[Q] [ROM][10 Sep][4.0.4][Sense 4.1 Lite][OTA|HUB|EQS... -- stuck bootscreen

Search This thread

KKrittel

Feb 16, 2014
Greetings,

I would have liked to post this questions, where it belongs to, but I'm new to this forum, so I put it here.

Last September I've updated my DHD following the instructions given in the thread mentioned in the headline and everything was fine. Yesterday in the evening, I got the notification to restart using the recovery mode, because something in the context of the superuser should be updated or modified. Because it was not the first time, I just did it. But this time, after rebooting, the device stopped with the HTC bootscreen (green HTC on white background).

After 10 minutes I took out the battery and restarted again. Again I was able to choose recovery mode, but while starting the DHD got stuck with the bootscreen. I decided to wait and just put it aside showing the boot screen, but the result this morning was that the battery is empty and nothing changed.

Does someone know about that issue and what do I need to do to get the device to work again? Why was this update needed in the first place?

Thanks a lot in advance...

PHOENIX-9

Mar 15, 2013
Redmi Note 10
Not yet. I was afraid to loose all data and maybe exchaning a file would also do the job. I mean, the update of the superuser component has changed something and this could be corrected again.
try to back up your ROM
do a clean install..then restore only the data (advanced restore)..wipe dalvik and cashe
if it didnt boot..you can restore your data using titanium backup pro from the CWM back up

Reactions: KKrittel

KKrittel

Feb 16, 2014
try to back up your ROM
do a clean install..then restore only the data (advanced restore)..wipe dalvik and cashe
if it didnt boot..you can restore your data using titanium backup pro from the CWM back up

Tried to make a backup, but it recovering did not work. Doesn't matter. I just flashed the same image again, downloaded 'my' apps and restored the status from before the crash.
Nevertheless the same notification showed up, saying that the superuser kernel needs to be updated and I should use 'recovery mode' again. With a bad feeling, I did it again, but this time it works.
So to sum it up: device was useless for some days, restored it with some effort and now it works again. But I need to get prepared for the next time and to think of an app to backup all apps including app-data.

...but as always, this is a task for laaaaater ;)

Thx,
Karl

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not yet. I was afraid to loose all data and maybe exchaning a file would also do the job. I mean, the update of the superuser component has changed something and this could be corrected again.
    try to back up your ROM