Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sirlinux03

Jul 22, 2010
Tampa, FL
I hope this guide help more than one.
This is what I've been doing since the first ROM I flashed. I've never had any problem or any bug other than the “Not Working” in the OP of all ROMs and I've tried a lot or ROMs
Evo4g Hdw0003
AmonRA v2.3
16g partitioned SD (2g ext4)

1-Download the ROM and Kernel(if apply) to my computer
2-move the ROM and the kernel to my SD root
3-Back-up my apps and apps data (I use MyBackup root)
4-reboot into recovery and **WIPE cache and dalvik-cache**
5-backup my current ROM
6-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** and **WIPE all userdata/factory reset**
7-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
8-flash the ROM
9-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
10-flash the kernel (if apply)
11-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
12-reboot your new ROM
-Once u get into your home screen and set up your google account, restore your apps and apps data (if any problem with any app just clear the data)
-Make any change on the settings if you want to change anything. (including min, max and governor)
-Let it sit for a while, (I always do 1 hr at least)
-Reboot into recovery and guess what???? **WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
-Reboot and enjoy

I don't thing I have a super evo or an alien evo. I do this with any ROM and I do the same with my wife one and NEVER had any problem with anything. I'm not a developer or a genius or anything like that. I just read, follow the instructions and thats it.
Don't forget to WIPE, just saying!!

btw; stock search

Reactions: kendallc123

sy224048

Why don't you do that since you wanted search2apps in the first place.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Because I wanted ics recent apps, not GB recent apps, and to do ICS recent apps I would need to know how to dev, which I don't. And I'd rather have search than GB recent apps.

Either way, screw them both, sense 4 recent apps is the way to go!

Last edited:

systemshock869

Aug 30, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The search key can be mapped through system settings (for sure on cm7, not sure about cm9), can you not set it to pull up recent apps? At least with rom toolbox lite installed there is an option to map it to a more technical command. I like installing the tinyurl app and using long-press search to bring it up.. very handy!
Just my .02

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

thunda_chunky

Jul 26, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Stick to the stock Search function. Personally, I use it more than I can count. And if someone really wants it, seems like sy224048 has a good handle on how to make it happen. If it could be turned into a flashable zip, that's great. Otherwise, it just seems frivolous to have both Home long press and Search do the same thing. Just my two cents.

sy224048

Stick to the stock Search function. Personally, I use it more than I can count. And if someone really wants it, seems like sy224048 has a good handle on how to make it happen. If it could be turned into a flashable zip, that's great. Otherwise, it just seems frivolous to have both Home long press and Search do the same thing. Just my two cents.

Actually I don't have a complete handle, Mazda made a modification to the Android. Policy. Jar that makes it possible. But yeah I can do half of it lol.

Reactions: madunix

wojosama

Oct 3, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Wait, we have a search button? :p

On a serious note, for the few people with the wifi/bluetooth/airplane mode not responding, it is definitely because of an app that was installed. I think it was ReppinTheSouth that said juicedefender did it to him, and i can add go power master to that as well. So it would seem that apps that try to control the radios automatically are what cause it. At least that's my best hypothesis.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that simply unistalling the offending app does not fix it.
EDIT2: Also, I don't mean to imply that said apps are broken in any way, just that if you are having this problem then it's likely a result of using them.

Last edited:

OneDeep

Jan 2, 2011
Ah man, good luck. I had an issue with my USB port and they told me I had to have the phone replaced. Paid the $100 for Asurion replacement, but I ended up with an 004 HW version. Still miss my old Evo to this day.

I suggest you thoroughly test it STOCK before doing anything. Issues like phone not responding to power button, weird glitches where the phone will randomly act like you're pressing on the screen (towards the bottom, you'll know if the phone starts launching apps on the bottom drawer).

If you have any of these problems, report it to Asurion. Only thing is, they may send you an Evo3D (if they didn't already replace your Evo with one of these), many of which have the same issues.

EDIT: My 2 cents on the search button, not a big deal either way, but I really don't like search-to-recentapps. It was fine the way it was.

Went into the store told them my issues got a 'new' evo ordered, well refrub but they didn't say that! Should be here Monday and back to rooting all for FREE! I just hope the new one don't give me more headaches!

MizzouBrent

Feb 19, 2011
Olathe, KS
This rom is kicking ass. One question I had was why 384 was set as the CPU min by default? I switched back to 245 but wasn't sure if there was a benefit to doing this while on ics.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

X

Xdaoscar996

Anybody havng issues with wifi, sonetimes it just says on "turning on" and doesnt find any networks .

P.s. i dont see the point of the new search button thing. Thanks guy who kept asking for it, now my voice search button is gone................ LOL jk.

Last edited:

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
Wait, we have a search button? :p

On a serious note, for the few people with the wifi/bluetooth/airplane mode not responding, it is definitely because of an app that was installed. I think it was ReppinTheSouth that said juicedefender did it to him, and i can add go power master to that as well. So it would seem that apps that try to control the radios automatically are what cause it. At least that's my best hypothesis.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that simply unistalling the offending app does not fix it.
EDIT2: Also, I don't mean to imply that said apps are broken in any way, just that if you are having this problem then it's likely a result of using them.

