[Q] Has anyone gotten the Optimum App working?

Search This thread

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
I have Cablevision/Optimum and they claim that you can watch programs and manage your DVR from the Optimum app. But I have repeatedly tried to get it working and it just force closes every time. I've tried on different ROMs, on Wifi, on Mobile. Nothing works.

Anyone ever got it working?

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
you must have xposed , its an old bug in xposed that prevents optimum from working. UNinstall xposed and it will fire right up

That's too bad. I'm using a ROM that I think has Xposed as part of the ROM, so it doesn't let me uninstall it. I would really love to get the optimum app working though. Maybe i'll back this ROM up and test it on my stock ROM I have saved.

EDIT: Dude, I've searched google for a long time trying to find a solution, and nothing. But thanks to you, I finally know what the issue is. The only problem now is, I don't really want to choose between Xposed, which I love, and Optimum, which I kinda really need. :(

Last edited:

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
another solution

That's too bad. I'm using a ROM that I think has Xposed as part of the ROM, so it doesn't let me uninstall it. I would really love to get the optimum app working though. Maybe i'll back this ROM up and test it on my stock ROM I have saved.

just get into the xposed app and choose uninstall xposed from the xposed interface itself. then test and see if that lets optimum work

Reactions: Techngro

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
So it's Xposed causing the problem. I wondered why it works on my Note 10.1 and Nexus 7 but my Note 3 just keeps trying to load it. I can live with that. My Note 10 is much better suited for it anyway.

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
forgot to mention

Wow. You're just full of useful information today. I'm adding you to my 'go-to' list for questions. :)

Xposed developer posted a fix for optimum, which would start the app, to control your dvr and such, but it didn't fix the live tv steam for me. Go to xposed and make sure you are up to date on the frame work and search IrdetoFix [1.0]. let us know if you can stream tv with it.

ryaske

Apr 8, 2007
Long Island, NY
Do you guys have the problem with an error and flashing of the screen / stealing focus from other apps every second?

Xposed developer posted a fix for optimum, which would start the app, to control your dvr and such, but it didn't fix the live tv steam for me. Go to xposed and make sure you are up to date on the frame work and search IrdetoFix [1.0]. let us know if you can stream tv with it.

great info... going for that update now. Wish it was auto update! I am on the ATT Note 3 though

breakerfall

May 7, 2006
Just found this module a few minutes ago and about pooped myself, then I loaded it and found that LiveTV still doesn't work. Did you ever get it working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xposed

you must have xposed , its an old bug in xposed that prevents optimum from working. UNinstall xposed and it will fire right up
    another solution

just get into the xposed app and choose uninstall xposed from the xposed interface itself. then test and see if that lets optimum work

Wow. You're just full of useful information today. I'm adding you to my 'go-to' list for questions. :)