[APP] DeekFit Gym [released: 10/23/10] [updated: 12/5/12] [v3.15]

Search This thread

Red Grenadine

Dec 23, 2010
Hey, so great app. I've begun to use it to track my workouts and also love the fact it syncs to your cloud server.

One issue I have is that when I resume the app, I start getting ads. Is it supposed to be that way or is that a bug? I have the paid version.

Thanks

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
Hi Red,

That definitely should not be happening. As you can probably guess, the free and paid versions share the same codebase with a configuration switch between the two, which is how that could feasibly happen. However, it shouldn't.

Can you give me a few more details? Are you running NoDo or Mango? Where are you seeing ads - everywhere, or just on certain pages? Do they persist permanently after you resume, or just until you go to a new page?

Thanks for the heads up - being ad-free is supposed to be one of the advantages of Pro, so I'll get this taken care of ASAP.

Red Grenadine

Dec 23, 2010
I'm on Mango.

Just tested it - it always happens when I'm on the routine screen and I press the home key and then press back to resume into the app. The ads show on the bottom of the screen. It looks like if I then go back into the main menu of the app and from there go back to routines, the ads disappear.

Also happens with the Mango multitasking/resume in the same general way - in the routine screen, then switching out and switching back in I get the ads on the bottom

Reactions: DeekoVB5

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
Interesting, I've been able to repro this using the currently released NoDo version on Mango, but not using the pending Mango version. So...the good news is, its already fixed in the next version :) That will be submitted this weekend pending some more testing, so you should see it next week some time.

Thanks for the heads up.

Red Grenadine

Dec 23, 2010
Cool.

Couple more questions:

1. Is there any way to see failures for workouts on the website? Right now there doesn't seem to be a marker or category for a failure on a set. I transfer over workouts to an excel sheet so I have to keep both the website up and my phone near me to make sure I keep track of failed sets.

2. Any way of going to past workouts in a routine and editing them? I can't seem to find a way

3. When you are adding information to a workout on the today's exercised page(e.g. set/reps/weight) the keyboard that comes up obscures the "add entry" button which makes it hard to add the entry. Plus there are no buttons on the bottom toolbar that add entry. Any thoughts on fixing this?

4. Any thoughts on enabling excel export of workouts from your website? Would make my life easier =)

Thanks again for working on the app, much easier than bringing a pencil and notebook to the gym

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
Cool.

Couple more questions:

1. Is there any way to see failures for workouts on the website? Right now there doesn't seem to be a marker or category for a failure on a set. I transfer over workouts to an excel sheet so I have to keep both the website up and my phone near me to make sure I keep track of failed sets.

2. Any way of going to past workouts in a routine and editing them? I can't seem to find a way

3. When you are adding information to a workout on the today's exercised page(e.g. set/reps/weight) the keyboard that comes up obscures the "add entry" button which makes it hard to add the entry. Plus there are no buttons on the bottom toolbar that add entry. Any thoughts on fixing this?

4. Any thoughts on enabling excel export of workouts from your website? Would make my life easier =)

Thanks again for working on the app, much easier than bringing a pencil and notebook to the gym

I've also managed to track down the root cause of the ad bug in the older version too, so it should be completely eliminated in the future.

1) I think this might have broken in a recent update, because it used to, at least in the grid view on the Workouts page. However, its still working in the MyFitness page - failed sets will have a strikethrough. I'll look into why its broken on the workouts page.

2) Version 3.5 started auto-tagging workouts with their routine, assuming you entered them via the routine section. So for workouts entered since updating to 3.5, you can either press view workouts, then tags, then the routine name, or you can press routines, the routine name, open the menu and press "view routine history". Unfortunately there's no way for me to retroactively add that tag to older workouts.

3) I take it you're referring to the main routine view. I'm playing around with some ideas to improve that page, but I've also added the "routine player" that helps. When viewing today's exercises, if you press the "perform" button at the bottom, it takes you to a sequential view of the exercises for the day. The buttons aren't obstructed on this page. Either swipe left/right or press the arrow buttons to switch exercises.

4) Yep, that's coming with the next big release of the site. As another use put it, "If you hit the lottery and stopped working on this, I'd be screwed". Personally I think its the other way around...if I hit the lottery, I could quit my job and spend more time on my apps :) But point taken. Its coming.

