HTC One X WiFi problems solved!

Search This thread

htckt

Jun 18, 2012
Thanks, the difference is like night and day. Everything loads up almost instantly now.

acke999

Feb 5, 2010
Problem I have is that sometimes speeds get very slow, 0.7mbit
But then I just restart modem and speeds are up to 25-30 again.

100/10 connection.

Up speed is my max 10mbit, its just down speed that gets slow sometimes.
Any one know how to fix this?

Edit: have tried "best WiFi" but doesn't help.

Last edited:

aagrollmus

Jun 4, 2010
Hi , im still having problems with my WIFI , anyone else having problems ?

I turn on the wifi and sometimes it says Disconnected , i switch it on and off and then it starts scanning for available networks
i select one , enter the password ,,, AND NOTHING m it just wont connect , then after a few tries it says disconnected again.

last night someone told me to delete a file under System/Bin , but it didnt work.

rev010

Feb 7, 2008
Yes I have the same problem. Since I did OTA 2.17 (Netherlands) I often see no wireless networks anymore. Sometimes after an restart of the phone I am able to connect again. After a while I loose the connection and don't see any wirelesss networks anymore. Disabling and enabling WIFI doesn't help.

Sep 9, 2014
hi i have my htc one x taken apart to make the wifi problem but I can not get it together longer does anyone have any tips :(

mqazimi

Jun 19, 2009
My wireless is fast enough but I have problem with dropping signal.

If I'm connected to any wireless network it shows full bars and works fine, but after 30 sec id drops down to 0 bar and do not function.

Any idea what may be the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys so I've been complaining about my WiFi speed and loading time of the phone so far. I have a new router and I've even tried sitting right next to it! But still the same thing!

I'm sure that I'm not the only person who feels that the phone is slightly slow on WiFi out of the box with standard settings.

I have actually solved the problem and It's a very EASY fix! Do the following:

1. Settings>WiFi>Advanced >Tick best WiFi performance.

I did this and honestly is like a new phone! I am so much more happy with the phone. The difference is night & day!

I hope this helps people start loving their One X again!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Router Settings

Hi there,

when I got my HOX out of the box at home and connected it vie WiFi to my WLAN Router Fritzbox 7570 vDSL the HOX connected, but it was not possible to bring up a website like www.google.com, and after very little time the whole WiFi network collapsed, with all other clients showing only restricted connection, but no access to the internet anymore....restarting of the router was necessary.

In a German forum someone suggested to switch the WLAN from 2.4Ghz b+g+n to 2.4Ghz b+g which is a setting option with my particular Fritzbox.

I did so, and voila....no problems whatsoever anymore... HOX showing 54Mbits as does my Samsung Gtab 10.1n or my laptop...

just checked when the router is set to WLAN 2.4Ghz b+g+n the HOX shows 11Mbits and the laptop 130Mbits...

Maybe it is a good idea to see if you have a setting on your router to disable the n standard and only run b+g...and report back.

Then you don't need the Best WiFi setting at all...at least I don't need it!

Greetz