Lost Touch After Restoring

Search This thread

jpmrno

Aug 27, 2013
Hi there,

Today I restored an old copy of my data but when it finished I lost the ability to touch de screen, everything works (like software and hardware buttons) but touch screen doesn't. I have TWRP so I can't use the recovery either. Please help me!

Thank you in advance!

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What data did you restore? I would flash the system.img from the factory image in fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Restored an old backup made by the same recovery, can't understand why this happened. Will try that when I get home! Thanks.

a backup wouldnt do that. and even if it did(if it was a software derp), it wouldnt affect the recovery. the recovery has its separate software, and a separate kernel. a hardware issue would affect both. id try reflashing the factory img, if it does not help, then it is a hardware issue.

jpmrno

Aug 27, 2013
a backup wouldnt do that. and even if it did(if it was a software derp), it wouldnt affect the recovery. the recovery has its separate software, and a separate kernel. a hardware issue would affect both. id try reflashing the factory img, if it does not help, then it is a hardware issue.

Yes but the problem is that it was working correctly until the backup finished restoring. After it finished, I couldn't touch the restart buttom on the TWRP screen so I turned off and on again the device and discovered that the touch wasn't working. Kind of weird.

jpmrno

Aug 27, 2013
Restored everything to stock and still doesn't work. Should be a hardware issue but can't understand how it happened, it was working correctly until the TWRP restore.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Restored everything to stock and still doesn't work. Should be a hardware issue but can't understand how it happened, it was working correctly until the TWRP restore.
Probably just coincidence but if reassuring to stock didn't cure it it probably is a hardware issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5