Thanks for the suggestions!

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
Cool.

Couple more questions:

I've also managed to track down the root cause of the ad bug in the older version too, so it should be completely eliminated in the future.

1) I think this might have broken in a recent update, because it used to, at least in the grid view on the Workouts page. However, its still working in the MyFitness page - failed sets will have a strikethrough. I'll look into why its broken on the workouts page.

2) Version 3.5 started auto-tagging workouts with their routine, assuming you entered them via the routine section. So for workouts entered since updating to 3.5, you can either press view workouts, then tags, then the routine name, or you can press routines, the routine name, open the menu and press "view routine history". Unfortunately there's no way for me to retroactively add that tag to older workouts. You could do it manually if you were so inclined.

3) I take it you're referring to the main routine view. I'm playing around with some ideas to improve that page, but I've also added the "routine player" that helps. When viewing today's exercises, if you press the "perform" button at the bottom, it takes you to a sequential view of the exercises for the day. The buttons aren't obstructed on this page. Either swipe left/right or press the arrow buttons to switch exercises.

4) Yep, that's coming with the next big release of the site. As another use put it, "If you hit the lottery and stopped working on this, I'd be screwed". Personally I think its the other way around...if I hit the lottery, I could quit my job and spend more time on my apps :) But point taken. Its coming.

Thanks for the suggestions!

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
Version 3.7 of DeekFit Gym has been published to the Windows Phone Marketplace. This release is only for phones running the Mango version of Windows Phone.

-Multitasking support
-Pin routines/timers to home screen
-Mango-specific bug fixes
-Added ability to view routine data in stats page

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
DeekFit Gym version 3.8 has been released! This version has some bug fixes, usability improvements, and big improvements to sync performance for the Pro version! As of this writing (11/20) DeekFit Gym Pro has been certified and should be available to you now. Still waiting for certification for the free version, but it shouldn't be long now.

Full changelist:
•(pro only) Performance while syncing with deekfit.com drastically improved.
•You can now edit and delete custom exercises, as well as enter descriptions.
•Switch between Metric/US units for each entry.
•Select past dates for new entries/notes.
•Reps/weight entries no longer automatically clear after entry.
•Fixed a few bugs that were introduced by Mango.
•UI improvements.

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
DeekFit Gym 3.9 has been released and published to the Windows Phone marketplace! If you haven’t received an update notification yet, you will soon.

Changed in this update:
◦New long list selector for exercises
◦More built-in exercises
◦Can now add new exercises directly from routine builder
◦Re-order routines without deleting exercises
◦Can now change set timer from free workout mode
◦Ability to pin free workout mode to start screen
◦New speed/pace stats for cardio exercises
◦New ‘secondary stat’ chart on stats page
◦Timer mode remembers last setting
◦Timer delay configurable from within timer mode
◦Use stopwatch time for free workout entry
◦Bug fixes

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
The latest version of DeekFit Gym and DeekFit Gym Pro has been published to the Windows Phone marketplace. You should see the update notification within 24 hours. This release includes the following fixes:

◦Performance improvements while resuming the app
◦Numeric fields now accept commas for decimals points in metric
◦Better landscape orientation support
◦Various improvements and bug fixes

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact on the forum, Facebook, or via email.

DeekoVB5

Sep 9, 2009
Seattle
Updated in 3.15:

A number of bug fixes related to custom exercises disappearing and routines with custom exercises crashing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App Name: DeekFit Gym

App Description:
    Hello hello XDA,

I have an app in the market - DeekFit Gym. Download link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=252b705a-47db-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

The app is a fully-featured gym suite, it lets you create routines and schedules, add/track your workouts, view your progress, track your body weight, calculate one-rep max, BMR, BMI, kg/lb, etc. The paid version also syncs with deekfit.com, where you can view your workouts and weight history, or use it as a cloud backup feature.

Any Windows Phone 7 users that could check it out and give me some feedback, I'd really appreciate it. I didn't have a device until recently, and I've fixed a bunch of bugs since then, but I'm sure there's more out there. Also, I am always open to suggestions for future features - I'm on a pretty aggressive development schedule, so I try to work things in quickly. I built this thing tailored to my own needs as a powerlifter, so other people's opinions are definitely welcome...not everyone uses it the same way I would!