I did say that I noticed the issue with Juice Defender but I also mentioned doing a fresh install of the ROM with a fresh download seemed to resolve the problem. I also had an issue where I couldn't change my ringtone or default keyboard. Same thing happened like with bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode.........it was like the phone didn't register key touches for those settings. This went away with the fresh install as well so I kind of concluded it was an install/download problem. Try reinstalling and see if that works. ;)

This rom is kicking ass. One question I had was why 384 was set as the CPU min by default? I switched back to 245 but wasn't sure if there was a benefit to doing this while on ics.

That's a good question. I never thought of why the cpu settings were set where they were. I assumed it was random but maybe it's for a specific reason. One thing I will mention is that CM7 had wakelock issues and many people mentioned setting the cpu min frequency to 384 seemed to resolve it. I left my setting at 384 and have not had any wakelock issues. Maybe that's why it was set this way.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Anybody havng issues with wifi, sonetimes it just says on "turning on" and doesnt find any networks .

P.s. i dont see the point of the new search button thing. Thanks guy who kept asking for it, now my voice search button is gone................ LOL jk.

Read my response above and see if that helps. A fresh install appeared to fix it on 1.5 but I can't confirm it will fix it on 1.6.

svdabc

Oct 2, 2010
Great Rom !!!!!!!! Nice Work.

I am using this ROM for every day use. I also installed latest 1.6.
This is one of the best !!!
No issues at all. :D
Thanks so much..................

Only thing I didn't find is setting timeout for display. It doesn't timeout automatically.

Reactions: theHURRICANE

jboyer0000

Jan 16, 2011
Jackson, MI

Idk if its just me but I tend to get a little lag on wake up with he min set at 245. So I would guess its set there to resolve any wake lock issues:D

sha4000

Aug 20, 2011
Flashed 1.6 and the new.15rc4 with no problems earlier today with no problems other than like some have already said my wifi tether is not working.

Jan 8, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Awesome!

Hello everyone! So Ive been lurking around this forum for years and never really felt compelled to comment on any particular thread but I had to chime in on this one. Amazing job on this rom! Ive been an og evo owner for a while and have tried just about every rom out there (particularly all the ics roms and ports). Used decks pretty faithfully until this came out. The smoothness and overall functionality is unbeatable. Keep up the good work!

Now on to my question. Generally, I tend to find the answers to my own questions through the use of the magical search buttons in the forum. However, this time I have been able to find my issue addressed and was hoping to get some help. Im running 1.6 and have not had any fc's or reboots, but I did find one glitch. Whenever I get an incoming call, the answer/ignore slider at the bottom is all distorted and kind of off the bottom of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this or do I should I reflash? I always follow the recommended install steps for any rom I test (so of course I full wiped, properly partitioned, etc.).

Also, I noticed that 1.6 is supposed to have Beats/Xloud baked in. When exactly is this used? Am I supposed to see the little beats icon when Im playing music with headphones plugged in? I only see the DSP manager in the app drawer and nothing having to do with beats or xloud.

Thanks for any input you can share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Delete thread
    Delete thread
    Happy Memorial Day!!

Alright fellas, I'll see you guys later on tonight with a copy of CM9 v1.5 NON A2SD and a few flashable mods!

Enjoy the rest of the day and have a healthy and safe Memorial Day! Also remember those that have given the ultimate sacrifice so you can enjoy the freedoms they fought for! As a veteran of nine years in the military, I will always remember!

Additionally, thanks to those whose still risk their lives to keep those rights strong! If you guys didn't know our very own mazwoz is currently deployed so head over to his thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1481091 and give him a thanks or two while you're getting your BBQ on today!!

Til tonight....Stay Safe!!
    Disclaimer

****************PLEASE READ****************

I am not going to continue answering questions related to any MODs outside of what I've posted on the second post of this thread! IF and WHEN you decide to flash the Reloaded ICS aka CM9 UI Enhancements which are found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222 you need to post on that thread because I'm not in any way or form involved in that development project! If you flash ANY mod and run into problems, that's on YOU!

This ROM by itself runs like a champ in my personal opinion and I think I have a handful of people that would agree!

I would like to make it clear once again, this ROM on it's own....NO MODS, NO TWEAKS or ANYTHING ELSE that you find on another thread, runs without any problems aside from those listed under known issues in the OP!

Please don't take this the wrong way or think I'm being rude BUT stopping to answer questions about something that is beyond my control (Reloaded ICS) is getting in the way of doing what I truly would like to do to this ROM! It is also getting in the way of filling requests that members have posted.

Thank you and I hope we can get back on track here!

Alex aka Mazdarider23 :D:D
    The OP has been updated with CM9 V1.5!! ALSO, do me a favor and read the ENTIRE OP as most of the common questions are answered IF you read the OP!!