Droid razr maxx conversion kits now on sale!

Search This thread

Zadabest

Mar 30, 2010
109.95 on cellphone repair shop.

Assembly is required.

Thoughts?

Sent from my XT910 using XDA

bbabiuk

Mar 22, 2011
Winnipeg
109.95 on cellphone repair shop.

Assembly is required.

Thoughts?

It's funny. I saw the posting on engadget about this, and was curious how the forum would react to it. I am intrigued. I just am not sure if :

a. I am brave enough to rip open my RAZR to perform surgery.
b. want to part with my device that long to get it upgraded.
c. want to spend more money on this device, as I have a horrible track record of changing devices after a year to 18 months, and I am almost 5 months in.

Zadabest

Mar 30, 2010
For me it mostly depends how much it costs to have them install it for me...

At a reasonable price I'd definitely look into it later on... I like to aim for 24 months of phone usage before switching and it's been only one so far...

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
any videos provided? the site says htey provide training videos and instructions on how to do it on purchase.. did anyone actually uorchase this and see the video?

jwheeler73

Dec 22, 2010
This is listed at Cellphone Repair Shop's listing for the conversion kit:
" Professional installation fee is $9.95 This a Genuine Motorola Level 2 Part, therefore you must ship your phone to our national repair center to be serviced by an Authorized Motorola Technician. We're sorry but this part is not sold without installation service."
That's not a bad price for installation but I can't be without my phone if it takes 2 weeks to service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

droidxrooting

Jan 23, 2011
All of the sudden I got excited about it and remembered that in a month I can get a free new smartphone. HAHA

Adauth

Feb 7, 2011
New Orleans
I'll wait for some more time to pass to see if this works correctly, if any more/better kits come along, etc. etc. , I am in no rush to get one as my stock battery works just fine as is now. However if they come up with a proven conversion kit that works and has no problems i'll happily buy the bigger battery.

Utekking

Apr 27, 2012
Easton, Pa
I don't believe that they have done anything yet with the kits.

I myself and trying to figure out what I want to do since you really need to send in your phone or not? I guess it depends on warranty as well, may have to send them in in order to keep it active.

deboyz1014

Jan 21, 2011
I don't understand the point of shelling out 100+ dollars with a chance of killing your phone. You can buy an external battery for around 20 bux at monoprice and it can be use to charge your tablet, phone or anything that take the mini/micro usb charge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the cell-phone-repair-shop.com sucks.

I placed my order on May 14th. The site said " orders placed will ship on or before May 31st. Most likely before."

On May 27th I got an email that said my order will ship by June 31st.

On June 24th I logged into my account at their site and it now says "orders will be shipped by July31st. "

Basically, These people are taking orders and blowing smoke. They took the time to cancel my order today but didn't refund my money.

I'd say hold on to your $119 and put it toward the new Samsung Galaxy S3:good:
    I hope a white kit will become available.

Sent from my Eclipse 1.3 DROID RAZR using xda premium
    Did they refund you?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Yea. They canceled my order. A week went by with no refund. I emailed them and got no response. I opened a dispute with paypal ( I paid through paypal) and within 2 hours I had a refund.

The are screwing off over there and taking orders for stuff they don't have. They keep changing the "ship" date and keep telling everyone "you're next on the ship list".

Hell with that. I'm gonna be getting the samsung Galaxy 3 anyway. I have always owned Samsung phones and I don't know why I changed to Motorola but I regretted it too late. Back to samsung I go.
    Does anybody know in which european shop I can buy original EB40 battery for RAZR? Cellphone-repair-shop doesn't ship to Poland and ships prices to other european countries is to high :/

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...910-xt912-strong-version-maxx/1582026163.html
    A little late for me but I am confirming that cell phone repair shop's website is offering these kits for $50 off right now. I just ordered mine and installed the upgraded battery myself. Only thing I wish I had done was purchase the T3 and T5 Torx drivers, as it is VERY difficult to find (at least where I live). I finally found a small T3 and had to pay $10 for it! I made sure to purchase the frame to make it easier on the assembly. Everything worked great and didn't have any issues.

It came with new camera plastic, which I needed even after being as careful as I could, the metallic coating separated from the plastic as I was removing it. I did not use double sided tape so I do have a small gap as well between my battery and back cover but it is not an issue to me. They also give out a much smaller ammount of 3M tape to attach the battery to the interior of the phone, but it is quite effective still.

Their website also gives a link to a youtube video that shows you step by step. While I was working on my phone, I was playing and pausing the video as I went along and it helped a lot (it even shows re-assembly, for those of you who forget which screws went where :p )

For the heat gun I just used a blow-dryer and set it to high heat and high power and also had a cone on it to narrow the beam of hot air and it definitely did the trick.

I can help with any other questions as I installed this myself within the past week.