Galaxy SII GT-I9100 G Q&A

Search This thread

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
Hello everyone, i have a question. This is for my friends Samsung Galaxy SII G version.. Earlier today we flashed SupeRom version 3.1 without first flashing version 3.0 (misread) And now it gets stuck on the boatload screen saying that "no application can open this" meaning we can't get into the phone's internal SD card.. my question is whether or not we can flash ROM using CWM from the MicroSD (external SD card) Thanks~

punjprateek

Dec 4, 2011
new delhi
Hello everyone, i have a question. This is for my friends Samsung Galaxy SII G version.. Earlier today we flashed SupeRom version 3.1 without first flashing version 3.0 (misread) And now it gets stuck on the boatload screen saying that "no application can open this" meaning we can't get into the phone's internal SD card.. my question is whether or not we can flash ROM using CWM from the MicroSD (external SD card) Thanks~
Yes u can flash from cwm

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
Thanks for the fast reply:)

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I already put the version 3.0 file (SupeROM) into my microSD, tried flashing it through CWM, but it just says "installation Aborted" is there something i should do? I mean the phone is just stuck and can't connect phone to the computer because i can't get passed the boot.. is there something specific i should do before trying to flash ROM through MicroSD? maybe reformat MicroSD? etc?

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Basically my friend gets this issue "Process%1$s is not responding" A factory Reset doesn't work, we tried flashing Version 3.0 to no avail as it just says Installation aborted.. So now every time we reboot we just get the issue stated above.. So what should we do? We didn't do android backup (our mistake) is there anything we can do..

punjprateek

Dec 4, 2011
new delhi
Ru able to work on phone or u are presisting boot problem ?
And how did u root ur phone nd wat steps u followed to install the rom ?

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Thanks for the fast reply:)

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I already put the version 3.0 file (SupeROM) into my microSD, tried flashing it through CWM, but it just says "installation Aborted" is there something i should do? I mean the phone is just stuck and can't connect phone to the computer because i can't get passed the boot.. is there something specific i should do before trying to flash ROM through MicroSD? maybe reformat MicroSD? etc?

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Basically my friend gets this issue "Process%1$s is not responding" A factory Reset doesn't work, we tried flashing Version 3.0 to no avail as it just says Installation aborted.. So now every time we reboot we just get the issue stated above.. So what should we do? We didn't do android backup (our mistake) is there anything we can do..

u cant install superomv3.0 like u install superomv3.1..it requires diff step..u must place it in ur sdcard/clockworkmod/backup..then u can only install superomv3.0 by restore it in cwm..

for ur case,u cant use sdcard as ur phone got bootloop..wht u need to do u can try extract superomv3.0 n copy the folder into external sdcard/clockworkmod/backup..if u dont see the folder,u have to create it by urself..then go into cwm under backup n restore/restore from ext sdcard..there u will find superomv3.0..logically this can be done but i havent tried it coz usually i placed my backup in sdcard..:)

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
u cant install superomv3.0 like u install superomv3.1..it requires diff step..u must place it in ur sdcard/clockworkmod/backup..then u can only install superomv3.0 by restore it in cwm..

for ur case,u cant use sdcard as ur phone got bootloop..wht u need to do u can try extract superomv3.0 n copy the folder into external sdcard/clockworkmod/backup..if u dont see the folder,u have to create it by urself..then go into cwm under backup n restore/restore from ext sdcard..there u will find superomv3.0..logically this can be done but i havent tried it coz usually i placed my backup in sdcard..:)

Thanks for the reply, i tried what you stated above but also to no avail.. I made a folder called clockworkmod and folder backup inside it, and extracted the .zip file inside the backup folder, then i went on CWM clicked install from sd card (external) found the folder and clicked on it, but all it said was file is empty.. Any other way? i read somewhere that from CWM you could mount usb storage to your pc and access your internal storage but when i tried nothing happens.. My laptop would not read it.. Is there a reason why? and is there a way i could flash another kernel through CWM without using Odinflash?

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Thanks for the reply, i tried what you stated above but also to no avail.. I made a folder called clockworkmod and folder backup inside it, and extracted the .zip file inside the backup folder, then i went on CWM clicked install from sd card (external) found the folder and clicked on it, but all it said was file is empty.. Any other way? i read somewhere that from CWM you could mount usb storage to your pc and access your internal storage but when i tried nothing happens.. My laptop would not read it.. Is there a reason why? and is there a way i could flash another kernel through CWM without using Odinflash?

empty?u do install or u do restore?it suppose to do restore..under backup & restore..about the mount usb storage i dont know how to do it..yes,u can flash lucifr kernel..use the one stated for CWM..do u have other rom besides superom?if u have u can try flash it..then the bootloop will solved n u can easily place superomv3.0 in internal sdcard..

Reactions: Leemur89

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
empty?u do install or u do restore?it suppose to do restore..under backup & restore..about the mount usb storage i dont know how to do it..yes,u can flash lucifr kernel..use the one stated for CWM..do u have other rom besides superom?if u have u can try flash it..then the bootloop will solved n u can easily place superomv3.0 in internal sdcard..

