CM10.1 based ROM #8 - [4.2.2] Broken: radio, batt indicator, GPS

Search This thread

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
I cant remember how to get fastboot mode for the g2x. Either way the zimage needs to be turned into a boot.img to begin with.

DankoFGL

Jan 13, 2012
Caracas
Actually that could work..

Using old unofficial cm10 without any "tweaks" from the hackfest...

I don't know much of this, but i think that old cm10 is cleaner and unmodded than hackfest...

Enviado desde mi LG-P999 usando Tapatalk 2

daygen4545

Aug 12, 2011
I cant remember how to get fastboot mode for the g2x. Either way the zimage needs to be turned into a boot.img to begin with.

I can't remember how to get into fastboot, but i used to compile kernels for the samsung intercept, and this guide helped tons with decompiling boot imgs, and to compile the zimage into a boot.img, am i right on saying you need an initramfs to go with it?

King-Nai

Nov 22, 2011
When creating the boot.img, make sure to add --base 0x10000000 to the mkbootimg command or it won't work. Also, the /dev/ names have changed. Try creating aliases to the old ones for the new kernel to work? Just a thought.

The original ICS booting on this device actually used a CM7 kernel. I know because I swapped the ICS kernel with the CM7 kernel to get it to boot. So I think older builds won't make much of a difference. It's most likely just the kernel.

Edit: mkbootimg --kernel zImage --ramdisk ramdisk -o boot.img --base 0x10000000

Found at: http://simply-android.com/discussion/1283/how-to-unpack-and-repack-boot.img-for-g2x/p1

Last edited:

n30wav3

Dec 24, 2010
London

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
I hate how windows is not case sensitive so I have to switch to linux to put the img file into a zip to flash it. I will try later on tonight.

kepapas

May 21, 2012
Let's get this going guys I wish I could help but I have a wallet

g2x mokee os

GeneralCrocket

Jul 14, 2012
Thanks for giving the G2x community hope, guys.

How do I flash the .img? I feel like I should know this considering I've been flashing stuff for a while now. I'm embarrassed. :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

n30wav3

Dec 24, 2010
London

How do I flash the .img? I feel like I should know this considering I've been flashing stuff for a while now. I'm embarrassed. :D

Its not flashable... right now... u can push this file using adb .... I have dual boot so I can move it but right now m setting up my android environment... so I will try after few mins

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

King-Nai

Nov 22, 2011
It's a bit large it seems. It's about 1mb bigger than my current boot.img from the hackfest. I have an update zip I will try it out shortly.

Last edited:

n30wav3

Dec 24, 2010
London
It's a bit large it seems. It's about 1mb bigger than my current boot.img from the hackfest. I have an update zip I will try it out shortly.

Bigger rom bigger kernel :D well its just a guess considering 500 MB stock ics rom is not a small one .... when gb was less than half of it

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx

Don't feel bad. I myself can remeber how to get into fastboot mode so I have to go back to linux to move the img into a zipfile once im done with windows. I use evernote for my classes so lately I have been in windows more often.

King-Nai

Nov 22, 2011
I just tried it, it doesn't boot :(

Doesn't get past the first LG logo, doesn't show up as USB. Doing the same thing as the original ICS did.

You should be able to just drop your zImage and wireless.ko file in this zip and it'll generate the boot.img for you when you install update from sd.

Attachments

• kernel2.zip
    8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below you'll find a whole rom for p999 based on the jellybean sources from CM repo compiled earlier in the week, using the modified defconfig with minor tweaks from cyanogenmod_p990_defconfig and a bootloader patch from wkpark (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33993473&postcount=636) applied. One day I noticed this patch on one of my sdcards and decided to apply it to my build, that patch actually has pushed me to a point where there was a black screen with operational adb, all the builds before that were useless, then I rolled a whole cm10 around it.

The black screen was due to missing ICS vendor blobs, and after throwing in the vendor_blobs from p990, the whole thing just magically booted up with almost everything functional (sdcard issues were due to a typo, and wifi due to wifi module getting overwritten by prebuilt one), but the cell radio and the battery meter. There was no other code-voodoo needed to get anything going up to this point. Naberus's patches were for brightness inclusion (P999 was missing in the ifdefs), and storage fix and gpio (if I recall correctly). The latest is being built from the plain CM10 kernel with addition of wkpark's patch. Yes, it is buttery smooth out of the box.

