[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][d2SPR] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

ArmyGurl2011

Apr 14, 2011
Kennesaw
Yes I did I grabbed the one and double checked before flashing it. I'm going to install twrp again backup in twrp and try this again. Thanks for sticking this out with me.

Did you grab the correct md4 modem and and reinstall twrp and retry this time also wipe data internal which should be right next to advance wipe

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

chriswbush

Dec 1, 2011
California
Yes I did I grabbed the one and double checked before flashing it. I'm going to install twrp again backup in twrp and try this again. Thanks for sticking this out with me.

Np dude tell me how it goes don't forget to back up your internal and wipe data that will be like a overkill on a clean flash but should work

ArmyGurl2011

Apr 14, 2011
Kennesaw
I am getting assert error 7 (ro.bootloader) something or another since trying to flash the 5/16 build or even 5/1

This worked for me when I did it in this order

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

please help anyone with assert error(ro.bootloader) I can' t remember as I am getting frustrated now.

chriswbush

Dec 1, 2011
California
I'm digging around, too. Let me know if you two figure it out, because now I'm curious. Thanks.

Sent from a van down by the river.

Oh I figured it out basically the meta data file under meta inf/com/android is set for the md4 bootloader and since she was on ljz and updated the firmware through twrp basically see it as lj7 so she has to do a Odin restore then reinstall twrp through goomanager and everything is set but I'm a try something that can maybe save her some time ( delete that line and have her boot up on pac reinstall twrp through goomanager and see if she still gets that error)

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I am getting assert error 7 (ro.bootloader) something or another since trying to flash the 5/16 build or even 5/1

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

please help anyone with assert error(ro.bootloader) I can' t remember as I am getting frustrated now.

sent you another pm with a fix my xda messager is weird so idk if you got my message or not lol

Jimmy_Christ

Jan 8, 2013
New Orleans
Oh I figured it out basically the meta data file under meta inf/com/android is set for the md4 bootloader and since she was on ljz and updated the firmware through twrp basically see it as lj7 so she has to do a Odin restore then reinstall twrp through goomanager and everything is set but I'm a try something that can maybe save her some time ( delete that line and have her boot up on pac reinstall twrp through goomanager and see if she still gets that error)

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

sent you another pm with a fix my xda messager is weird so idk if you got my message or not lol

Nice work.

Reactions: ArmyGurl2011

chriswbush

Dec 1, 2011
California
Nice work.

Lol it was right in my face but yeah basically if the zip I provided did work then that was the issue and the proper way of fixing it is to guarantee this does happen again is

Odin to md4
Install twrp through goomanager
Then flash

What that article that the guy supplied forgot to say was bootloader also not just firmware the d2 variants need to be updated bootloader wise which only possible way of doing is Odin to md4 but I have theory of just reinstalling twrp on a md4 based rom could fix or reinstalling twrp through goo on pac could also I can't try it because I don't have that problem

Edit: they did say bootloader and Odin I'm tripping it's late lol

Last edited:

Jimmy_Christ

Jan 8, 2013
New Orleans
Lol it was right in my face but yeah basically if the zip I provided did work then that was the issue and the proper way of fixing it is to guarantee this does happen again is

Odin to md4
Then flash

What that article that the guy supplied forgot to say was bootloader also not just firmware the d2 variants need to be updated bootloader wise which only possible way of doing is Odin to md4 but I have theory of just reinstalling twrp on a md4 based rom could fix or reinstalling twrp through goo on pac could also I can't try it because I don't have that problem

Edit: they did say bootloader and Odin I'm tripping it's late lol

Lol. It's all good

Reactions: chriswbush

Misty_Meow

Jan 9, 2013
Columbus, OH
Odin to md4
Then flash
That's an awful lot of work. Why not rewrite the updater script instead? Replacing META files should suffice.

Reactions: ArmyGurl2011

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
Wondered why my personal builds weren't flashing, I knew right away it was gonna be a pain from the error. I think that Odin is gonna be the only solid option in this case. Which sucks so much because I don't have windows right bow and my laptop doesn't recognize the device. ADB sees it but it can't mount so maybe it will work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

chriswbush

Dec 1, 2011
California
Wondered why my personal builds weren't flashing, I knew right away it was gonna be a pain from the error. I think that Odin is gonna be the only solid option in this case. Which sucks so much because I don't have windows right bow and my laptop doesn't recognize the device. ADB sees it but it can't mount so maybe it will work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099 here you go bud read that no pc needed

just remember to flash a custom recovery before your done here is a link to flashable recoveries i suggest getting twrp 2.5

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2151476

also idk why i didnt think of this last night i guess since its mid day and not 1 am lol sorry for yesterday of not thinking about this

Last edited:

JBakey

Oct 19, 2010
So I don't know what the deal is, but I'm on 5/16 and my data works, but its greyed out and won't let me access the play store. I've tried rebooting, wiping cache and dalvik, fixing permissions, nothing seems to have fixed it. Anyone know of a fix?

life

Apr 19, 2011
Texas
armgaming.net
So I don't know what the deal is, but I'm on 5/16 and my data works, but its greyed out and won't let me access the play store. I've tried rebooting, wiping cache and dalvik, fixing permissions, nothing seems to have fixed it. Anyone know of a fix?

connect to wifi...

what baseband are you on?

JBakey

Oct 19, 2010
connect to wifi...

what baseband are you on?

Lol WiFi works fine, that's not my problem. Even data WORKS, its just greyed out preventing things like the play store from connecting. I'm using the MD4 modem.

Edit: This was posted from my greyed out 3/4G, so data itself works. Maybe its the PRL I'm running. 16012 for what its worth.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][d2SPR] PAC-ROM LP MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Man - Sprint, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    [ROM][D2SPR][4.1.2][05DEC2012]PAC-man V18.0.0 | All-In-One | PA-2.55 | AOKP-M1 | CM10

Original OP
    Just got the OK from kbizzle and am honored to be taking over as the maintainer or the PAC man ROM. It will be run as a team LOTK rom and I will be setting everything up on my desktop tonight and hopefully have a build up and running in the next few days for you guys.

XDA Moderator
    I will be taking over this thread when I release the next build. Thanks for the bug reports. The kernel will get updated with this update to remove the wake lock. The 3g to lte handoff has been fixed on the latest nightly and I will be putting fix into the update. I got my github setup last night for the vendor files. I've gotta pull and new stuff over and add in my fixes and will build soon. Need some time to look into bugs but keep them coming cause the more bugs reported the more I can try to fix.

XDA Moderator
    Just got the OK from kbizzle and am honored to be taking over as the maintainer or the PAC man ROM. It will be run as a team LOTK rom and I will be setting everything up on my desktop tonight and hopefully have a build up and running in the next few days for you guys.

XDA Moderator

Thanks papa. I'll provide all my resources and info to him. You all will be well taken care of.

Thank you again to all supporters. It's been an awesome ride! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2