If I'm flashing lucfr kernel straight from Superatmos kernel is there any complications? And when you say that i can flash through CWM, can i flash it through external sd card (microsd?)
Btw just now i pressed both, for restore it didn't show the file at all, it was just blank (maybe because i didn't make any nadndroid backup) So i clicked install..

punjprateek

Dec 4, 2011
new delhi
If I'm flashing lucfr kernel straight from Superatmos kernel is there any complications? And when you say that i can flash through CWM, can i flash it through external sd card (microsd?)
Btw just now i pressed both, for restore it didn't show the file at all, it was just blank (maybe because i didn't make any nadndroid backup) So i clicked install..

Dude listen carefully flaah lucofer kernal nd wipe cache u will have no.complications nd for.installing superrom u need to create a backup 1st then remove the backup file replacing it with superrom file plsss dnt delete the folder inside the backup folder the folder would be created naming like date mnth year u need to replace the backup file with superrom file
I hope u understood if not plss feel free to pm me

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
Dude listen carefully flaah lucofer kernal nd wipe cache u will have no.complications nd for.installing superrom u need to create a backup 1st then remove the backup file replacing it with superrom file plsss dnt delete the folder inside the backup folder the folder would be created naming like date mnth year u need to replace the backup file with superrom file
I hope u understood if not plss feel free to pm me

My friend will PM you his problem, basically we did flash the lucifr kernel with no difficulties as it says successful.. I tried to reboot though but problem still persists so I'm not able to gain access to the internal storage. And as for the backup on CWM, it doesn't appear on my microSD so I'm not able to replace the backup file.

Ru able to work on phone or u are presisting boot problem ?
And how did u root ur phone nd wat steps u followed to install the rom ?

We are able to work on the phone but only via CWM.. We rooted our phone by flashing Superatmos ROM via odinflash. And as for the root, we made a big mistake in thinking that the SupeROM v3.1 itself was a custom ROM and so we decided to just flash the V3.1, this was before we read that v3.1 can only be updated once we have V3.0 but it was too late then.. Everytime we reboot the phone, it would get stuck on title page and just says "Process%1$s is not responding."

punjprateek

Dec 4, 2011
new delhi
My friend will PM you his problem, basically we did flash the lucifr kernel with no difficulties as it says successful.. I tried to reboot though but problem still persists so I'm not able to gain access to the internal storage. And as for the backup on CWM, it doesn't appear on my microSD so I'm not able to replace the backup file.

We are able to work on the phone but only via CWM.. We rooted our phone by flashing Superatmos ROM via odinflash. And as for the root, we made a big mistake in thinking that the SupeROM v3.1 itself was a custom ROM and so we decided to just flash the V3.1, this was before we read that v3.1 can only be updated once we have V3.0 but it was too late then.. Everytime we reboot the phone, it would get stuck on title page and just says "Process%1$s is not responding."

Flash the official firmware nd flash latest lucifer kernel then wipe cache partition nd factory reset then after u shld boot but for flashing superrom u shld be on specific firmware

Tjecing

Mar 26, 2012
Any link for the official firmware? and do i flash it just like any ROM?

Here is what i did for clean installation:

A. What i need:
1. Download latest stock firmware for GT-i9100G base on local (country) version here
2. Download SuperAtmos Kernel V3.1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369977
3. Download Superrrom V3.0 here
4. Download Superrom V3.1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1374135
5. Download odin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365805

B. Flashing Stock Firmware:
1. Extract downloaded latest stock firmware of GT-i9100G
2. Flash .tar as PDA through odin
3. Restore factory setting and format usb (will clean all your data plz backup if necessary)
All clean now back to New

C. Flashing Superatmos kernel v3.1 (Based on XXLA1)
1. Flash Superatmos kernel v3.1 .tar as pda through odin
2. Reboot ...kernel done....

D. Flashing Superrom V3.0 (Use Restore Method):
1. Extract Superrom V3.0.zip then You will find a folder
2. Create new folder tree on internal sdcard /clockworkmod/backup/ (not micro sd!!)
3. Copy Superrom V3.0 folder to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/
4. Reboot into CWM recovery
5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
6. Wipe Cache
7. wipe dalvik-cache and fix permissions
8. Go to backup/restore option
9. Select SuperROM_v3.0 and RESTORE
10. Reboot ....Superrom V3.0 Done...

E. Flashing Update Superrom v3.1:
1. Copy Superrom V3.1.zip to sdcard (no need to extract the zip)
2. Reboot into CWM recovery
3. Go to Install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard
4. Select SuperROM_v3.1 then flash it!
4. Reboot ....Updating Done.....
That's all.. hope this will help..

punjprateek

Dec 4, 2011
new delhi
Here is what i did for clean installation:

A. What i need:
1. Download latest stock firmware for GT-i9100G base on local (country) version here
2. Download SuperAtmos Kernel V3.1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369977
3. Download Superrrom V3.0 here
4. Download Superrom V3.1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1374135
5. Download odin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365805

B. Flashing Stock Firmware:
1. Extract downloaded latest stock firmware of GT-i9100G
2. Flash .tar as PDA through odin
3. Restore factory setting and format usb (will clean all your data plz backup if necessary)
All clean now back to New

C. Flashing Superatmos kernel v3.1 (Based on XXLA1)
1. Flash Superatmos kernel v3.1 .tar as pda through odin
2. Reboot ...kernel done....