I'm trying to roll CM10.1 for the #7, so please be patient.
    UPDATE: I got CM10.1 (4.2.2) built.

If anyone feels adventurous, and knows what to do with these things below, please let me know. If you'll see some obvious mistakes in any of the things below, don't be a stranger and post your findings in the thread :)

Oh, and one last thing, please "no (log)cat fights girls"! ;)
    Please use the user-thread for non-development related discussions (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2039501)

Github repos:
    https://github.com/apolkosnik/lge-kernel-star
    https://github.com/apolkosnik/device_p999
    https://github.com/apolkosnik/android_device_lge_star-common

# 8
    CM10.1 (4.2.2) - Just updated to 4.2.2, and tried some spi master/slave magic in the kernel. Based on CM10.1 sources.
    cm-10.1-20130221-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip - 154.37 MB

CM10.1 (4.2.1) - some things are still broken. Based on CM10.1 sources,
    cm-10.1-20121215-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip - 150.80 MB

Added some extra blobs from p999, and kineto. You can disable kineto manually if it starts crashing on you.
    build.,prop adjusted to point to librilswitch.so. Some patches from Naberus merged, and also his MDM6600 changes.
    cm-10-20121209-UNOFFICIAL-p999_v6.zip.md5sum - 69 bytes
    cm-10-20121209-UNOFFICIAL-p999_v6.zip - 151.83 MB

#5:
    fixed wifi, and sdcard, so that you can take pictures and stuff. Netflix works :laugh: Cell radio and battery indicator are still not working.
    cm-10-20121209-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip.md5sum - 69 bytes
    cm-10-20121209-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip - 149.05 MB

#4:
    cm-10-20121208-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip.md5sum - 69 bytes
    cm-10-20121208-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip - 149.05 MB

#3:
    cyanogenmod_p999_defconfig - 82.61 KB
    star_kernel.diff - 33.77 KB
    cm-10-20121205-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip.md5sum - 69 bytes
    cm-10-20121205-UNOFFICIAL-p999.zip - 141.60 MB
    logcat.txt.gz - 60.38 KB
    dmesg.txt.gz - 17.81 KB

If you'd like t o roll your own, you can follow the directions outlined here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1971645
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024590

Contents of my .repo/local_manifest.xml

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_p990" path="device/lge/p990" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
      <project name="apolkosnik/android_device_lge_star-common" path="device/lge/star-common" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
      <project name="apolkosnik/lge-kernel-star" path="kernel/lge/star" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
      <project name="apolkosnik/device_p999" path="device/lge/p999" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge.git" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
    </manifest>

This would not happen without the CM kernel by RC and wkpark's patch, and the people who made comments in this thread.
    I just wanted to say that I'm still alive. I've actually just kicked off a fresh build with some stuff to test. I've also added GAN Virtual Ethernet Device, so it might be a bit closer on a wifi-calling front. We'll see what's up in the morning when the whole thing (ROM and the kernel) finishes building on my microserver.
    Re: CM10.1 based ROM #7 - Works: Camera, HWA, wifi, sdcard, Broken: radio, batt indic

Testing an idea, I had earlier today, that might get us the radio working... New build kicked off. I'll share more details over the weekend if any of that works.
    Wow who deleted all those posts here? What's goin on here....

Anyway.... mazout and adampk ... what's ur plan from now on... r u guys leaving it here or gonna push it further?.... btw adampk ... did u test ur last changes.... also if u guys are gonna push forward u have two things that u have.... a hackfest with radio working but no hwa and ur own rom with hwa working but no radio.... so if u r gonna push it further u will have to decide ....as people said.... (deleted posts) u guys have already pull out a miracle here... so any plans u guys will set will be welcomed :)

I won't quit the project without having tried anything. I have some ideas...
    Started building v7 some time last night after replacing some parts with stuff from p990 kernel sources. Once I'm confident it's working any better, I'll update the OP and push my repo changes to github.