Thanks guys!

ss1t.png

ss2t.png

ss3t.png

ss4t.png

ss5t.png

ss6t.png

Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9312860#post9312860

Download link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=252b705a-47db-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

Changelog
    Code:
    Updated in 3.15:
    A number of bug fixes related to custom exercises disappearing and routines with custom exercises crashing

Updated in 3.9.1:
    ◦Performance improvements while resuming the app
    ◦Numeric fields now accept commas for decimals points in metric
    ◦Better landscape orientation support
    ◦Various improvements and bug fixes

Updated in 3.9:
    ◦New long list selector for exercises
    ◦More built-in exercises
    ◦Can now add new exercises directly from routine builder
    ◦Re-order routines without deleting exercises
    ◦Can now change set timer from free workout mode
    ◦Ability to pin free workout mode to start screen
    ◦New speed/pace stats for cardio exercises
    ◦New ‘secondary stat’ chart on stats page
    ◦Timer mode remembers last setting
    ◦Timer delay configurable from within timer mode
    ◦Use stopwatch time for free workout entry
    ◦Bug fixes

Updated in 3.8:
    •(pro only) Performance while syncing with deekfit.com drastically improved.
    •You can now edit and delete custom exercises, as well as enter descriptions.
    •Switch between Metric/US units for each entry.
    •Select past dates for new entries/notes.
    •Reps/weight entries no longer automatically clear after entry.
    •Fixed a few bugs that were introduced by Mango.
    •UI improvements.

Updated in 3.7 (Mango Release):
    -Multitasking support
    -Pin routines/timers to home screen
    -Mango-specific bug fixes
    -Added ability to view routine data in stats page

Updated in 3.6: 
    -Bug fix with custom exercises 

Updated in 3.5: 
    -New routine player mode 
    -More intuitive routine scheduling 
    -Quick adder/player for all routines 
    -Easily track routine history 
    -MyFitness view 
    -Support for non-US date/time formats 
    -Redesigned home page 
    -Weight graph only loads when requested 
    -Improvements to weight goal trends 
    -Default weight viewer lengths 
    -Barbell helper calculates which plates to load 
    -Timer now has lap mode 
    -Delay Start option in timer 
    -Bug/Crash fixes

Updated in 3.2.1:
    -Improved filesystem for faster loading, saving, and syncing
    -Sounds when timers expire
    -Smarter trend lines on weight graph 
    -BMI trends on weight graph 
    -Ability to run application without an account 
    -Improved workout entry page 
    -Display logged in user on profile/sync page 
    -Bug fixes and stability improvements 

Updated in 3.1:
    -User Experience improvements: Faster page loading, quicker startup, progress bars, animiations, etc
    -Ability to run behind a locked screen
    -Improvements to routine quick adder
    -More powerful searching
    -In app help/tips
    -Bug fixes

Updated in 3.0: 
    -Images/Videos/Descriptions of exercises
    -Redesigned new entry page
    -Timers - stopwatch/countdown/intervals
    -Percentage calculator added to new entry/1RM calculator pages
    -View workouts by tag and search
    -Default routines added
    -Improved routine quick add ability
    -cardio exercises fixed on stats page
    -metric conversion bug fixed on stats page
    -various small bug fixes and UI tweaks
    -(pro) fixed auto-sync bug that caused workouts to not appear
    -(pro) added sync status page

Version 2.8:
    -Ability to enter past body weight entries
    -Go Home button added to view routines and view exercises pages
    -Fixed issue causing new exercises to not show up immediately
    -Fixed issue causing metric workout entries to decrease in weight
    Version 3.2 was published to the marketplace last night.

-Improved filesystem for faster loading, saving, and syncing
    -Sounds when timers expire
    -Smarter trend lines on weight graph
    -BMI trends on weight graph
    -Ability to run application without an account
    -Improved workout entry page
    -Display logged in user on profile/sync page
    -Bug fixes and stability improvements
    I'm on Mango.

Just tested it - it always happens when I'm on the routine screen and I press the home key and then press back to resume into the app. The ads show on the bottom of the screen. It looks like if I then go back into the main menu of the app and from there go back to routines, the ads disappear.

Also happens with the Mango multitasking/resume in the same general way - in the routine screen, then switching out and switching back in I get the ads on the bottom