D. Flashing Superrom V3.0 (Use Restore Method):
1. Extract Superrom V3.0.zip then You will find a folder
2. Create new folder tree on internal sdcard /clockworkmod/backup/ (not micro sd!!)
3. Copy Superrom V3.0 folder to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/
4. Reboot into CWM recovery
5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
6. Wipe Cache
7. wipe dalvik-cache and fix permissions
8. Go to backup/restore option
9. Select SuperROM_v3.0 and RESTORE
10. Reboot ....Superrom V3.0 Done...

E. Flashing Update Superrom v3.1:
1. Copy Superrom V3.1.zip to sdcard (no need to extract the zip)
2. Reboot into CWM recovery
3. Go to Install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard
4. Select SuperROM_v3.1 then flash it!
4. Reboot ....Updating Done.....
That's all.. hope this will help..

Leemur follow his firmware installation step but i prefer u to use lucifer kernel

Reactions: Leemur89

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
Thank you all for the reply. I will do it first thing in the morning. :) bless you all.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

Tjecing

Mar 26, 2012
Leemur follow his firmware installation step but i prefer u to use lucifer kernel

I've flashed lucifr kernel before but after flashing superrom v3.0, the kernel turns into superatmos kernel v3.0 no idea why so.. Later i just flash the latest superatmos kernel v3.1 and set the cpu 800-800 with performance scaling..
I am very satisfied coz the battery's more durable and no lag at all.. Love both kernel and rom by superatmos..

nitinvaid

Its bcoz its totally based on stock kernel
I've flashed lucifr kernel before but after flashing superrom v3.0, the kernel turns into superatmos kernel v3.0 no idea why so.. Later i just flash the latest superatmos kernel v3.1 and set the cpu 800-800 with performance scaling..
I am very satisfied coz the battery's more durable and no lag at all.. Love both kernel and rom by superatmos..

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA App

Reactions: Tjecing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post all your general Q/A Here Dont spam the thread ;)
    Please Help,
    I have a Bricked I9100g. It is totally dead. it seems that it's called Sleep Cpu Mode.
    Can any Box / JTAG Repair my phone?
    What is the solution?:(

have you flashed any rom??
    Actually if you used the app by Chainfire, it does report our chipset as faulty...but so far none bricked their phones because of this...and since codeworkx already disabled MMC cap erase in his CWM kernel (other devs did the same), so it is perfectly safe to factory reset using those kernels...but it is different for temporary CWM as the source is unknown...better to use permanent CWM...:)
    Sup guys
    Recently purchased galaxy s2 i9100g upgraded to jb n I have rooted it.
    No I just wanted to know which custom rom should I use n noob guide plz :)
    Fast n stable.
    Thanks in advance

xda rocks :p

Hey. It's really a matter of choice which ROM. You decide to go with. I can't tell you which would be the best for you, but I can tell you which ones I like.

First of all there is MIUI v5 android 4.1. It's polished and beautiful. And is based on stock samsung ROM. It's quite good but, in my experience' unfortunately less responsive than android 4.2 ROMs.

Secondly there is Cyanogenmod. it is Rock stable and very fast. Most of the other ROMs are either based on this ROM or at least use a part of it. It has the most number of users globally.

And finally there is PAC (parandroid - AOKP - Cyanogenmod). It's a mash up of all the best ROMs. It's fast and filled with more features than you can figure out in a day.

My opinion, keep things simple for the first time you flash aROM. Go with cyanogenmod. But don't install the new 4.3 ROMs. They are mostly in beta stages right now.

There are a lot more ROMs that i haven't tried. And these three are the ones i like.

Noob guide:
    1. Download the ROM u want.
    2. DOWNLOAD the Gapps (Google Apps)
    Put them into the sd cart of your phone.
    3. Turn your phone off.
    4. Boot into recovery mode.( hold volume up + home button and then power button for some seconds and then release)
    5. Take a back up (optional)
    6. Factory reset
    7 wipe cache
    8 go to advanced - wipe dalvik cache
    9 install zip from sd card - choose zip (it goes into a file system mod where you can see your files and find the zip you want to install)
    10 INstall the ROM
    11 install Gapps
    12 factory reset - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache
    13 reboot phone

Usually the first booting takes a little bit more time. Wait for it.

Note:
    First, make sure to read the installing instructions for each ROM at the first of the ROM thread. Read as many pages of the thread as you can to find everything you want to know.

P.s: there are hundreds of better guides on line. Next time you need something just simply google it. It's probably already out there. And remember, rom choosing is highly personal. So try the Rom, don't ask questions about it.

Good luck
    how can i open the lcd-menu?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

*#0*# for lcd menu ;-)