into use, sandisk just stopped working. All the photos I took over the period of three months lost with it. Mind you, I'm not tech- illiterate, so I attempted different methods to recover my data with no luck.

Contacted sandisk, and received a new micro sd through warranty. A months into use, it failed again. Luckily, I had backed up my photos with dropbox, so no real losses except wasted time.
Didn't even bother to file warranty and tossed the sd out.

Been using samsung microsd for good six months with no problem.

This is my experience, and you may have (had) better luck than I.

nikocc

Jan 21, 2011
Munich/München
SanDisk

I got sandisk 16gb from amazon. Paid a good $22 for it. Around the same time, bought samsung 16gb micro sd while it was on sale for my tablet.

Three months into use, sandisk just stopped working. All the photos I took over the period of three months lost with it. Mind you, I'm not tech- illiterate, so I attempted different methods to recover my data with no luck.

Contacted sandisk, and received a new micro sd through warranty. A months into use, it failed again. Luckily, I had backed up my photos with dropbox, so no real losses except wasted time.
Didn't even bother to file warranty and tossed the sd out.

Been using samsung microsd for good six months with no problem.

This is my experience, and you may have (had) better luck than I.

SanDisk Ultra 64GB is perfect, Class 10. Working since 8 months!

mafijas

Oct 7, 2008
I have SanDisk class 10 and my S4 is rebooting randomly. So if you can, go away from that card.

hawkxcore

Jun 11, 2010
I have a SanDisk 32 Class 10... my phone won't boot with it in. I took it out. It's in my car somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cmonsterf50

Jan 26, 2011
Oregon
Had to warranty my 32gb Sandisk Class 10 ... was causing weird issues and lost everything. New one is good so far. Wonder if there's a bad batch out there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

nunjabusiness

Jan 20, 2011
If you search the forums, you will find that MANY people report (and I experienced it too) that any card other than a Samsung can be problematic. I have a 32GB Class10 card from A-Data or Kingston or some other major name and it worked fine in my Atrix for a year or so. Got my S4 and put the card in it. Regularly and routinely, the phone would "lose" the card or claim it needed formatting because it was "damaged."

My Samsung card has had zero issues. You should be able to get a 32GB Sammy for about $20.

ixJay

Oct 19, 2011
If you search the forums, you will find that MANY people report (and I experienced it too) that any card other than a Samsung can be problematic. I have a 32GB Class10 card from A-Data or Kingston or some other major name and it worked fine in my Atrix for a year or so. Got my S4 and put the card in it. Regularly and routinely, the phone would "lose" the card or claim it needed formatting because it was "damaged."

My Samsung card has had zero issues. You should be able to get a 32GB Sammy for about $20.

Where can I find one? Amazon? I was told the same thing as you stated in the first sentence. Just might go with a Samsung card. I was going to get a Kingston, but it makes more sense to go with the same name brand my phone is Lol. Since I've had multiple issues with San disk.

Stealyourface

Oct 19, 2007
VA Beach
I must be the only one to never have a problem with any SanDisk cards ever in my life. Have a 64GB ultra in my S4 now. Running just fine for months.

nunjabusiness

Jan 20, 2011
Where can I find one? Amazon? I was told the same thing as you stated in the first sentence. Just might go with a Samsung card. I was going to get a Kingston, but it makes more sense to go with the same name brand my phone is Lol. Since I've had multiple issues with San disk.

Yup I shop at Amazon first.

itzik_man

Nov 13, 2010
Saint-Laurent, Quebec
You are not the only one !

I must be the only one to never have a problem with any SanDisk cards ever in my life. Have a 64GB ultra in my S4 now. Running just fine for months.

Out of 2100 reviews (posted up to Feb 2013) on Amazon, the SanDisk Ultra has a 4.5 star average (1500 of the reviews give it a full five stars). It’s the most popular and best-rated on Amazon.

A few complain doesn't make it everybody.

I am on SanDisk fast Micro SD cards in the last 10 years without one issue.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
A few complain doesn't make it everybody.

Here on XDA there are significantly less problems with Samsung SD's compared to Sandisk. Especially using the larger (64GB for example) sizes.

When using an SGS4 and in need of a large card simply use the Samsung one. And format it Fat32 when not in need of files >=4GB. Best combo of compatibility.

IMHO, of course :cool:

ixJay

Oct 19, 2011
Originally Posted by ixJay

Yup I shop at Amazon first.

I looked at amazon, they have ultra extreme pro, and what not. What is best? I'm probably going to buy a 32gb.. Any suggestions?

johnny crapple

Jul 9, 2011
I've had my 32gb UHS 1 Sandisk SD for a long time, well over 6 months and I have never had a problem. I had a 16gb Samsung SD card before that with no problems I just needed more storage.

Paolonicus

Apr 3, 2012
Bulacan
Faulty Batch

I am using the same SanDisk Ultra 64Gb same as you, though the first one that I bought gave me a lot of problems (Constantly ejecting, then eventually, the phone no longer recognizes it.) Then I bought another 64Gb and I never had any problems from there.

It seems that those having issues with Sandisk probably got theirs from a faulty batch that Sandisk even admitted.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/SanDisk-says-it-produced-some-bad-32GB-and-64GB-microSD-cards_id40986

imlgl

Aug 15, 2010
Norfolk
Got a SanDisk class 4 32gb. Bought it over 2 years ago and still working! Ordered a 64gb card so will be upgrading to that which :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.