[Q] Installable system app?

Search This thread

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Hello everyone,

I would like to know how to convert a non-installable system apk (/system/app/*.apk) into a normally installable apk file.

If there are some needed tools please provide links as this will help me very much doing what I'm planning to do after my exams.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
~J2C

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
No you can't.
You need root.
But you can install it on a non rooted device and root it at the same time on a 534 FTF

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's exactly what I was thinking about.

But lets get back to the topic, How to make the system apk installable? (I know that some apks in /system/app are installable, but I'm talking about the non-installable ones)

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Convert file System Apks to installable once, I think is not that simple and I hope someone know how to do that. Otherwise is simpler install recovery and flash them. Sorry to not help much more.

It's ok, I don't expect that everyone passes by and leave a opinion to give help, xda people share thoughts with each other..

Last edited:
Reactions: eclyptos

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
This part is not clear to me. If I installing the Recovery on non rooted device, how the recovery will root it at the same time? I will still have recovery without root.

Option 3 > installation on unrooted ROM.

Because the installation script can gain a temporary root shell
It uses that to install the dual recovery
then its as simple as flashing SuperSU.zip or a pre rooted rom to gain "Full" root.

Top Liked Posts