Battery Not Recognized?

Search This thread

Froogloops

Sep 25, 2010
So randomly my brother's Galaxy S3 stopped recognizing receiving power from the battery. He thought maybe the battery was dead but we've tested with my battery (fully charge) and nothing happens. When plugged in with a full charged battery it shows the battery level indicator screen with an empty battery. Any ideas? Have flashed phone back to full stock just in case that was causing issues.

EDIT: Realized the battery is recognized but phone is not getting any power from it. With battery in I can boot into download mode. Without battery in I cannot boot into download mode.

Also re-unlocked bootloader, flashed an old version of CWM and cleared battery stats. No dice.

Last edited:

5ft24

Apr 21, 2011
Mount Vernon
So randomly my brother's Galaxy S3 stopped recognizing receiving power from the battery. He thought maybe the battery was dead but we've tested with my battery (fully charge) and nothing happens. When plugged in with a full charged battery it shows the battery level indicator screen with an empty battery. Any ideas? Have flashed phone back to full stock just in case that was causing issues.

EDIT: Realized the battery is recognized but phone is not getting any power from it. With battery in I can boot into download mode. Without battery in I cannot boot into download mode.

Also re-unlocked bootloader, flashed an old version of CWM and cleared battery stats. No dice.

Did you take the OTA to 4.3 before you downgraded? If so you have a soft brick and can repair it in download mode with ODIN and the stock 4.3 rom file

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Froogloops

Sep 25, 2010
Did you take the OTA to 4.3 before you downgraded? If so you have a soft brick and can repair it in download mode with ODIN and the stock 4.3 rom file

It's not bricked. If I give it enough power through the charger port I can boot into android just fine.

DiSiD

Oct 25, 2013
Maybe the battery just crapped out? (Maybe need New battery)