[ROM][ODIN] Stock DEODEXED KD1 [Root][EDT][5.4.2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kuntri

Feb 8, 2010
Atlanta
Can someone see if their build.prop LCD Density settings convert to what's set?

I have mine set to 167. It stays at 240 even though it's set there. I have to use a third party add on to temp reset the LCD density without rebooting.

Every time I reboot, it goes back to 240 visually, yet the build.prop file shows it's at 167.

Download
1. LCD Density
2. Root Explorer

Instructions
1. LCD Density, save and set your density (auto-reboot)
2. Go to root explorer and locate your build.prop file
a. long press
b. open in text editor
c. change density
d. reboot

sgyee

Jan 15, 2007
Download
1. LCD Density
2. Root Explorer

Instructions
1. LCD Density, save and set your density (auto-reboot)
2. Go to root explorer and locate your build.prop file
a. long press
b. open in text editor
c. change density
d. reboot

I don't even need to do LCD Density in my other Android phones. I just go to build.prop, edit it, and reboot.

For whatever reason, I edit build.prop, reboot it, and the stupid thing goes back to a 240 density. Edit it, and it's still at 167.

LCD Density will temp change it to 167, but then a reboot kills it.

andrewrh3

Mar 24, 2011
does anyone know why a phone wouldn't go into download mode? i've tried pulling the battery, putting it back in, holding volume up/down at the same time then inserting the usb cable (which is already connected to the computer) MANY times, and all it does is bring the battery logo up and begin charging.

mavictb

Aug 5, 2010
Reno
maybe a dumb question but when I download the link it only gives me PDA_KD1.tar.md5
I have used odin quite a bit in the past and always had a modem.bin and ***.tar. do I need to get the modem from another source?

andrewrh3

Mar 24, 2011
yes, it is off. then i remove the battery. then i put the battery back in. then i hold volume up/down. then i put in the usb cord (which is already connected to a turned on computer). and the battery logo pops up and the phone begins charging.

Beefvvl

Sep 11, 2010
San Diego
yes, it is off. then i remove the battery. then i put the battery back in. then i hold volume up/down. then i put in the usb cord (which is already connected to a turned on computer). and the battery logo pops up and the phone begins charging.

Your doing it wrong man. After you remove the battery. Plug the micro usb in. Hold the Volume up/down first, then put the battery in.

Last edited:

dtowngs4g

Mar 18, 2011
Thanks. just flashed. Is it a bit slow on 1st startup? 341 mb of storage internally after flashing. I had 56 before, lol. Thanks!!

poopypoo13

Mar 21, 2009
santa ana
does anyone know why a phone wouldn't go into download mode? i've tried pulling the battery, putting it back in, holding volume up/down at the same time then inserting the usb cable (which is already connected to the computer) MANY times, and all it does is bring the battery logo up and begin charging.

1.First turn phone off
2.plug usb into computer
3.hold volume keys up and down on phone (don't let go)
3.plug usb into phone while still holding the volume keys up and down
4.yellow android holding a shovel should pop up on your phone screen
5. Your now in download mode

Hope this helps you

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

andrewrh3

Mar 24, 2011
i've tried this method, as well as beefvvl's above (which is holding volume up/down while the usb is plugged into both and then inserting the battery). both just load the phone normally. i can get into recovery mode no problem by holding volume up/down and power key, but the freakin phone won't go into download mode. i guess there's no app or anything? is there a way to do an OTA update of the firmware to anything and then try to get into download mode?

poopypoo13

Mar 21, 2009
santa ana
You might have to factory reset (odin flashing kd1 will do the same) than try going into download mode, there is an app. That can put you into dl mode but I can't remember it lol

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! Here is completely deodexed, stock T959VUVKD1 firmware. This is the latest update from T-mobile and needs to be flashed through either Odin or Heimdall.

This is 100% STOCK and comes complete with:
    ~ Completely deodexed build
    ~ Stock KD1 Kernel
    ~ KD1 Modem
    ~ Root
    ~ Busybox 1.19.0
    ~ Modded 3e Recovery from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1049607 (in other words this is all set up for cwm!)
    ~ All Bloat
    ~ Annoying bootup/shutdown sounds
    ~ Additional app Quickboot
    ~ As stated above this is STOCK

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Deodexed KD1

Thanks to Joedeveloper for the original files and chadster214 for confirming everything works!

Thank you and please enjoy!
    Thanks againMan you are da Man XP
    by Modded 3e Recovery you mean that we will only have to flash the zip in the recovery in order to have CWM? or do we have to follow the whole guide over to be able to have access to CWM again? just wondering there

All you need is cwm. The recovery file needed to bypass signature checking is already in place. Trying to take as many steps out for everyone as I can. :)
    While the XDA community is generally pretty helpful, being a developer community, many expect at least basic reading and computer skills, along with a desire to learn and do for themselves. Multiple posts seeming to demand that a year-an-a-half-old stock ROM, be re-posted aren't going to get you very far. This ROM is widely available in various forms, including a link on Post #288.

I would consider what you are posting and how before you find your way onto a large number of ignore lists, with out without attracting the attention of the, well, shall we say "more direct" members of these forums catch wind of you.
    be kind and hit the thanks button!
    Read my last post.